Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
duchamp

No Supplies Available Free Account?

6 posts in this topic

My free account which has never given me trouble before will not let me join any missions. I was playing with my squad the other night and I ran out of supplies on all missions, and one of my mates told me there were new rules regarding free accounts. I figured it was just a bug, well I just logged on and tried to join my squads mission and it sill show no supplies available. So I tried random missions on allies side, but had no luck. Every mission I try to join shows no supplies available for the rifle class, and I obviously have other weapons locked due to it being a free account.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ok so it looks like there is no supplies for me on any Defensive Objectives, which leads me to believe that the free accounts are using all supplies up now. But what I don't understand is what has changed in the past month or so? This is just silly I haven't been able to join my squad (101st) for three days now as all (and I mean all DO's have no Bolt rifle supplies), which is the only rifle a free account can use.

I am not sure if this was the intended result that devs wanted, but what is the point of a free account if you can't even really play? I have literally been locked out of playing DO's for three days with no end in sight. Can someone explain this to me please? I am not sure if devs think this will get players to fork over the monthly rate, but it is actually having the opposite effect on me as I just rather quit.

FTP has been downgraded since it was introduced. As it was started you have been able to get ur hand on older tanks and planes that still could fight (the more new stuff was researched, the more was downgraded to FTP level). CRS changed that. US troops not even offer AAA or AT guns to FTP. May it be the lack of money or simple misjudgement, the option to attract FTP-players through a good gamefeeling, huge numbers and intense massive multiplayer simulation combat and get em into payed subscribtion will again be lost... as so often in the past. The game was really great, but attraction fades year by year. Too sad.

FTP has been downgraded since it was introduced. As it was started you have been able to get ur hand on older tanks and planes that still could fight (the more new stuff was researched' date=' the more was downgraded to FTP level). CRS changed that. US troops not even offer AAA or AT guns to FTP. May it be the lack of money or simple misjudgement, the option to attract FTP-players through a good gamefeeling, huge numbers and intense massive multiplayer simulation combat and get em into payed subscribtion will again be lost... as so often in the past. The game was really great, but attraction fades year by year. Too sad.[/quote']

Those points may seem very validated in discussion, but regarding results it has been clearly proven that since it is not a 100% genuine free to play model that alterations are necessary to find the right rhythm.

We want our free to play subscription to be an introduction to the game with the hope to offer more for them, and an incentive to contribute to this games remaining 'online.'

As we are now in our 13th year of game operations we have to make decisions that may not be popular, but are necessary.

Unlock 50% of the game by becoming a Basic Subscriber, that is only $9.99 (USD) per month, hardly the cost of going to a movie for 2 hours, yet you get 30 days unlimited time access. Pretty damn good deal if you enjoy the game enough.

To be clear we appreciate our free players as they are targets that generate content for our customers. The free to play subscription remains a flexible and consistent work in progress which will require fine tuning for optimal results for our customers and business.

Edited by XOOM

I think the current F2P loadout is even worse than having no f2p programme. Tier 0 to 2 are alright, but at tier 3 it gets downright unplayable. Having only a low supply of rifles which gets depleted quickly , between that semi-auto and SMG violence makes it NOT fun at all for free players.

Having no chance at all to compete, or even unable to spawn in at all leaves a very bad impression on players casually trying out the game. I suggest that atleast during tier 3, F2p should have SMGs. Having the reduced kit with less variety due to the 'loss' of the British and French is worse enough, and the current setup for the free players makes it even worse.

I base this on my own experience of making a free player account and trying to play. And I am not a greentag who needs to learn everything, including how to shoot with a rifle. It is simply too harsh.

Sorry for sounding blunt (I have this tendancy to do this :D), I hero-ed back up even though I simply cannot play the game, but I needed to say this. I hope you take this under consideration.

Denizzz out untill february (sub running out), back on hero when I have the cash.

===

remains a flexible and consistent work

===

Yes, but maybe the data is showing we need a few more bolt rifles. I have seen a definite increase in player population recently, great news. I don't know the make up of the population - but if the FPA is growing, they are running out of rifles sooner and that is not good.

When I'm on map, I actually watch levels of rifles and even move flags when I wouldn't normally move them, just to try and be sure rifles are in stock at DO towns.

Also, for FPA players, use Naval and Air flags, great source of rifles; just have to ask people to make missions for you. I try and make Navy and Air missions any time I can so more rifles are available.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0