Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dudleyb

Joystick settings - brakes on?

16 posts in this topic

Returning player can't even get his darn joystick set for trucks/haulers correctly.

In my current setting, brakes seem to be applied unless I push joystick forward continuously.

Can someone point me to a link for what the keymapper looks like with joystick controls?

Not sure why we'd need half axis...

Without half axis pushing forward, or pulling back on the stick would both activate the brakes.

When I used to play, I programmed my "ministick" (throttle device, where the thumb is) as 4 different buttons (for flying, Panzer, and boats).

I don't honestly remember how I did it.

I've tried programming it (through Saitek's profile editor) so that x and y axis are each a letter.

But it seems to either be too sensitive. I'll put the ministick up, and it will give me the command, but when I release it the opposite direction will push out a command, even though I just released it.

Also, the pinkie switch on the right joystick used to function as a button. I understand some use it as a shift, but I'm trying to set this x52 up as I used to have it (for a number of years, and even after 3 1/2 years, it's still pre-programmed in my brain).

You need to remove the 3 modes with the pinkie as activator in the Saitek software.

So use the Grid-view, remove the 3 modes to the right and voila, Pinkie now working as regular button again! :)

(I got quite frustrated until I discovered the "simple" solution)

It seems the ministick needs to be set up for half axis itself.

For instance, I set gear shift up and gear shift down for Y axis on the ministick. So pushing the stick up gives the ] command and down gives the [ command.

But when I click up (and naturally let go) it gives ] and [

In other words, letting go of the spring centered ministick control is giving the opposite command.

How do I program that in the Saitek programmer?

Been a long time since I used that saitek software, but I think the idea is to set up bands sort of like this

<--->| 0 |<---->

Where the left end generates a [ and the right end generates a ]. You may have to do a neutral area around the middle.

Erik

Two more questions...

Trying to set my right joystick trigger to two stage, so that half pull fires weapon 1, and full trigger pull fires both weapon 1 and 2.

Also, how do you set controller so that input is very slight for the first 10% of throw, but heavier when you have more throw? Trying to set this so ATG aiming isn't so clunky, and you can do small changes easier? I'm pretty sure you have to set that in-game.

What stick combo are you using?

I'm trying to find someone with an X52.

X51 pro

throttle for:

gas (z axis)

stick for:

steering (x axis),

clutch (-x and + x)

center break (-y axis)

+ rudder pedals toe breaks for left/right breaks.

Erik

Edited by evanr

Two more questions...

Trying to set my right joystick trigger to two stage, so that half pull fires weapon 1, and full trigger pull fires both weapon 1 and 2.

Also, how do you set controller so that input is very slight for the first 10% of throw, but heavier when you have more throw? Trying to set this so ATG aiming isn't so clunky, and you can do small changes easier? I'm pretty sure you have to set that in-game.

set your rotary trims as secondary turret axis

they work very well, easy to make tiny movements

works better than stick scaling in game which tends to have limited results

This is what i use for turrets

combo of mouse, trim dials, and hat switch on throttle for quick movements

x

slider2

y

rx

Edited by merlin51

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0