• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunner87

Can't Uninstall the game

14 posts in this topic

I am trying to uninstall and re install the game because i am having some SERIOUS FPS issues that just cropped up in the past few days, however whenever i click uninstall i get an error that says "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file"

Please help.

Well i just went and deleted everything and i then re installed the game, my FPS is horrible still, i have no idea what to do, this issue JUST started maybe a week ago. Drivers are all up to date.

virus? HW failure? can you do a full uninstall now using an uninstall program like revo? If so, use advanced mode to wipe all leftover files and registry entries.

The do a clean install. Also, when did you update your drivers? Could be related to the update.

No virus, i don't know what else to try. Might have to just put the game on the backburner for awhile.

I was able to uninstall the game and re install, same problem. When i go to the game settings to to try and see if i can lower some things that crashes everytime.

can you do a Windows restore point?

Is this a laptop?

Did you update video drivers?

Check your BIOS settings?

Is game defaulting to your video card and not onboard video?

Install as Administrator(Windows 7)

Edited by Pittpete

Yes it is an Asus G73JW, I had zero problems before but now the game just lags unplayably, i have updated everything (bios etc) i don't really know what else to do.

Make sure video card is being used and not the onboard.

In BIOS settings make sure your CPU is running at full speed while playing.

Awhile back i changed something and my CPU was being throttled down and my game ran at like half the FPS.

Check in here for configuring Nvidia/ATI vid cards to ensure that the integrated graphics isn't be used.

If you had a Windows driver update it might have changed it to the integrated card which can't run this game.

Check CPU throttling problem here

Lots of good stuff here

Well i just went and deleted everything and i then re installed the game' date=' my FPS is horrible still, i have no idea what to do, this issue JUST started maybe a week ago. Drivers are all up to date.[/quote']

This was not a good idea. My guess is that the reason why you could not access the install.log file was because your user did not have precession to open it or that it some had been deleted.

Running the un-installer as administrator might have solved this issue for you, the problem with just deleting files is that it leaves a bunch of register files in place and this will cause problems sooner or later. If you have done things like this in the past I strongly recommend getting a register cleaner and clean it up.

Not trying to take a lecturing tone, but you must never just delete programs.

Ok so your problem: You say it came over night? One day you were playing and everything was fine, but the the next you were having FPS issues?

If that is the case I can almost guarantee that it is not something caused by the game it self. Do you remember if any updates were installed or if you installed anything else that might affect your PC? Are other games working fine?

Yeah i Know, i am trying to dig through things and figure it out, i used to be able to play the game (not maxed, god forbid) but i could run it fne. I am just really stumped. It is the only reason i posted here i can usually figure out these sort of problems :(

Ok no worries. If we can fix it we will.

Ok so your game is suddenly not working as well as it used to. To me this signals that it is not the game that is the issue, but something else. Something has changed. In any case a dxdiag fil might not be bad. Know how to generat one of these?

I think so, I just updated everything that i could think of, and did a full virus scan with MSE and a malware scan with malwarebytes and found nothing. I will have normal FPS ingame for a bit then it turns into a slide show, then it is back to normal again.

edit: guess i dont know how to do it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0