• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlnolan

Cannot log into game from different profile in Windows XP

9 posts in this topic

I want to let another user on my computer run BE, but I do not want to let him use my profile to do it. I also will not, under any circumstances, give him adminstrative priviledges on my system. I can get the game to load up in offline mode with no problem, but when trying to go online I get a message that all servers are down. When I switch back to my profile the game loads just fine.

I can see having to purchase a second account for a second computer, but not for the same one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Where there multiple accounts when you installed the game? If so, did it give you the option to install for "all users"? I believe that's the way it works but I haven't used a mutiple account machine in a while. I can't find any way to give rights to a new user for a program already installed on just one user's profile.

Yes, there were multiple accounts when I installed. And no, it did not ask me to install for all users. If it had, I would have selected that option and been done with it.

I did some research and couldn't find any straight forward method to accomplish this. You can probably install the game while in the non-admin account and put it in a different location on the harddrive (both WWIIOL and Playgate).

That's what I was afraid of. Not really an ideal solution in the age of multi-user systems. It's very inconvenient and hogs a lot of disk space with unnecessarily redundant files.

Well, it's just the only solution I know of. Neither support.microsoft.com nor google.com has been very useful in finding out how to resolve the situation. I have to believe, though, that it's possible without having two installs.

Part of the problem may be that some of the necessary information to log into the authentication servers is only stored in the HKEY\Current_User registry hive instead of the HKEY\Local_Machine hive. I'll have to go through my registry later to see what I can come up with.

Thanks for helping, gnasche. Anything else you can come up with will be much appreciated.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0