• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kinjarii

Currret state of active squads / in game numbers

12 posts in this topic

So I came back on a free sub to check out the game after a very long break.

I was a day one player and very active with AST when they were a squad. It was some of the best gaming experiences I ever had and I really miss the days of huge ops and multiple squads working together to move the map.

I have enjoyed getting back in to see the new updates and its tempting to sub up again but I haven't seen the numbers in game or squad tags nearly like it was. I know the numbers must have dropped off over time but are there still active squads with coordinated operations taking place?

Granted I've been logging in at different times so maybe its just a matter of finding peak times.

Can anyone give some insight into current numbers and participation?

S!

Well, to be honest I believe things are not much different from 3 years ago. Players come and go and squads have ups and downs.

Are you playing axis or allied ?

If you fly on the Axis side come check out JG51 we are still very much active.

Thanks for the response - I typically have played Allied but would give Axis a whirl. I have played a map or two wearing the grey but don't have much rank.

Its Summertime....pops always low and squad activity is less.....nothing new here.......Welcome Back!

Coastal

Blitzkader

Allies numbers really depend on the TZ you play in.

13th has "good" pop in Euro/early US (its also the best squad in game ;) ). AEF I think is strong in US TZ . It also depends on what you want to do. Inf ? Armor ? Flyboy ? Navy ? HC ? Troll ? Professional whiner ? Different squads will have different flavors.

Big days : 200-250 max.

Usual days : 80-130 max.

TOE is guilty and exploded squads imho (i played in 2001 during 2.5 months with a different account).

S! and wb.

So I came back on a free sub to check out the game after a very long break.

I was a day one player and very active with AST when they were a squad. It was some of the best gaming experiences I ever had and I really miss the days of huge ops and multiple squads working together to move the map.

I have enjoyed getting back in to see the new updates and its tempting to sub up again but I haven't seen the numbers in game or squad tags nearly like it was. I know the numbers must have dropped off over time but are there still active squads with coordinated operations taking place?

Granted I've been logging in at different times so maybe its just a matter of finding peak times.

Can anyone give some insight into current numbers and participation?

S!

Edited by wolfen

It looks like BGE has staying power. While the pops are certainly less then the highs, it has remained fairly constant last few years.

Hopefully the new coder will make it great again.

this game has no where near the pop it used to have. So low pop in fact that half of the things we used to be able to do no longer apply. When we had 10,000 players it was so much better. Better battles more use of trucks and smaller equipment such as pack guns now you rarely get a tow to a town unless you hook on to the only truck running out to town to set a fru.

Still plenty of fights to be had. It is not as bad as people make out. Air has been particularly active!

Squad play in this game is about done, not at all what it use to be in 2001 when you could have 50 members of the same squad attacking a town. This is why HC was created to keep all players in the same area, whereas in the past it was not done that way. However with changes and updates players have left to play other games and squads may have for example 5 on at one time. Squads are expected to play in the same area now due to AOs, this is completely killing squads except the allied vs german squad.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0