Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
saryehudah

Any News on F2P Updates?

saryehudah

Shalom everyone. Despite this game's age, I really like it a lot. I have only as of yet played as a riflemen however. I love this game's setting. WWII Online is a truely unique experience as it allows the player to fight during the campaign of 1940, as pre-conquest French. This is a HUGE selling point for me. I'm not French, but I love to play as factions which are under represented in modern games. Unfortunately, I am struggling financially, and I cannot buy a subscription. I can however, afford to drop cash into WWII Online on occasion. I want to know if CRS is working on a F2P model which isn't just a bare bones replacement for Trial. 18 USD per month is a lot to ask. 10 USD per month is also a lot to ask. I am not denigrating this game by the way. But games with amazing graphics and a user friendly interface, such as the new Planetside 2, are available. Like I said. I would love to spend money on Battleground Europe. But I cannot afford a monthly subscription. Most of my money goes to food and bills.

Godspeed,

Sar Yehudah

Edited by saryehudah

PITTPETE

Free to play I believe can use SMG's also as well as Para Rifleman.

Also pretty sure some vehicles and F2P can cap CP's.

I would have to disagree and don't want to offend, but $9.99 a month for this game is not a lot of money.

Games with 10x the graphics can't bring to the table what this game can on any given day or battle.

33 cents a day to play.

pfmosquito

Well, unless he's the Federal government, if he ain't got the money, he ain't got the money. I'd take a F2Per with a full stomach than a subscriber starving to death. But then, I'm not CRS. :)

leparc

As above try para missions now ;).

If you cannot afford to pay subs. The next best thing you can do for this game is to play more ;). Also spread the word to your friends.

We all know this game is at its best when there are lots of ppl playing.

Hope your financial issues improve in 2013.

S!

saryehudah

Sadly they won't as far as I can tell. I am a full time student.I am working on a BA in History w/ a Minor in Judaic studies. (I pray i'll get accepted into a graduate program.) I live with my mom, lol. Her health isn't great and I have two sisters, one who is a handful since she is severely autistic. I'm not complaining though. I prefer to live with them, (plus I have to). But I do like to waste time playing computer games, namely, games with a historical setting.Hopefully this summer I will be able to do some subbing at a local highschool. What I am hoping for is the ability to buy features via microtransactions. The best I can do is probably purchase a prepaid credit card, and have it billed to that, since I only can use cash and debit. But unfrotunately it costs 4-5 buckeroos to get one activated and they come in nice round numbers, 25, 50, 100. a 25 $ card costs about 29, and would only buy me two months of basic, of which I can barely afford. I WANT to support this game when I am able to. I like it that much.

fpsmoto

Most basic checking accounts are free at banks. I think you have to be 16 years or older to create one, although I'm sure it varies bank to bank. So if you are 16, just keep some money in there for a subscription and you should be good to go.

saryehudah

I'm 24 =P. As I've said. I don't use that nor can I. And I do not have the money either. I don't need financial advice. I just want to know if CRS is going to make F2P model rather than a permanent trial. If they aren't, I'd like to encourage them to do so.

Edited by saryehudah

Hinfoos

aye, you dont have the money.

CRS doesnt have the money either to make alot of stuff free.

its your choise to pay for the toys or play for free with the less toys version.

you will get a job sooner or later to pay for your hobbies.

smythes

Welcome to the game! Sorry to hear you are strapped for cash, but glad you are richer for being part of the game experience.

saryehudah
aye, you dont have the money.

CRS doesnt have the money either to make alot of stuff free.

its your choise to pay for the toys or play for free with the less toys version.

you will get a job sooner or later to pay for your hobbies.

Let's be fair now. I assume CRS doesn't have a lot of money because their game is considered (wrongly) to be complete crap by most people who I know who have played it, and it looks and feels ancient. It's no wonder WWII Online doesn't have enough subscribers. I know that WWII Online is 12 years old by now, and most players have probably moved on. I am already sold on the game itself. But most people aren't the least bit impressed. The best way to make WWII Online profitable, is to make a new product on an improved engine. It doesn't help either that it is not compatible with intel cards, which are more than capable of running the game, since I have run far more demanding games on a 2008 intel mobility card. If I was a coder, (I'm not that smart), I'd code free of charge for CRS, because this game is geuininely unique, but unfortunately is also very inferior to other products which are somewhat similar, such as Planetside 2. Regardless of CRS' financial situation (I don't know anything about it), the price of 10-18 USD per month for accessing all of it's features really IS too much to ask given all of the problems with it, it's antiquity, and not being very user friendly in terms on the UI. I'm NOT dumping on the game. I love it. I am just trying to point out that it isn't fair to say "CRS can't make a fair, workable F2P model due to finances," when many other games do just that. If CRS is struggling, they could find a big publisher to fund improvement. Now I am not telling anyone in CRS to do anything like that. I am merely pointing out, (being someone who doesn't understand modern economics all that well, that they can attach themelves to a big company, if CRS' finances are very bad.

I have and continue to offer financial support to CRS by buying with microtransactions. Since I can afford to occasionally drop 10, 15, or 20 dollars into the game. But there is no way I am going to spend 20 dollars for two months, then have all of my weapons and vehicle options taken away from me until i buy another month. If I had the money to pay 10 USD a month, without interruption. I would do so. But a lack of microtransactions excludes me from supporting CRS.

Edited by saryehudah

PITTPETE

Can't find the post, but it was stated before that microtransactions are not on any future to do list for CRS.

How would it work if you paid for use of an LMG, and they were out of supply?

This being a supply based game, makes it a little more difficult to code in microtransactions.

As far as Planetside 2 goes, come back in 2 years and lets see where that game is?

ovelha
(...) I just want to know if CRS is going to make F2P model rather than a permanent trial. (...)

Hi there

CRS does offer a F2P (free-to-play) model. Their business model is: you play for free with limited weapons, if you want more, you pay a subscription. This is a good model, most players in this community support. One of the problems with micro-transactions is that the game will usually end up being pay-2-win, and we don't want that ;) .

Even with limited toys, you can have lots of fun in this game. If you can, get on Team speak and get on a squad. Fun guarantee :D

Ovelha

(saintj on F2P account)

bigrow

I do think there is room for MTs in this game. Buying equipment would probably be difficult to implement due to the supply rules of the game, and that you can well imagine someone getting very annoyed when the tank they just bought was instantly killed when they spawned in at the wrong place.

But offering shorter periods of full access, for example, could be a good revenue raiser while giving someone who is unsure or unable to commit to a full subscription a small taste of what they are missing.

MT's work because once you have input your payment details once, there is a much higher chance you will pay for something again as it's quick and easy, the more you get involved in the game, the more you are likely to pay in the future. If they could also track new player stats properly, then that could open up a reward system so that players could earn credits when certain objectives are achieved eg a free 3 day all access pass when a player achieves their first A2A kill/3 caps in a sortie/5 kills as infantry etc etc but i digress lol.

For what it's worth..... i know this game has some very dated features, but personally have never had an issue with the graphics level because the trade-off is to be able to have alot more players in a single battle(with a far larger map) than just about any other game i have played. Also the last version was released in late 2011, had they called the game ww2ol 2011(or something similarly modern :)) instead of 1.35 i wonder if perceptions would be different. After all, MANY games devs simply re-package their old games each year with just 1 or 2 new features.

Sign in to follow this