• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yeLLo1

Computer people Esplain Por Favor

17 posts in this topic

I am accessing ye olde work computer from afar.

I am using it.

Try opening a website on the work computer (passwords faves etc saved there that are not on my home pc).

Nothing works. IE, Firefox, both just not working.

Always figured when this happened before at work that the server and our ISP were having problems.

But I am connected from the web......

So, wtf?

Any ideas what this suggests is wrong with the server?

Start with the basics.

Is the old computer turned on?

The server at work and my 'station' PC have to be turned on for me to be accessing my PC. I am looking at my desk top, working on my documents etc without problem. Same same the files on the server.

So everything is there.

But the browsers on my PC are telling me to Eff Off Master Gore cancelled the interweb.

A recurring sporadic problem, just first time I noticed it from here. hither too I had been blaming the squirrels in the server or Verizon or whoever our ISP is now.

So you are remote accessing your work computer, and the remotely accessed work computer says no intranet?

Anyone there who can reboot it without making you loose connection forever?

So you are remote accessing your work computer, and the remotely accessed work computer says no intranet?

Anyone there who can reboot it without making you loose connection forever?

Yes, via the server which is my work computers window to the world.

Not likely for someone to be there, no chance someone who would stay late to reboot stuff for me.

And its not my PC, the problem has plagued the office.

Server reboot serious annoyance - and has been done since the problem began anyway.

Edited by yeLLo1

Not likely.

And its not my PC, the problem has plagued the office.

Server reboot serious annoyance - and has been done since the problem began anyway.

Probably the offices problem then - not much you can do on your end to el fixit.

Probably the offices problem then - not much you can do on your end to el fixit.

Yeah not looking to fix it right now, not a big deal.

I am just puzzled and wondering if this offers a clue as to the nature of the problem.

Could it be a down speed/up speed problem? It might be that your viewing application is screwing with your bandwidth, so when you o to view a website it can't get a connection.

How's the office setup? Router, bridges, all that jazz? Are you connected wired or wirelessly in the office?

Before anyone says, I've seen some weird offices.

Your IT department probably has a monitor program on the server that prevents pass-through access...which would be a wonderful hacking capability if not blocked.

I.e.:

I want to use a computer to conduct a DoS attack on somebody that could hurt me bad if they tracked me down. So, I find a corporate server that allows pass-through, get access and voila.

Could it be a down speed/up speed problem? It might be that your viewing application is screwing with your bandwidth, so when you o to view a website it can't get a connection.

How's the office setup? Router, bridges, all that jazz? Are you connected wired or wirelessly in the office?

Before anyone says, I've seen some weird offices.

Could very well be a bandwidth thing over all.

But it would not be the viewing app, or at least not only that since it happens when using the PC at my desk as well (and to others).

I have no idea what the router scene is tbh, I just get an ethernet cord to my desk, there is a pile of machines on the server desk but I try to stay away from them.

Not wireless though, no. We used to have DSL, but I think we tossed Verizon on their ear when they sold us a new service and then cancelled our existing account and ISP provided domain etc to do it (despite telling us this would not happen), and the told us to sit around and wait for the team to start up the new account and come install the hardware....

Thus putting us literally off line and out of business - and then did not fix it for a freaking week of hours long phone calls and a grand plus of IT bills to set it right (and I dont know that we ever got back all our emails from that gap).

Think we have comcast now, so cable modem of some variety.

Edited by yeLLo1

Your IT department probably has a monitor program on the server that prevents pass-through access...which would be a wonderful hacking capability if not blocked.

I.e.:

I want to use a computer to conduct a DoS attack on somebody that could hurt me bad if they tracked me down. So, I find a corporate server that allows pass-through, get access and voila.

Not unless its recently installed, routinely do this without trouble. That would be annoying if they put that 'feature' in, though I see your point.

And as noted the same issue crops up when at the PC.

Have you tried going into work and hitting it?

tbh I have tossed my computer from the desk top, even cracked the casing on my CRT.

yeah, crt.

What about it?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0