• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
padawan

Free2Play Players - Opinions & Experiences...

81 posts in this topic

I actually found out about this game by complete accident from a WoT forum post. This game has everything I was looking for. Player base is a whole separate issue. Within minutes of playing for the first time Tuesday night, I went ahead and subscribed but that was because I want to support this game as much as I can because it was what I was looking for.

What I found the first couple of night playing was that this game has a huge learning curve that I am fine with. Some players welcomed me as a new player while in game. That helps. They can also get on you quick for making a tactical error like I did with the placement of my mortar damn close to our forward spawn. I'm fine with them getting on to me as well.

Overall I think this game as pretty good and I look forward to playing more!

I actually found out about this game by complete accident from a WoT forum post. This game has everything I was looking for. Player base is a whole separate issue. Within minutes of playing for the first time Tuesday night, I went ahead and subscribed but that was because I want to support this game as much as I can because it was what I was looking for.

What I found the first couple of night playing was that this game has a huge learning curve that I am fine with. Some players welcomed me as a new player while in game. That helps. They can also get on you quick for making a tactical error like I did with the placement of my mortar damn close to our forward spawn. I'm fine with them getting on to me as well.

Welcome Ekilov - I hope you can keep enjoying the game :)

If you have any questions, just ask as there are plenty of vets willing to answer.

I have to agree with a lot of what mosquito said. I'd also like to expand on it by pointing out, as have others, that the map is really quite large with a bunch of interesting terrain, but it almost never gets used because all of the action takes place in the cities and FBs. If there were some reason to have combat take place outside of those areas, and without needing AOs/DOs, the game would be much more realistic and compelling.

!Salute!

And Welcome to the game!

If you ever run into trouble or have a question in game, and you see me on, Please don't hesitate to PM me Anytime and I'll try my best to help, or if you just need someone to cover you or whatever.

This playerbase is Awesome! IMO, One of the best around! But just like most online games, there are a few jerks out there, or Decent people who act like one sometimes, Good idea when that happens to just take the High road and to remember that they don't Represent us all. So Don't give up on us:)

I look forward to seeing you on the Battlefield...this up-coming Campaign should be a great one, not one to be missed!

!S

As a new player, I found a few things confusing about this great game.

#1. It's 13 years old but I've never heard of it, and I play A LOT of fps. In fact, I stumbled on this game purely by accident. I had to do a web search specifically for a WW2 online shooter in order to find it. Good thing I was looking for one.

#2. There's no tutorial videos that I could find. There's plenty of videos for other games showing tactics and how to use game options, yet players of this game have not done this. The first thing I did after playing a few days was make a compilation video to show my friend how cool this game is. I was surprised how few videos there are on Youtube for this game.

#3. I constantly see "Troops needed at ###" yet I have to run down the list of Brigades, click on each to find one in that area and then join it. My first instinct was to search for that town using the search function on the Theatre Map, click on it to see what brigades were currently in that city and then join one of them....but you can't do that. As a foot soldier, I don't care what supply lines connect what cities, or who controls each city, or where the cities are in relation to each other. Commanders and such might, but I just need to get to the objectives and the combat map works fine for that. So why do I need a large map, that takes up a lot of space (like it's important for me to know it's there) but I can't use it for anything other than to see how large the world map is?

My first experience with an online fps was Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, so I'm used to this style of play and really prefer it to COD:MW or BF. And being a vet, I know battle is lots of boredom followed by intense chaos followed by lots of boredom, so the long down time on the way to battle is accurate and something that doesn't bother me. I'm pretty paranoid there's someone in the next bush anyway.

Great game though, and I tell everybody about it! Even those who don't play this sort of game in case I can get a convert, or maybe they'll spread the word as well.

#2. There's no tutorial videos that I could find. There's plenty of videos for other games showing tactics and how to use game options, yet players of this game have not done this. The first thing I did after playing a few days was make a compilation video to show my friend how cool this game is. I was surprised how few videos there are on Youtube for this game.

Ingame there are a few tutorial videos and on youtube as well, search for WWIIonline or WW2online next to battleground europe. The game had that name before.

#3. I constantly see "Troops needed at ###" yet I have to run down the list of Brigades, click on each to find one in that area and then join it. My first instinct was to search for that town using the search function on the Theatre Map, click on it to see what brigades were currently in that city and then join one of them....but you can't do that. As a foot soldier, I don't care what supply lines connect what cities, or who controls each city, or where the cities are in relation to each other. Commanders and such might, but I just need to get to the objectives and the combat map works fine for that. So why do I need a large map, that takes up a lot of space (like it's important for me to know it's there) but I can't use it for anything other than to see how large the world map is?

You can navigate through the theater map. Rightclick on a town to join one of the brigades that are in it.

This post shows an easy 5 step guide for finding action:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=350957

I'm happy that you like the game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0