Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
ovelha

axis big push on the south

ovelha

Since "free to play" players don't have access to the rest of the forums (where most of this is discussed) here in a small explanation of what is happening on the map .

Yesterday allies were making a big push effort on the north and as you see on the following map, we (I play allied only) were attacking Paal and Hasselt, in the north:

map_1.jpg

Well this attacks were not "easy" . Axis put up a strong defense, but for the most part we had more supply and managed, after hours of fierce fighting capture this 2 towns. The problem was that while allies were doing this, axis decided to push hard on Luxenbourg. And allies lost focus on that town long enough to let axis forces take it (this is usually a hard town to get).

Axis not only got that town but started a "Pincer maneuver" on the south. And right now this is what we have:

map_2.jpg

In the next hours 2 things can happen (both green lines on map):

1) Axis capture 2 more towns, finishing their maneuver and cutting 2 allied divisions (cut divisions have no resupply and eventually will surrender).

2) Allies capture 3 towns in the south, cutting 1 axis division and get no oposition on the south of the map, allowing them to capture Frankfurt (or at least try).

We can also have a "standoff" that will lead to big fights all weekend.

saintj - saintj2 - ovelha

tomppeli2k

nice post here :) ty! S! Tomppeli2k/tomppeli

btw how much people have been online in those biggest battles in axis side? dont need exactly but like about how much... :) ?

:D

ovelha

map_3.jpg

Just to prove me wrong, Allied High Command pushed the attack to the north (look at arrow) which forced German High Command pull back to protect their factory towns.

I have no idea of how many axis players are playing, but allies are having good numbers (when I play) and no/low spawn delay, so axis seem to also have good numbers.... Good times :)

And to all "free to play": Any (paying) player can make this movements/decisions on the map, you just have to join HC (High Command).

TMAN

You can follow the action on one of the Lagus squad web site at www.lagus.cc/webmap

Great narrative, keep it up.

S!

ovelha

Thanks Tman . I always forget to add that link to lagus map.

Allies have made a significant push for axis factory towns (blue arrow) while axis captured some towns up in the north (red arrow).

map_4.jpg

Usually when the map gets to this stage, when a side is so close to the other side factories, that side wins. But that's not always the case ! Sometimes the loosing side fights hard and manages to get back. It really depends on players logging in and fighting !

Also if all comes to the worst for axis, I got to tell you that one of the most amusing times I had in this game was when defeat was certain, with "hordes" of axis players attacking from all sides. So get in game and help your side ! Oh and please, don't forget to have fun doing it :D

For now, this report is over. I might get some more reports going, when interesting things happen on the map and when I get some play time.

saintj - saintj2 - ovelha

Sign in to follow this