Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bishopzs

Flickering Screen

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys -

Long time player on and off over the years and enjoying being back for the Veteran's day trial.

But unfortunately I have been having a small issue that isn't game breaking but pretty obnoxious. My screen is flickering / blacking out at random intervals for milliseconds, but those milliseconds count in an intense tank battle or dog fight. It's hard to describe but the screen just blacks out for a moment, sometimes with the menu interface present in the flash, but usually just flickers black.

I have tried reinstalling the game, multiple drivers, running the game with different compatibility modes, and also have messed with different combinations for the video settings (v-sync on / off, post processing on / off etc.) and am totally stumped as to what the issue could be. I have also scoured the forums for any solutions with no luck.

I've got an Acer laptop that is intel i5 2.5ghz, Nvidia gt 630m (latest drivers), 8gb of ram. I have also setup the Nvidia Optimus to use Nvidia (selected card through the CUDA-GPU as well). My laptop works fine with other (new and old) games.

Like I said, it is a simple annoyance but enough to be distracting. Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix it are welcome. Feels like 2002 again. ;)

Thanks!

Edited by bishopzs

Hello and welcome back!

I'm wondering if it might be because of the latest Nvidia driver? I updated my driver and it seemed a bit funky (not the same as what you are describing), but reverted back and using the prior driver it worked just fine. Just a stab in the dark. !S

Did you completely uninstall the old graphics drivers etc and restart before installing the new ones?

Also could we see a dxdiag?

Of course - drivers were completely uninstalled before installing new ones. I don't see the point in posting my dxdiag if all my other (newer and older) games work and the dxdiag is detecting no errors with any of my hardware.

Any other ideas?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0