• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
obewon

New Computer Build

16 posts in this topic

Getting ready for a new computer build as follows , what do you think ?

First one in 3 years .

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Processor

G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory

ASUS DirectCU II GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 1300W PFC Power Supply

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler

Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA Gaming Super Tower

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro :D

I think you need to come to the OT :) Don't be scared friend... come on. Plenty of computer advice there. And food! Good food!

I think you need to come to the OT :) Don't be scared friend... come on. Plenty of computer advice there. And food! Good food!

Bring cake, lots of cake...

Oh, and at first glance.....you probably don't need such a big power supply

unless your thinking of adding a lot more stuff later

also unless your thinking serious over-clocking you shouldn't need the water-cooling but if you are going down that path, then 2 sticks of 4gb should be better and faster if your just gaming and browsing the web

oh, and that's one massive case..considering what you appear to be putting in it

also, have you thought of getting a smaller ssd and perhaps a larger hybrid second drive

Edited by TheMouse

Bring cake, lots of cake...

Oh, and at first glance.....you probably don't need such a big power supply

unless your thinking of adding a lot more stuff later

also unless your thinking serious over-clocking you shouldn't need the water-cooling but if you are going down that path, then 2 sticks of 4gb should be better and faster if your just gaming and browsing the web

oh, and that's one massive case..considering what you appear to be putting in it

also, have you thought of getting a smaller ssd and perhaps a larger hybrid second drive

I hate to be a dummy, but what is OT that you refer to ?

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

I realize that some of this is over done in some respect, but all but the liquid cooling was a combo deal that saved about $450.00.

off individual prices.

Second ,I like the larger case(for better air flow) and liquid cooling, because I lost

2 cpu's in the past due to heat,and one of them took the motherboard with it. It may be overdone But!

I also already have a smaller SSD for my primary drive and will use the larger for a secondary drive.

Also, only $9.99 for shipping on all of this .

:rolleyes:

I think the 1300w power supply is overkill

I know, but it was part of the combo for the price, and the lower power ones were $10.00 more, figure that.

off topic > the game that comes with the forums :rolleyes:

OK , THAT'S A DUUUUH ON MY PART !!!:rolleyes:

YES, I'VE PLAYED SINCE AUG 2001.

Edited by obewon

Imo it's extreme overkill on the power supply. A friend of mine has an r9 290x crossfire setup and overclocked with the rest of the specs similar enough to your own and his power supply is 800w 80+gold. 1300w has the potential to give you a brown trouser moment when you see the electricity bill.

Also if you could get faster memory it'd make life easier. 1866mhz isn't much to be sneezed at these days.

Getting ready for a new computer build as follows , what do you think ?

First one in 4 years .

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Processor

G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory

ASUS DirectCU II GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 1300W PFC Power Supply

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler

Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA Gaming Super Tower

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro :D

Best build I have ever made, FPS running 90-150 most of the time in game, 60 FPS min in extremely heavy play.

Power supply a bit high, but will be needed if I go SLI, because this video card can use up to 375 Watts for 1 card.

So far I'm very happy with it and would recommend this build to anyone !:D:D

That looks awesome ... will transform your game experience.

As for overkill??? I don't think so. Like you say, just add another card or two and all of a sudden it isn't. Rather than buy the least that is required, better I think to identify the least, then triple that. This way you aren't left wanting just three months later.

You should have a system there that will keep you happy for several years. Ignore the critics. They are just jealous.

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0