Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cheapshot

Special events.

5 posts in this topic

I always hear of big bloody battles/ events but i dont know when they are and i always miss them?

Thanks

Edited by cheapshot

The "Bloody Battles" events were a series of mini campaigns played over a couple of days or a week between main campaigns. They featured fewer brigades and objectives in a small area of the map. I thought they were fun, but people who use the forums screamed and complained no end that they were ruining the game by trying something different. So we haven't had another one for a long time.

The only "special events" I've seen recently have been CinC nights. These are just times when the Commander in Chief of each side promises to log on and every effort is made to get lots of players on so that we can have lots of battles. Sometimes they throw in little games like having the CinCs fly bombers in a certain area and awarding prizes to whoever shoots them down.

They get advertised in the player forums (that I don't think FPA have access to) and the front page of the website. They're kinda of random in timing though.

I actually also enjoy the BB although we had no stats, there was also some small imbalances but the concept was great.

The only thing that made it shine less was that in the low population times, players would loose a town we manage to hold the entire day.

In the last day we held everything and it seemed we could win but when I woke up we had lost around 5 towns and we had lost the BB :/

Special events are generally announced in the gameplay forums for sure, I'm not sure if they are announced here. There is also a special events forum, but I am not sure if free players have access.

I will look into it and in the meantime, I will make sure any such info is cross posted to this forum.

Edited by GVONPAUL

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0