Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blkhwk8

1.19.5 Performance Issues

64 posts in this topic

Kreiger says there is going to be a patch on Monday to try and fix some of the CTDs, but zero mention about the FPS problems.

I have serious problems too. I downloaded the game yesterday, bought an activation key and all, but I get somewhere in the vicinity of 1-3 fps. I'm not running the recommended system requirements (which I'll list below for laughs), but it should at least allow me to play with everything turned off! This is horrible. I can play World of Warcraft and Unreal 2004 on my machine, and they all look better than this game, but here it's unplayable...

Recommended:

P3 800

512Mb Ram

128Mb Video card

My PC:

P3 866

256 Mb Ram

32 Mb Video card (Mind you there's a mention in the help for settings that will help with low memory video cards of 8 Mb...)

Should "Recommended" be "Minimum"? If so, thanks for misleading me into spending 20 euros 8P

(PS: My system is tweaked for maximum performance... disabled all unneccessary services, running Cacheman for maximum memory etc.)

One thing is if you look, your Desktop Res is 1280x1024. Now in the game settings it's 1024x768. Don't know if it will makea a difference to put them the same but it helped me.

You will definetly need a better system than that to be able to play this beast.

Needed :

128 video card

At least 768 but recommend 1 gig ram

> 2ghz cpu

I have serious problems too. I downloaded the game yesterday, bought an activation key and all, but I get somewhere in the vicinity of 1-3 fps. I'm not running the recommended system requirements (which I'll list below for laughs), but it should at least allow me to play with everything turned off! This is horrible. I can play World of Warcraft and Unreal 2004 on my machine, and they all look better than this game, but here it's unplayable...

Recommended:

P3 800

512Mb Ram

128Mb Video card

My PC:

P3 866

256 Mb Ram

32 Mb Video card (Mind you there's a mention in the help for settings that will help with low memory video cards of 8 Mb...)

Should "Recommended" be "Minimum"? If so, thanks for misleading me into spending 20 euros 8P

(PS: My system is tweaked for maximum performance... disabled all unneccessary services, running Cacheman for maximum memory etc.)

Your system is way under powered. Don't know where you got that out dated recommeded list from, but this is the current System Specs:

Required System Specifications (PC)

* Windows 98/2000/XP/2003

* 1.2 GHz CPU (2 GHz Recommended)

* 512 MB of RAM (1GB Recommended)

* 128 MB 3d Video Card (OpenGL v1.2+ compliant)

* DirectSound-compatibile Audio Card

* 32X CD-ROM drive (for installing from a CD only)

* 56K Modem or High-Speed Internet Access

* 1 GB (1000 MB) Free Hard Drive Space

* DirectX 9.0 or higher

Your system is way under powered. Don't know where you got that out dated recommeded list from, but this is the current System Specs:

Required System Specifications (PC)

* Windows 98/2000/XP/2003

* 1.2 GHz CPU (2 GHz Recommended)

* 512 MB of RAM (1GB Recommended)

* 128 MB 3d Video Card (OpenGL v1.2+ compliant)

* DirectSound-compatibile Audio Card

* 32X CD-ROM drive (for installing from a CD only)

* 56K Modem or High-Speed Internet Access

* 1 GB (1000 MB) Free Hard Drive Space

* DirectX 9.0 or higher

On the main page, go to Help&Account Info -> Game Manual & Docs, then go to Installation and Setup. Check the HTML file:

Installation Requirements

Before installing World War II Online, make sure that your system is compliant with our current required system recommendations. We do not support systems that fail to meet these requirements.

It is important to remember that many of the features of this game require a joystick with rudder and throttle abilities to realize the full potential of the various vehicles and aircraft in the game.

Recommended System Specifications

• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003
  • Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003
  • 800 MHz CPU
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 128MB 3d Video Card (OpenGL v1.2+ compliant)
  • DirectSound-compatible Audio Card
  • 32X CD-ROM
  • 56K Modem or Higher-Speed Internet Access
  • 1 GB (1000 MB) Free Hard Drive Space
  • DirectX 9.0 or higher

Most of the homepage is outdated. Several of the support links have not been updated to the new forums ect...

Hrm. Bummer.. . The game looks really cool.

Well, thanks Gnasche, I'd probably try customer support, and see if I can get my money back. If I'd had known about those system requirements I wouldn't have signed up. Maybe I'll have more success when I buy a new 'puter next year.

Anyway, so long and have fun, and maybe I'll see you lot next year smile.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0