• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gnasche

1.21.3 Patch is available. Post here if you still have issues

26 posts in this topic

Patch is up. This patch fixes the problem with older processors being unable to load the game. Playgate should autoupdate your system when you try to launch to the online server.

If you need to manually install the patch, it's on the downloads page: http://www.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/downloads.jsp

If you still have a problem with loading the game, post here. Include the type of processor you have as well as exactly what happens when you try to load.

The game works fine now, thanks to all the team who worked to find a solution. :)

Do I cancel the ticket I submitted to CRS or is that done automaticly?

Don't worry about cancelling the ticket. They've collected them all and will either cancel them or reply asking you for feedback about the fix.

Already posted a new thread as I didnt see this one but.....

I can log in ok and select a brigade. I select a unit (plane) and click enter world and nothing. it wont enter world. All chat is working but I cannot get my vehicle into game. Squaddies on TS are also mentioning a lot of warping of aircraft as well. I have re-started the game twice and did not have this problem last night.

GOt P4 3.2...wont log into game after selecting weapon...also that account boots my others off when I log on with it.

Merc88

Merc87

Merc86

I have reinstalled the game and downloaded the 2 updates which fixed the launching error i was getting but after about 10 seconds the on the battleground screen while loading it crashes to desktop and the game is completely shut down. This happens as it gets to downloading chat.

I also made the mistake of closing my ticket and posting that all was ok.

PC is AMD athlon XP 2200 1.8ghz

You are right mate. My stuff up. I forgot to set my sound off primary sound driver after reinstalling and now all is good.

Thanks again.

Since the lates patch, i can't watch videos or listen to winamp when the game runs in the background. Both media player classic and winamp just freezes when i try to start the media.

It does not happen all the time, sometimes, i can launch it, but in most of the cases it just freezes. The game still runs, no problem in that.

A64 3000+, 2 GB ram, X800 Pro with Catalyst 5.13, Abit KV8 Pro mobo.

No, its not working, still the same issue: right after the game starts loading, it takes forever to launch Winamp, Media Player, even Teamspeak 2, but everything goes back to normal if i exit the game.

I'm running Winamp using the "DirectSound" output selection. WWII Online uses directsound. I'm positive windows media player would use directsound. However to get teamspeak to work with WWIIOL you must set it to "wave" instead of it's "directsound" option.

I really think it has to be some conflict in an API layer, which is why I recommended looking into directx. Hmm, run: start - run - directx

Go to the Sound tab and see what your hardware acceleration level is at. You may want to test it at the two upper levels.

i always used DirectSound for TS, didn't have any problems with it, until 1.21.2. sound hardware accel is on max, it was always like that with any game, application

btw, i have Abit KV8 with onboard AC97, but no other game has any prblems with it - only in WWII i'm not able to modify sound ingame volume, and not this (sound volume was always like that with 3 different motherboards)

Hmm, I always assumed the Teamspeak problem was universal because so many people couldn't get it working with "directsound".

problem i have now is, i can not load my second account anymore on same pc.

The loading hangs at the iniatializing sounds, when i want to startup my second account.

Got all updated drivers and all for the xfi.

I uninstalled all sound drivers and everything, but the problem is with wwii it seems, somehow it doesnt allow the second ww2.exe to inialize the sounds :(

So basically i can not use my second account anymore :(

Yeah, something definitely is different with the use of sound in recent patches.

klass, the only workaround I can think of for that is, load your first account. Run settings and uncheck "enable sound". Then load your second account.

Interesting bit of info about the sound problem:

every driver updated - I started the game, then winamp and clicked on the 'Play' button. Nothing happened, no music, no sound at all, until I logged off from the game - the mp3 started to play immediately:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0