Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saryehudah

My Opinions on WWII Online, Mucho Triste =(

39 posts in this topic

Wow... F2p hasn't gotten better it's gotten worse. I guess I'll check back in a year to see if anything has changed. I would be playing if there was at least alot more infantry access to free to play, but even with that if I can't cap an area, what is the point? It isn't F2P it is a demo and a poor one at that. =(

I am not a coder or a business man. But in my opinion I think CRS needs to seriously consider making a brand new game, and a game that is considerably more user friendly. Not that technical gameplay is not good, but long learning curves turn people off. CRS, I don't know how your revenue is. I hope you guys are doing well, but I doubt you are. WWII online is very very old and, while it is good (provided you can pay for a subscription) I seriously doubt WWII Online will last indefinitely without bringing your sub price down to a ridiculously small amount (which you guys probably can't afford to be perfectly fair) or seriously upgrading your game. I love the concept. I love the fact that it is the western front in 1940. That is something almost unheard of in WWII games and ENTIRELY unheard of in FPS'. I'm a poor fellow though thankfully not impoverished. Maybe someday I can subscribe but the earliest will be well into 2015.

well... i said this to CRS to let f2p at least to CAP... i hope they will listen now... at least capping and helping other paying players to keep game going, is something this game needs... because when there is not much subscribing players online, then the game cant go on, and even more less subbing players will be ahead if f2p players starts to move off from this game because cant even cap a cp... :/

but not need to make new game, thats my opinion!

S! Tomppeli2k, CRS must to do something for f2p :)

My apologies if this sounds harsh.

If you can't afford to pay $9.99 a month then you probably shouldn't be spending time playing video games:confused:

My apologies if this sounds harsh.

If you can't afford to pay $9.99 a month then you probably shouldn't be spending time playing video games:confused:

Probably a former subscribed player wanting something for nuttin.:rolleyes:

That is what F2P is all about (player wise). And games like WOT are making millions on that idea.

That is what F2P is all about (player wise). And games like WOT are making millions on that idea.

If you're a former subscribed player of this game, and dropped your sub to be a FTP, that's your decision to make. But attempting to justify it by misleading statements, just verifies my earlier statement.

FTP is intended to introduce NEW players to the game! And hopefully, they will subscribe and provide revenue to RATS.

WOT is a completely different game and business model. Large company, lots of coders, and other necessary employees!

My apologies if this sounds harsh. If you can't afford to pay $9.99 a month then you probably shouldn't be spending time playing video games:confused:

Finally, fbcoach said it right!!

If you're a former subscribed player of this game, and dropped your sub to be a FTP, that's your decision to make. But attempting to justify it by misleading statements, just verifies my earlier statement.

(...)

I did not "drop to become a F2P". I dropped for personal reasons and use a F2P account now and then to keep some contact with this game.

And my statement was not intended to be misleading - I know there are differences between BGE and WOT. But seeing F2P as a bunch of freeloaders is really nearsighted and not good for this game.

Where in this statement is the notion that ALL FTP players are freeloaders?? And where is any statement that says all ftp players are freeloaders??

YOU are the one taking words out of context, applying meaning to them. Not I.

NOWHERE have I implied, said, or mentioned that ftp players are freeloaders!!

NOWHERE have I implied, said, or mentioned that ftp players are freeloaders!!

Probably a former subscribed player wanting something for nuttin.

FTP is intended to introduce NEW players to the game!

If nothing else, former subscribers some times (I've seen it happen) re-engage with the game. The "If you don't pay you should have nothing and should not be here" mentality is wrong and bad for the game. My opinion of course.

The "If you don't pay you should have nothing and should not be here" mentality is wrong and bad for the game.

Once again, that is YOUR interpretation of my posts!! :rolleyes:

Swiiiisssh, Swisssh.............whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........sploooosh!

LOLOLOL.....well, it's time to take off these hip waders. :D:D

I can see both sides. But I have re-subbed after taking oh about 3 years off because I was getting burnt out but it's fairly obvious that numbers are way lower than when I was previousy subbed.

When you hit critical mass and there are only a handful of premium account holders left in the game something needs to be done to energize the game and that comes down to increased number. Then again there needs to be those premium account holders to pay the light bills.

Just don't know but this map is showing that the game is bleeding players as far as I can tell and it's makes me worry about the future because I do enjoy the game.

Recently, I came back to WWIIOL as a FTP player, just so happens that day was August 4th, and the Rats had just introduced the Lower tier subscription option. $5 spare dollars in my bank later, and I had access to a few more toys.

Some of you know who I am, others don't. I started playing years ago, dedicated 2 years into AHC, before having to leave the game due to the Military.

I came back in 2013, for a short time, before life and Work again whisked me away.

This time, I'm back for what I hope is for good.

And I'm already seeing the problem with WWIIOL.

You can say that F2P isn't viewed as freeloaders, all you want. Honest answer is, you're lying. I've seen enough instances from every side since I've been back, people ragging on free players, new players, and everything in between.

You think some New-Bro wants to join this game when his first impression is that you'd rather he go play COD or the like? No way. The attitude players of this game show the new players is insane, you want the game to last, but, you won't show them some common grace? Had it not been for the fact that I let a few people know that Faust117 was Actually Vendetta, I'd not have come back to this hostility.

Totally uncalled for, all sides. Rats are doing the very best they can with what they have, I am sure. Now's the time to help them, if you want this game we all love to survive.

-V

Recently, I came back to WWIIOL as a FTP player, just so happens that day was August 4th, and the Rats had just introduced the Lower tier subscription option. $5 spare dollars in my bank later, and I had access to a few more toys.

Some of you know who I am, others don't. I started playing years ago, dedicated 2 years into AHC, before having to leave the game due to the Military.

I came back in 2013, for a short time, before life and Work again whisked me away.

This time, I'm back for what I hope is for good.

And I'm already seeing the problem with WWIIOL.

You can say that F2P isn't viewed as freeloaders, all you want. Honest answer is, you're lying. I've seen enough instances from every side since I've been back, people ragging on free players, new players, and everything in between.

You think some New-Bro wants to join this game when his first impression is that you'd rather he go play COD or the like? No way. The attitude players of this game show the new players is insane, you want the game to last, but, you won't show them some common grace? Had it not been for the fact that I let a few people know that Faust117 was Actually Vendetta, I'd not have come back to this hostility.

Totally uncalled for, all sides. Rats are doing the very best they can with what they have, I am sure. Now's the time to help them, if you want this game we all love to survive.

-V

Thank you!

(...)Totally uncalled for' date=' all sides. (...)[/quote']

All I can say is .... he started it :D

WOT makes its money by being pay2win beyond sanity, i really hope thats not the direction you want WWIIOL to go

WOT makes its money by being pay2win beyond sanity' date=' i really hope thats not the direction you want WWIIOL to go[/quote']

So is the current F2P model on WWIIOL. You get weapons that give you no chance on given conditions. You want to win on BGE ? Pay.

And WOT F2P still gives alot more than BGE F2P.

The only problem with WOT is that the game itself is silly and only good for a short amount of time (at least for me).

So is the current F2P model on WWIIOL. You get weapons that give you no chance on given conditions. You want to win on BGE ? Pay.

Not really. I've been playing this game for a long time (on and off), but I never had the impression that any one weapon was superior in every single way to another.

You'll see paying customers flying 109 E-4s during tier 3, simply because they can outturn unsuspecting Spit IX drivers in it who let themselves get suckered into a turnfight.

And when we're talking infantry: Each weapon has its strength and weaknesses. It all depends on what you're using the weapon for. Close-quarters: the SMGs win, hands down.. but when I'm out in the open ... not so much. The MP40 is horrible at any distance over 50 - 100m. Accuracy is low, power is low, etc. Just try it offline on the firing range and you'll see how useless it is above a certain range.

I'd go as far as saying that, if used correctly, the old bolt-action rifles are one of the most important weapons in the inf's arsenal. They have power, accuracy and range. Plus: It's the most numerous weapon in an inf-brigade - so it's a perfect choice for F2P accounts.

And here's some proof:

gfhRACCInHA

(not my video - found it in a thread over in the restricted area of the boards).

I don't think that WoT's/Warthunder's business model comes even close to BGE's. There are no upgrades you can purchase, no "golden ammo", etc. IMO when it comes to actual gameplay, F2P-accounts are almost on equal footing with "full" accounts - they're just limited in their choice of equipment.

Ignoring their inability to cap (which I'm not too sure about), the stuff they *can* spawn has the exact same properties it has when a full account spawns it.

And besides all that: The point of offering F2P (from a developer's POV) should be to have F2P-guys wanting more - so that they'll turn into subscribers. If you make F2P-accounts too "powerful" people will just stick with F2P and never pay a single $/ €.

But developing a game costs money, servers cost money, DOC's Ferrari-collection costs money (;) ), etc. CRS may be a small company, but like every other business they're doing what they're doing to turn a profit. Not to supply people with free entertainment.

And, making this post even longer, how about this?

Core game access means these items will always remain with this account. They will not be interchanged like the promotion access.

Earn rank level "Sergeant" in all branches.

Submachine Gun (including Airborne).

Infantry Binoculars.

Capture Strategic Points (CP's).

Player Placed Foxholes.

Paratrooper Transport Plane.

For $5.

Dunno about prices in the US, but over here, the equivalent of $5 won't even buy you a pack of cigarettes these days.

S.

Edited by sascha

I love the rifle. When I have a sub up, its usually my weapon of choice. But for a new player, only using a rifle is hard (I'm not even going to talk about tanks or ATGs). And if that player wants better equipment, he has to pay for it.

Now, I'm not saying CRS should give SMGs or whatever to F2P, but right now BGE is IMO Pay2Win.

An advantage of BGE over WOT is that once you pay a full sub, there is nothing else to pay.

An advantage of WOT is that you get less restrictions as a F2P (allowing for them to have a high number of players).

I do agree that CRS is not here to give anyone free entertainment and that the idea of every game out there that has a F2P business model, is to make money. For that to happen you need F2P players to engage with the game in such a way they want more. IMO that fine balance is not there.

Here is an old idea: Give rifles for free. Let F2P use other equipment, with a very high SD (1min to spawn an SMG, 2min to spawn an ATS or whatever). That will give F2P a taste of better equipment. Put publicity on the SD/Did you know screen to make more money.

And WOT F2P still gives alot more than BGE F2P.

The only problem with WOT is that the game itself is silly and only good for a short amount of time (at least for me).

No, it's really not.

You can kill any vehicle in WW2OL with f2p items, Period. In WoT, it's no real competition, furthermore, its NOTHING like a P2W model because, even if I sub, I still need to unlock the items in question, in WoT i can flat out buy the best items in the game. That's the big flaw here in your analogy, subbing does not give you better equipment, it only gives you the ability to unlock better equipment. I can sub up as a recruit and i'd still have to work my rank up for the better stuff, so the idea that someone with hundreds of dollars to blow can show up and roll around in a tiger on day 1 is entirely flawed.

I've been subbed for years and I still use my rifle more then anything else.

edit: they did just add a option that promotes you to Corporal, but I suppose my statement is still mostly valid.

Edited by Dodger

(...)

edit: they did just add a option that promotes you to Corporal, but I suppose my statement is still mostly valid.

lol . Yes, your statement is still valid ;) . I disagree with you, but hey its your opinion. Now, let me just tell you that I'm not an expert on WOT, but I _think_ that even when you pour money there, you still need to rank to get higher level tanks.

WOT : "buy this equipment and you have an edge on your opponent (you can still lose)" (they also do not like to be pay2win).

BGE : "Buy a sub and you'll get access to more equipment (but you can still win if you only play F2P)".

Hey, maybe none of these games is Pay2Win :D

As to being able to kill everything ... How can I kill a tiger with F2P equipment ?

Ok, but lets assume WOT is an evil pay2win game and BGE isn't (and no one wants it to be). Lets also assume that F2P is just fine to show the game to new players and subs starting at 5USD are something everyone can afford. Where is the problem then ? Why don't we have more players ?

I posted what I think - This F2P model is not being able to engage players enough to become subs. Anyone has a better idea or are we fine as we are ?

lol . Yes, your statement is still valid ;) . I disagree with you, but hey its your opinion. Now, let me just tell you that I'm not an expert on WOT, but I _think_ that even when you pour money there, you still need to rank to get higher level tanks.

WOT : "buy this equipment and you have an edge on your opponent (you can still lose)" (they also do not like to be pay2win).

BGE : "Buy a sub and you'll get access to more equipment (but you can still win if you only play F2P)".

Hey, maybe none of these games is Pay2Win :D

As to being able to kill everything ... How can I kill a tiger with F2P equipment ?

Ok, but lets assume WOT is an evil pay2win game and BGE isn't (and no one wants it to be). Lets also assume that F2P is just fine to show the game to new players and subs starting at 5USD are something everyone can afford. Where is the problem then ? Why don't we have more players ?

I posted what I think - This F2P model is not being able to engage players enough to become subs. Anyone has a better idea or are we fine as we are ?

You can buy higher-level tanks in WoT and subvert the ranking system alltogether, your locked in those tanks and can't rank out of them but yeah.

How can I kill a tiger with F2P equipment ?
I don't have a exact table of what F2P can and can not use, but I do believe at least some later-tire F2P items can kill a tiger, It's not easy, but nothing really is.
Where is the problem then ? Why don't we have more players ?
The problem is lack of proper advertising, and a negative feedback-loop by people unsubbing, which causes less revenue, thus less development, thus more unsubbing.

This should be at least somewhat resolved by when we land on Steam, i believe some estimates have it at 2-3x the exposure to new players.

I wouldn't mind F2P being able to cap, but otherwise i'm fine the way things are.

err about WoT premium tanks are only good for money making, they're the crappiest in their tier, you can pay to convert exp you get from prem tanks

to help u go highier in tier but u can just do it the normal way and get any tank other than premiums.

the old f2p model where we had SMGs and rifles and some tanks was great

but limiting to rifles and no capping is what really made me sub

Dodger: Xoom has said in the past that Conversion rates (to subs) are very very low and anyone who spent any time doing host squad knows this too well (reason why host squads failed). We get players testing the game, what CRS don't get is money from them. So getting into steam might not help per se.

Why don't players buy subs or why do they ?

(...)

the old f2p model where we had SMGs and rifles and some tanks was great

but limiting to rifles and no capping is what really made me sub

This is why I think SD on toys might work: Get people engaged with the game by allowing them to try more toys, but limit the availability of those. The forum should also be a tool, but is not.

I'm not saying I got all the answers. But I'm playing as F2P (well, now and then) and the feeling I get from this side of the fence is low engagement.

I just saw the new subscription plans. I was delighted at first but now I just want to scoff. Seeing now that f2p is a complete joke, and the 5 dollar per month plan offers very little, and includes stuff that used to be f2p. I'm sorry but WWII Online is going to die. Cornered Rat needs to develop an entirely new game because this one is not sustainable. I don't like SOE or any other MMO company but SOE put out Everquest 2 and now their new massive Everquest Next. I won't play either but they understand the necessity to produce a new product. I don't want to say that Cornered Rat should sell itself to a large publisher, since, even if that company sponsors WWII Online, it is going to demand massive changes including ones which will fleece the customer. Cornered rat should consider developing a new game which is downsized, as much as a hate to say it, a game based on large maps and not the entirety of Western Europe, where users can host their own servers. WWII Online has been on greenlight since 2012 and it STILL is not on steam. Expecting people to fork over 5 or 13 dollars a month for such an old product, with a dying player base, when all sorts of new games which have much heavier server costs have totally free to play models which, although extremely exploitatively because of the unreasonable grind, are still possible to enjoy all of the game's content for free. Planetside 2 comes to mind.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0