Followers 0
Mosizlak

Flak gun ID

16 posts in this topic

Looks like a kind of a 2CM C/30-38 on a weird ass mount:confused:

Found one looks kind of like it

illustr_2cmAA.gif

Edited by Dodger

I don't know, but I'm going to guess it's a removed aircraft gun on an improvised mount.

The drum doesn't seem like any German AA weapon of the time, so it might be a captured piece.

What's the period of the uniform, and the planes?

The gun's on a naval mount. I'm thinking that it's a leftover at a captured airfield, somewhere near a seacoast such that an extra naval gun could be installed landside, in the early years.

The guy hanging on the gun with his boots out is just goofing off, but that's probably indicative that he's not familiar with it. Obviously he's not going to be able to apply fast-aiming forces to the gun unless you are on your feet.

Edited by jwilly

What's the period of the uniform, and the planes?

The gun's on a naval mount. I'm thinking that it's a leftover at a captured airfield, somewhere near a seacoast such that an extra naval gun could be installed landside, in the early years.

The guy hanging on the gun with his boots out is just goofing off, but that's probably indicative that he's not familiar with it. Obviously he's not going to be able to apply fast-aiming forces to the gun unless you are on your feet.

No clue. Just found the picture on the internet. No background available.

What's the period of the uniform' date=' and the planes?[/quote']

Early Emil, dark camo - Poland? Less likely, Belgium/Netherlands?

Could be a 20mm cannon from an Aircraft retrofitted as an AA seems too boxy and compact for a normal AA.

xov3.jpg

flak.jpg

The barrel seems remarkably similar to the MG 151

t_30_mm_mk_103_baumaffe_113.jpg

MK103 30mm aircraft cannon (belt fed) being used for airfield defense. (WWII German) Note the gunners sheild and the multi chamber muzzle break.

Pretty sure that is the MG 151 Aircraft cannon being used as an Airfield Defense like they did with the 30mm MK103 Aircraft Cannon probably they were lacking AA defenses and had a surplus or not used 20mm Mk 151 Canon(as you see on the background some BF109's) welded some adaptations and they had an AA :), there were many cases in the German Army of field constructing/retrofitting/adapting weapons and guns to new roles.

Edited by fxmkorp

Yeah, it does look like some kind improvised mount for an aircraft mounted cannon.

Guess you use what you have laying around.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0