Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drill

Game will not launch after installing patch

56 posts in this topic

Drill, it might be time to do some routine system maintainance/flushing.

This is a PERFECT example of how it's best to not beat your head against the wall for hours & hours trying to figure out something hopelessly complicated. It's a more effective manner of dealing with the problem to back up all important data, wipe clean & start over.

Does that suck in a sense? Yes it does. Are you totally over having to do that in less than 3 hours? Yes you are, and your computer will be running better than it was before.

I'd hate to see you go, drill. This is likely your best bet, but it IS a concern that your card is failing the Direct3D test.

Drill, it might be time to do some routine system maintainance/flushing.

This is a PERFECT example of how it's best to not beat your head against the wall for hours & hours trying to figure out something hopelessly complicated. It's a more effective manner of dealing with the problem to back up all important data, wipe clean & start over.

Does that suck in a sense? Yes it does. Are you totally over having to do that in less than 3 hours? Yes you are, and your computer will be running better than it was before.

I'd hate to see you go, drill. This is likely your best bet, but it IS a concern that your card is failing the Direct3D test.

did the maintenance or should i say i scan for spy ware defrag and cleaned out old files before defrag. Just did a the maintenance thing a few days before the patch and game worked good. Just re downloaded game and did another install to no avail...... 4 times i tried to reinstall this game now. So its all in CRS's hands now if they want to continue to debit my credit card.

like i said this all started when i installed new patch.

I am not going to wipe a drive out screw that. all i did was install a patch. and game will not launch.

thanks for the suggestion. wish crs tech support was as friendly and helpful as the people on this forum. Yet to hear from the people i pay my money to.

respectfully yours,

drill

I loaded the new patch and now I my system won't load the game either!

I get the IE window that says "WW2 has encountered a problem and will close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Please tell Microsoft....blah blah blah...

I have a similar problem when trying to run this new version

AppName: ww2.exe AppVer: 1.21.2.255 ModName: ww2.exe

ModVer: 1.21.2.255 Offset: 0002f813

The previous version that was replaced yesterday worked fine, and still does as long as it's not updated..... but of course undated it will only function in that crummy offline mode.

Is it sensible to mod a commercial online game hours before your CRS's have a 2 day break..... I am hanging in there with this.... but it is frustrating when you have just paid $35 and can't play online because of a recent version change.

I have filed a ticket and hope they can sort this out before the $14.99 subscription money runs out. :mad:

The problem is definately not in the playgate app because the game won't run even offline.

Yeah, that's just with drill, the other guys said they could play offline.

Hmm.... drill, when the game doesn't load after attempting to run, do you still have ww2.exe running in Task Manager? I remember one time when it was better to run the game in windows 98 compatibility for some reason or another, and when you exited the game, you still had an instance og the exe runing in the background, and you couldn't start the game again, did exactly what you are describing.

Hello..

I havn't had an issue with this on MY comp, but my father is running into this same prob..already updating all drivers, defrag, un/re-installed game a few times and keep getting a microsoft/windows thing saying.. "WWII has encountered and error and needs to close at this time"..

Now I Spent the last few hours tinkering with all the settings and cleaning up the comp, Ran perfectly fine before the new patch and then starting pulling this. I have checked all my options and am completly stupified on this matter. Not sure what else to try besides what has already been posted.

Any new info could ya let me know pls....thanks guys/gals..

mss12guage@aol.com

Well i checked a few things and also found this out:

The application, C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/20/2006 @ 22:05:25.671 The exception generated was c000001d at address 0042F813 (ww2)

Friday, January 20, 2006

The application, C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/20/2006 @ 22:05:55.156 The exception generated was c000001d at address 0042F813 (ww2)

Can anyone translate for me please.. :) thx!!

The application, C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/20/2006 @ 22:05:25.671 The exception generated was c000001d at address 0042F813 (ww2)

Friday, January 20, 2006

The application, C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/20/2006 @ 22:05:55.156 The exception generated was c000001d at address 0042F813 (ww2)

nope but thanks for the support.

we are all in this togather. just reading another thread about someone having a new computer and can't get the game to launch.

drill

ya that would be me....

amd64bit 3800+

2 gig memory

200gig hd

radeon 9800pro 256/256

ya.....doesnt work....why?first thing i loaded after everything else

Having the exact same issue as Drill, since the 1.21.2 patch I an unable to launch the game either online or offline. I have tried reinstalling from both 1.21.0 and patching to 1.21.2 and by downloading a full install of 1.21.2.

If I uninstall everything and install 1.21.0, I am able load the offline mode, and this is the same with 1.21.1. However as soon as I patch or install the latest I get the same WW2 encountered a problem message.

In between tests I took the oppurtunity to update both video and sound drivers to the latest versions.

Friday, January 20, 2006

0002f813 seems to be the address causing the problem.... it's the same string as I keep getting.

Just did a 2 hour install of windows and it's still not working... Time to give up until someone at tech realises what a problem this is,,,

I have a similar problem when trying to run this new version

AppName: ww2.exe AppVer: 1.21.2.255 ModName: ww2.exe

ModVer: 1.21.2.255 Offset: 0002f813

I'm having the same problem.

Worked fine before the patch.

Can't play offline, either.

Reinstalled twice (clean reinstalls).

sigh...

Remember that the only way to get it to CRS tech support would be by filling out at ticket. Don't assume that there will be enough other people filling out a ticket for them to notice a commonality.

Amen to that, I would say this should be made a CRS priority........ as many tickets as possible would help make it that way... True.

It obvoiusly has something to do with ww2.exe, something that is causing the file to corrupt on quite a few computers.

I know, I Know wait for CRS to look at the ticket...... but spending $35 and not being able to play a few hours later when they update is v. frustrating.

SIGH....... :confused:

....Oh and on the bright side at least I am relieved that this will most probably get sorted soon! I was worried it might be totaly a problem my end.... but it makes you wonder why the majority updates worked.

Please ppl with this problem, fill out a ticket and give 'em hell..... PATCH THE PATCH!!

Holz my error reads exactly the same as yours.

I submitted a ticket with the info from the error report.

Multiple tickets regarding the same error usually get noticed.

Btw, great work gnasche.

Holz my error reads exactly the same as yours.

I submitted a ticket with the info from the error report.

Multiple tickets regarding the same error usually get noticed.

Btw, great work gnasche.

Ya, and this forum is the only thing keeping me sane with the game ;)

I could just play offline on the previous version, but that doesn't satisfy mein bloodlust :D

Have a good weekend all.

Have you guys tried a uninstall, restart and fresh new load of latest full game download?

I did that and it solved ALL my game issues including not being able to update or start after this last patch.

We seem to have had some issues with this patch. We'll be examiining what to do about them first thing Monday morning, although things have begun already between several of us here even though it's early Sunday morning.

We had some really bad network issues on Friday that would appear to have affected our version control in some weird way we couldn't have anticipated, if my early research is correct.

Mighty bummed, but we'll jump on it guys.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0