Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thorpug

Any TeamSpeex experts out there?

18 posts in this topic

I upgraded to Tiger (thanks to he who shall remain unamed) and now want to try TeamSpeex as my squaddies are all on TeamSpeak. How do I get on as no one seems to know anything about the mac equivalent in my squad. It doesnt seem to have the same controls. Any ideas?? :confused:

TeamSpeex users need to get an 'administrator' (someone with an 'SA' after their name) to register them. 'USMC83'(?) has been helping a lot of mac folks with this.

I just downloaded Teamspeex and I also want to get online with it.

Where do I go? What do I do?

Also what's a good headset/mic for my G5 Dual 2.0?

The AHC server is at endround.com (I don't know Axis communications, but there is an equivalent server). For the Allied side you will want to take a look at:

http://www.alliedhq.wwiionline.com/tc/ts.htm

It is true that TeamSpeex has a slightly different menu structure than the PC TeamSpeak client, but it is equivalent (in fact, it's simpler). You create a connection by clicking "Connect" and filling in the dialog box with the basic info (server name, your name, password), as described in the URL (but no "adding a server" extra steps that PC people need to do). As Dog3 said, you need to go through the registration process in order to be able to access any of the specific channels, but you can test your connection and get help in the Lobby right away. For registering, the main thing you need to know is that instead of the "Self" menu item there is a "Server" menu item that allows the same thing.

I have been using a Logitech USB headset/mic with my G5 with no problems. I think I got it at Best Buy.

Ive been able to do everything i needed using teamspeex. Works fine with the TS severs i use.

The only thing we're missing is TS overlay, which pops up a window to tell you whos talking at that time. Shame really as that is a cool feature, we dont have it, you need to learn to recognise the voices of your teamates.

I use a logitech headset, works fine.

Plantronics GameCom Pro1 headset/mic combo. Works great - very clear sound receiving and sending. Very good doppler. Be sure that all players on TS use TS only when needed - chat back and forth can be distracting when you are trying to find an ei or track a veh audio and you hear a lot of chatter.

I just downloaded Teamspeex and I also want to get online with it.

Where do I go? What do I do?

Also what's a good headset/mic for my G5 Dual 2.0?

Heck jnmoulin, aren't you still banned for 31 million seconds or so?

Why the rush to get TS up and working?

I can hear on teamspeex but none can hear me talk i g ot the mic hooked up and the talk icon lights up when i hit speak but none can hear???

any sug.?

Are you sure that your microphone is set in the Sound screen of the System Preferences as the input source? Do you see sound input there? TS should automatically use whatever the OS is using as an input source. If it isn't, I have no idea what might be the problem.

Good luck!

Dont forget to assign a "push to talk" button. Do not use voice activation as it causes echoes and other crazy stuff in others ears (called an "open mike" I think)

A good button to assign to the push to talk key is the * key on the numpad (its the multiply key), as it is not really used for anything else, and is easy to reach up and hit whevever you need to talk.

I have been using Teamspeex for months now and its great.

The only problem i have is not being able to isolate game sounds from teamspeex sounds - so any time I am riding in a tank, truck, or plane (next to a motor in other words) I cant hear my squaddies talk.

Its not that big a deal tho.

Good luck all.

p.s. glad tiger worked out for you thorpug (wink) :)

TeamSpeex...

I have a Mac G5 System which replaced the clunky PC. With TeamSpeex you don't get that obnoxious, female-sounding, robotic voice telling you someone has logged in or out EVERY TIME they do. I found I had to download two files: (1) 1.0beta-r406 and

(2) 1.0beta2. I couldn't connect until getting the second file, then things went smoothly from there. Mac forums relating to Battleground Europe should have them. Once both are downloaded then you can utilize both Playgate and TeamSpeex. Hope that at least gets you started.

With TeamSpeex you don't get that obnoxious' date=' female-sounding, robotic voice telling you someone has logged in or out EVERY TIME they do. [/b']

FYI: For PC users this is a preference which can be turned-off.

Before Teamspeex came out, I would use my wifes old PC and string my headphones across my office so i could use Teamspeak.

If someone manages to make "speex" quicktime decoder/encoder codec, anyone can code their own speex client.

True Ahwulf?

piattoni' date=' why are you posting swastika's in the forum?[/quote']

Appears someone hacked the website I used for the M1 Garand poster - it freaked me out when I saw it. No more outside linking for me.

I can hear on teamspeex but none can hear me talk i g ot the mic hooked up and the talk icon lights up when i hit speak but none can hear???

any sug.?

Goto your sound set up in the control panel and select your headset both in input and output....

IF that does not work goto Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Setup and select your headphones from there...

BUT:

FIRST make sure you pluged your headphones in BEFORE you started TS.

SECOND restart your machine after you have them in....

These are all things that have fixed any headphone, microphone issues for me...

BTW after fooling with your Control panels and or utility, restart anyway.

I upgraded to Tiger (thanks to he who shall remain unamed) and now want to try TeamSpeex as my squaddies are all on TeamSpeak. How do I get on as no one seems to know anything about the mac equivalent in my squad. It doesnt seem to have the same controls. Any ideas?? :confused:

The only control you need is push to talk (PTT). I choose "option" because WWIOL doesn't use it for anything, and OS X doesn't care if you push it any other app either (as long as you don't combine it with another key).

As for the source, I use external speakers, and an iSight for the mic. People comment on how clear i come thought, the iSight does wonders....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0