• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaoswzkd

Free Trial to Free2Play; Some Features Missing and a Suggestion

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I've been playing on the Free Trial account for about 2 years due to financial restrictions, wound up in a great squad (Shoutout to Windhund), and have been able to quite enjoy the game despite not being able to cap, spawn FRUs, create missions, or access more than lower-grade armor, guns and infantry weapons.

I knew that the Free Trial was being changed over to Free 2 Play, but it wasn't until today that I noticed the capping change, which I'm quite glad for (honestly, the worst thing was having people yell at you to get in the CP to cap it instead of locking down the entrances, or expect that it's being capped when you're the only one in it).

Having noticed that, I decided I would go look up all the differences for F2P. Apparently, F2P accounts can also access 12 personas, where I am limited to only the Army persona for each nation, as per the Free Trial. Ranking is also no longer supposed to be restricted, but I am still stuck on Grenadier, as per Free Trial.

I would very much like to be able to access the other personas, as well as rank up, if only just to enjoy doing so (And to move the rank over to a subscribed account if I am able to manage it in the future).

Please let me know, CRS/other mods, about any solutions to my problem with my Free Trial/F2P account.

Also, I would like to make a suggestion for F2P accounts. I can't tell you the number of times I've been with the squad or on other missions as the last guy or last infantry alive in a town and asked to take lead and make a FRU. Every time I feel like I'm letting down the squad or the ML. I can understand restricting F2Players from making missions, but I believe it would help if they would be able to make FRUs after taking lead of a mission already created (perhaps just as infantry, to keep it somewhat restricted?). Abusing this might be possible, but I believe that would only happen in coordinated situations, like with a squad, in which the gameplay experience would be even more enjoyable and would occur on such a small scale.

Thanks for such a great game CRS,

Chaoswzkd

Glad you're enjoying the game chaos.

With the new F2P account, you are still limited to rank 2 which is a way of stopping you getting LMGs, snipers, better tanks and planes etc.

If you are unable to access navy and airforce personas, then you may have encountered some kind of account bug. When they launched F2P, I seem to remember them saying that free trial accounts might not switch over properly. The best way round it is to start a new F2P account. I know that's a pain and you have to get a new name, but CRS aren't going to spend any time and resources on making sure old free trial accounts switch to F2P properly.

You should also be aware that if you change to a full subscriber account, you will not be able to downgrade to the F2P account and will have to start a new one if you cancel your sub. The reason for this is that the account management programmes were written years ago before the concept of different accounts was developed and CRS do not have the time or resources to write new programmes to allow that functionality.

I think the worry with letting F2P players become leaders and build FRUs is that it removes another incentive to pay for the full game. F2P accounts are great (I have one for playing Axis) and we love having you guys there to make the battlefield bigger, but from CRS' point of view, they need to ensure the maximum number subscribe. From the announcements I've seen, I understand that the rise in server population has not seen a rise in money taken in, so I don't think F2P accounts will get any more perks.

Hope you keep on having fun!

Trial Bonus removed

Free Play Activated

You should be squared away, check it out for me. S!

Thank you very much, Xoom! Everything seems to be in order and I understand that the rank-up is just restricted to rank 2.

If I have any other issues, I'll let you know.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0