Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saryehudah

F2P tank suggestion, High Velocity

5 posts in this topic

I have a suggestion

Also, why not add the Panther to Basic and Mk IV G to F2P?

F2P Axis lacks sufficient hardware to fight late Allied armor.

I noticed that this game does not have Panthers. It would be great to allow F2P to use the Panzer IV G, that way they can fight off tanks later in a campaign, but still give basic subscribers the better tank.

If F2P is not limited to certain equipment then where is the incentive to pay for an account?

F2P can spawn an 88.

In your other posts you talk about playing both sides, but you keep commenting on how to combat allied armor.:confused:

Panther will not be added to the game unless a British, French and American tank are also introduced at the same time, otherwise the delicate balance of the game would be thrown off. CRS won't be doing this any time soon. I believe the next tank scheduled for release is the Pz IIIL and some allied tanks that I forget.

The 4g is not going to be available for F2P because it's a good tank. You shouldn't be able to easily combat the best allied armour as a F2P player, otherwise what is the incentive to buy a basic or premium account?

It's the same if you play allied - you can't spawn quality tanks to fight the quality axis tanks.

I understand that you want access to the good stuff, and I understand that lots of people can't pay a $10 subscription. I'd love to see micro transactions so that you could get access to good tanks for a short amount of time, but CRS will not be in a position to overhaul their billing and equipment availability system for a very long time - and when they are, they might decide it makes financial sense not to do that. We have to assume they know what makes sense financially.

I've mostly been playing as French. I'm not well familiar with French tanks, but everything I've said about Axis I also apply to Allies. I am a historian, and I know that low velocity canons are hopelessly useless against late wwii designs. the 75mm Panther butchered the t-34-85 repeatedly, and it isn't only explained by more frontal armor and experienced crews. The canon is superior, and the t-34-85 DOES have a good HV canon mounted on it. So a 1941 german popgun is hardly going to stand a chance against 76'rs, fireflies, and so forth. I never asked to get everything, or much of anything free except for a basic, decent tank, for all factions, for f2p which can do REASONABLY well, late in game.

The best Axis tanks in the later tiers are the Tiger, 3g and 4g. You simply aren't going to get them as a F2P account. They are few in number and must be reserved for the paying subscribers.

We will not get the Panther. Maybe in a few years, if this subscription drive works and money comes rolling in so that CRS can employ more people, but not now or even soon - so it's best not to hope for it.

Allies don't have fireflies, so no need to worry about it. The Shermans can be killed by the ATGs that F2P accounts can spawn. The Pz3H (which I think F2P players get in the late war period?) can also kill shermans at closer ranges. And remember, the terrain in this game means most tank combat is well under 1km, often within a few hundred meters. The hardest tank for you to deal with is the Churchill series - but they're slower than snails and mount the relatively ordinary 6lber.

So, as a F2P account, you can use a basic tank that can do reasonably well if you are very careful - or once the high end tanks are all dead. And this often happens very quickly, leaving the mid and low tier tanks to finish the battle. CRS want F2P players to say "oooh, I really want the 4g" - that way, they might subscribe. Free accounts are great - they increase the population and make the game more fun, but they don't pay the bills and CRS will always need to make them feel like they stand to gain something concrete if they make a financial commitment.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0