Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
talman

Engineer's explosives

11 posts in this topic

Can these be used on FRU's as well as forward bases? I couldn't get a firm answer online when I was playing.

The explosives main use is to blow up forward bases, however FRU's will be killed by them too. Might need more than 1.

actually probably won't need more than 1 unless you place it not on the actual boxes

Talman, when well placed, they (the charges) can detract/de wheel vevehicles. Also, tank machine guns can be disabled.

The engineer satchels will damage trucks and German halftracks. Place them on the engine and on the rear. I have had a fair amount of success with this tactic. I'm not sure how many it really takes, because I usually use at least three. (If you can get one on the radiator just as the truck driver finishes setting his FRU, you get a two for one deal.)

They can also be attached to AA guns and AT guns. Crawl up and place them on the base. Then run to safety and watch 'em go up!

Also, if there is an Attack Objective on a bridge, you can use them to blow it up. It takes 40 satchels to do so, however.

(On the other hand you can repair a bridge for the same amount of repair tools, if it has a green Defense Objective on it))

Edited by Quincannon

They can destroy tanks, not sure of the ideal placement or number but I've blown a number of tanks with them.

Also when placed against a wall they can kill infantry on the other side. Engineers placing satchels against the walls of CP's to kill guarding/capping infantry on the the other side is a tactic I've seen used successfully in game.

Edited by exile98

You can even put them on the floor when ei has spotted you and started chasing you. You don't kill em very often but it stops the chase. I have put them on ei before now as well.

yes can kill a moving tank with them they tend to warp under and if it dont blow the tank up it gives them a heart attack so win win situ:D

You can go to an enemy factory and place satchels on the factory and damage it, thereby effecting the enemy resupply rate .... but bring a lot of satchels and a lot of beer for the trip ....:) Not the most efficient use of one though ...

Edited by Cosian

You can blow open a building with enough of them as well ... Or you can blow yourself up quite nicely by standing on one you laid ...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0