• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikem

Make multicrewing easier

9 posts in this topic

Long time ago there was multicrew request list in WWIIOnline that collected together all multicrew requests for axis/allies. That made it easy to multicrew vehicles without need of spamming chat channels. Nowadays system is that multicrew request is shown only in one mission and that's why it's hard to find multicrew buddy.

I propose also extension for the old system. In recent days I have spawned AT cannons many times and I have been unable to find tow for them. I have many times spawned tow vehicle and have been unable to find willing people to grab cannon I could tow. I propose that you could send "multicrew request" where you ask simply cannon when you're in tow vehicle or you ask tow vehicle when you have chosen cannon.

This system could also be used for parashooting missions. You could ask for tailgunner and parashooters. When you start your transport plane engine your parashooter request disappears.

Especially ships would benefit for increased multicrewing since they have lots of weapon systems and they are expensive. Also I haven't seen people much use AT cannons. AA cannons are used near spawn points to fight airplanes.

Recently I discovered that there are some technical issues with multicrewing and some people even want multicrewing to be removed. I have had no problem with it. When I rarely am able to multicrew I find it fun feature to use. These technical issues are very hard to solve (require lots of programming work) and that's why they are not solved.

I proposed multicrew list (It could be called Couple Finder). I wish it could be made without solving technical issues with multicrewing. If there are occational bugs with it then there are occational bugs with it. I presume multicrew list alone would be fairly simple programming work since you only need to intercept multicrew requests and transfer them to list and let people join in.

This is me assuming it's simple programming work (I can be wrong). It would make gameplay alot more fun and allow me to gather parashooters for plane or request multicrew ships.

I wish multicrew list could be made. It was so fun feature in old days before it was taken away and this new expanded multicrew list would have even more options.

I suppose noone supports my idea and it must die out. :confused:

If you support it write here something and show your support.

MC is awesome but its been broken for a while now...just gotta wait till they can get some coders to fix it.

Polycrewing would be awesome (ability to enter/leave vehicles and use Any spot rather than the old limited set), but yeah, more funding and additional programmers.

From what I've seen of the current game, a Lot of people prefer the infantry game and would rather spawn from a FRU than get an ATG. I've seen a Lot of attacks where both sides just use infantry, even the defenders don't use armour that much.

MC'ing (multi-crewing) works fine in terms of the basics of being able to select either a commander or a crewmen within a mission and operate a vehicle together.

What's broken is that there is a lag issue where other players see the MC'd unit lag-snap lag-snap (appearing to slow down then jump ahead).

However I MC he111's with a fellow squad mate on a regular basis and, since there has been no official word from CRS that MC'ing is banned or a TOS violation, or whatever, I consider it completely fair to do.

I have no sympathy for some fighter pilot who complains that my easily shot down He111 is harder then normal to shoot down -that I should give up what little advantage I have (multiple guns firing with crewmen manning the tail guns (dorsal and belly, etc.) so that he can have more fun shooting me down.

I do wish CRS could /would fix the lag-snap issue, but I refuse to stop mc'ing just because that problem exists.

What's broken is that there is a lag issue where other players see the MC'd unit lag-snap lag-snap (appearing to slow down then jump ahead).

However I MC he111's with a fellow squad mate on a regular basis and, since there has been no official word from CRS that MC'ing is banned or a TOS violation, or whatever, I consider it completely fair to do.

I have no sympathy for some fighter pilot who complains that my easily shot down He111 is harder then normal to shoot down -that I should give up what little advantage I have (multiple guns firing with crewmen manning the tail guns (dorsal and belly, etc.) so that he can have more fun shooting me down.

I do wish CRS could /would fix the lag-snap issue, but I refuse to stop mc'ing just because that problem exists.

Is that you Bronco69 ??

Today I had chance to be gunner for tank so I was able to see how it lags and lag it did. When tank was moving screen stopped upgrading constantly. FPS meter however showed that screen was updating normal way. When tank stopped moving lag vanished completely. Earlier years there wasn't this kind of problem and multicrewing worked fine. There was also multicrew request list that made finding multicrew buddy easy.

I also remember something about multicrewing earlier years. I noticed years ago that when I was multicrewing I saw two tank pictures on map. Other tank picture was left behind in map and then it took step and joined with other tank picture. Then it was left behind again and then it took step to join other tank picture. This cycle was repeated as long as tank was moving.

I hope multicrewing could be fixed and multicrew request list returned but I assume that's not gonna happen :(

I think CRS is working on a Long list of things to make the game better, however we probably need more players, leading to more funds, leading to more coders to get that list worked on faster.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0