• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mal

Upgrade Options

4 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I'm beginning to think my PC is due a complete upgrade, was wondering what options I have.

Current Spec,

Antec300 case

Asus M4A87TD EVO

Corsair 800W PSU

AMD 965 BE

8GB corsair 1600 ram

470GTX

150GB Velociraptor HD?

Win7 64bit

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello there,

I'm beginning to think my PC is due a complete upgrade, was wondering what options I have.

Current Spec,

Antec300 case

Asus M4A87TD EVO

Corsair 800W PSU

AMD 965 BE

8GB corsair 1600 ram

470GTX

150GB Velociraptor HD?

Win7 64bit

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Your Ram and PSU is fine for current and future games.

I would advice you:

1- A new Graphics Card

2- A SDD

3- New Mobo + Intel CPU

1 - For gaphics card I would advice you the 660(cheaper better performance ration than the 660ti) or 660Ti (Supports the new ARCTIC VGA cooler "Accelero Hybrid Extreme" uses air and water to cool your GPU). The 660 since it's cheaper allows you to SLI two really good graphics card at a decreased cost. Advice you to go for Asus or Evga Graphics cards :)

Why no AMD Cards? I haven't had much luck with them yet despite using them in all previous builds they have also lower Shader Clocks but are better in other specs vs Nvidia.

2 - The SDD is really great for windows boot and to install multiplayer competive games like this.

Samsung are known to be the fastest SSD although the difference isn't that noticeable, OCZ is also good you don't need more than 128GB thought, so i would advice you to check:

OCZ SSD VERTEX 3 SERIES

SAMSUNG SSD 840 SERIES

I'm currently use a Transcend 128GB SSD is also good and has worked well until this day.

3 - You probably should consider a new Z77 intel mobo with an Intel CPU like the 3770k, 3770 or the cheaper 3570k Intel ivy Bridge CPUs have proven to be overall better than AMD and with a decrease power demand. (don't get fool by the AMD 8 Core Cpus)

I would advice the following Mobos:

Asus Sabertooth Z77 (No PS/2 support a must for good PvP mechanical Keyboards, No Legacy support for IDE Drivers)

AsRock FATAL1TY Z77 PROFESSIONAL ( Supports PS/2, IDE HD and Even Floppy XD same price range as Sabertooth)

AsRock OC Formula ( E-ATX Format, very well build with good components easy to OC Memory and CPU, PS/2 Support no IDE Support)

Here's My Specs (I'm the process of upgrading my PC should have it next week):

Case: Aerocool BX-500 (Medium Tower Case that supports E-ATX)

Mobo: AsRock OC Formula

CPU: Intel 3770k

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Graphics Card: Evga 660 2GB SuperOverclock

SSD: Transcend SSD320 128GB

HD: Western Digital Barracuda 500GB

RAM: Patriot Viper Xtreme Series Division 2( 4GBx2 at 2400Mhz)

Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD

Keyboard: Steelseries 7G (not worth it 6GV2 better)

You can also choose to wait until the new Z87 Mobos and New Intel CPUs are launch this will happen soon probably Summer or Fall and buy the Z77 Mobos and 1155 Cpus at an even cheaper Price.

PS: If you want to get better at gaming especially PvP a 120Hz 24'inch Monitor will give you an Edge like the BenQ 120HZ 3D Ready Monitors.

Edited by fxmkorp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0