Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragonkfc

F2P account after a long hiatus.

2 posts in this topic

So I guess this is as good as place as any to leave feedback. A bit of a backstory, I first tried the game back in 2005 or so, and then really got back into it around 2009. It has been over a year since I really played it as much as I have this last month or so. To put this in perspective, when I stopped playing, Dcoy was AHC.

The Bad: I am still disappointed in the lack of an absolute side balance in low pop situations. As I made a comment tonight there is a huge difference between 25vs50 as opposed to 100vs125. Even though you are still outnumbered by 25 people, there are more of you to call out capping/blow FB/start a mole/hunt an efru, whatever. While in theory you could hold off a town against 50 attackers with 25 defenders it makes it hard with the kill trading and the ease of systematically locking down spawns. I understand there is no solution to this other than have a lot more people playing at all times, and anything short of this is only a trade-off, but there it is. It sucks to see a town you barely were able to take during primetime being captured and buffered the next day.

Another goofy quirk is I see the clipping issue hasn't been resolved. Typically not a big deal I suppose, but when you can abuse it to cap it's a bit bogus. I have never seen it used to cap an army base so that's something.

The Odd: I play exclusively as allied, and just for fun I went to see what german ground gear I had access to with f2p. I have access to tanks, atg, aa. When you are brit or french this is a non-issue, but with the americans... it's rifle, submachinegun, or nothing... and since at this point of RDP the americans are the mass majority of the allied force I just find it a bit frustrating, esp when the loosewaffles are in full force. Not really a complaint, just an observation that made me go ???

What the hell happened to the training server? Did it just become way too much trouble or too cumbersome to maintain?

The Good: I think F2P is a step in the right direction. I probably never would have given the game a second (third?) chance after the Rapid Assault fiasco if I didn't have this permanent demo as it were. It lets me directly experience the game's progress with no commitment. Also, if something like this existed back in the day, the learning curve probably would not have been as painful. I feel once you get proficient at rifleman you basically are in a great position to do the rest. Paying 17 bucks a month to get killed seemingly from the ether every life was a big turn off. Now you can learn at your own pace, no money involved, and once you get a feel for what the hell is exactly going on, you can step up to the laser beams, the shotgun, or the panzerwreck.

Another thing, I don't know if it's my end or what is going on, but it seems the bigger battles are a lot more tenable now from a lag point of view. I have the same rig and the same connection I did before, but it seems like the network is actually better if there is such a thing. Yes there are still kill trades and general BS like getting killed from an alley 2 seconds after you get into a building for cover and you getting killed by the worlds fastest invisible man in the bunker, which is probably more wallhacking than a problem with the game. Specifically what I am talking about is it just seems there is less jittery warping non-sense going on in general. Again, it could just be me, but the 2 bigger battles I have been in just felt smoother than they were before. Notice I said smoother, not smooth, heh.

So yeah, I like the game still, not 17 bucks a month like the game, but I feel as though it isn't in it's death throes or anything, still very unique and somewhat fun even after all these years. I look forward to whatever path this game takes in the future.

So I guess this is as good as place as any to leave feedback. A bit of a backstory, I first tried the game back in 2005 or so, and then really got back into it around 2009. It has been over a year since I really played it as much as I have this last month or so. To put this in perspective, when I stopped playing, Dcoy was AHC.

The Bad: I am still disappointed in the lack of an absolute side balance in low pop situations. As I made a comment tonight there is a huge difference between 25vs50 as opposed to 100vs125. Even though you are still outnumbered by 25 people, there are more of you to call out capping/blow FB/start a mole/hunt an efru, whatever. While in theory you could hold off a town against 50 attackers with 25 defenders it makes it hard with the kill trading and the ease of systematically locking down spawns. I understand there is no solution to this other than have a lot more people playing at all times, and anything short of this is only a trade-off, but there it is. It sucks to see a town you barely were able to take during primetime being captured and buffered the next day.

Another goofy quirk is I see the clipping issue hasn't been resolved. Typically not a big deal I suppose, but when you can abuse it to cap it's a bit bogus. I have never seen it used to cap an army base so that's something.

The Odd: I play exclusively as allied, and just for fun I went to see what german ground gear I had access to with f2p. I have access to tanks, atg, aa. When you are brit or french this is a non-issue, but with the americans... it's rifle, submachinegun, or nothing... and since at this point of RDP the americans are the mass majority of the allied force I just find it a bit frustrating, esp when the loosewaffles are in full force. Not really a complaint, just an observation that made me go ???

What the hell happened to the training server? Did it just become way too much trouble or too cumbersome to maintain?

The Good: I think F2P is a step in the right direction. I probably never would have given the game a second (third?) chance after the Rapid Assault fiasco if I didn't have this permanent demo as it were. It lets me directly experience the game's progress with no commitment. Also, if something like this existed back in the day, the learning curve probably would not have been as painful. I feel once you get proficient at rifleman you basically are in a great position to do the rest. Paying 17 bucks a month to get killed seemingly from the ether every life was a big turn off. Now you can learn at your own pace, no money involved, and once you get a feel for what the hell is exactly going on, you can step up to the laser beams, the shotgun, or the panzerwreck.

Another thing, I don't know if it's my end or what is going on, but it seems the bigger battles are a lot more tenable now from a lag point of view. I have the same rig and the same connection I did before, but it seems like the network is actually better if there is such a thing. Yes there are still kill trades and general BS like getting killed from an alley 2 seconds after you get into a building for cover and you getting killed by the worlds fastest invisible man in the bunker, which is probably more wallhacking than a problem with the game. Specifically what I am talking about is it just seems there is less jittery warping non-sense going on in general. Again, it could just be me, but the 2 bigger battles I have been in just felt smoother than they were before. Notice I said smoother, not smooth, heh.

So yeah, I like the game still, not 17 bucks a month like the game, but I feel as though it isn't in it's death throes or anything, still very unique and somewhat fun even after all these years. I look forward to whatever path this game takes in the future.

i recommend people to get Hero plan if they want the game to be fixed untill next summer... only about 60 heroes needed!! and hold the number for 3 months!! not bad! C`MON!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0