Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sound trouble? Report it here

XOOM

I don't have any sound either. I don't want to have to post a bunch of specs though I'm computer illiterate. Windows 7 geforce620 that's about all I know.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• rbrady

• wolfie69

• ph0g0

I had no sound after the patch. Downloaded the Microsoft 9X patch and wala the sound is back. There is a thread here that someone put up. Still cant click on city flag and have it show what Divisions are in that town. Dont know why. Everything else works fine.

After reinstall the game and use the directx link the sound works again :) I hope that all the people that have this problem can repair it. GL

To fix the sound issue with the update of WWII,

I googled directX9 download, (this is for the full version of directX).

I went to the filehippo page, downloaded directx_Jun2010_redist,

ran it to unpack it into a folder I created on the desktop, and

then from that folder, ran the "DXSETUP.exe".

This resolved the issue. http://filehippo.com/download_directx

download directX,

create a folder on your desktop,

run directx_Jun2010_redist,

drop it in the folder you created before hand, when that's done,

open the folder and run DXSETUP.exe

Good find! That installs all dx versions so covers it all. In earlier testing the dx9c had fixed this for us then but seems many were missing earlier dx components as well. May be MS has dropped pre10 versions to non critical or non important updates.

this worked for me thanks to all who worked to save us computer retards

Sound worked until new patch. Unistalled game and folders. Downloaded and istalled entire game including directX. Still no sound. Sound works on other programs.

System: Vista Home Premium Service Pack2

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40GHz

8GB Ram

32-bit Operating System

NVIDIA GTX560

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Please Help

When you folks uninstall the game' date=' are you opening your documents/battleground Europe folder and deleteing the leftover files there?[/quote']

how to do this?

Finally got it to work. I used this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The numbers at the end were diff than the ones ohm posted which didn't work for me. his link took 1 sec then said complete.. this one downloaded for several mins then a min or so to install followed by a box saying program installed but might not be compatable and if I wanted to run a dif program...I hit cancel.. the install worked..i have sound in game and pther applications (music etc) so hoping it went well

did this 3 times , same results , getting setup error

" AN INTERNAL SYSTEM ERROR OCCUED. PLEASE REFER TO DXERROR.LOG OR DIRECTX.LOG IN YOURWINDOWS FOLDER TO DETERMINE THE PROBLEM. "

this did tell me crap ( if I located the correct folder )

when running the directx download from microsoft I get error in setup

" AN INTERNAL SYSTEM ERROR OCCURRED. PLEASE REFER TO DXERROR.LOG OR DIRECTX.LOG IN YOUR WINDOWS FOLDER TO DETERMINE THE PROBLEM. "

looked at these logs didn't tell me crap, not sure if i am locating the correct logs

Good find! That installs all dx versions so covers it all. In earlier testing the dx9c had fixed this for us then but seems many were missing earlier dx components as well. May be MS has dropped pre10 versions to non critical or non important updates.

This is the fix guys after spending 3 days trying to get sound i used this link downloaded Direct X then did the full install of game but i unchecked the download direct X portion of the install soon as i loged in i had sound in game. Thank you for posting this and taking the time to pass it on in the forums.

Finally got it to work. I used this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The numbers at the end were diff than the ones ohm posted which didn't work for me. his link took 1 sec then said complete.. this one downloaded for several mins then a min or so to install followed by a box saying program installed but might not be compatable and if I wanted to run a dif program...I hit cancel.. the install worked..i have sound in game and pther applications (music etc) so hoping it went well

Thank you Ibshot it worked for me as well now have ingame sound. Thank you for taking the time to find the cure for the sound issue and posting it here int he forums S!

I downloaded the recommended file when I lost sound. No joy. It crashed my PC on installing! (and I did shut down background programs etc. incl. anti virus'). I deleted original game files and downloaded game again. Same response.

Anyway, I went to CNET.com (old and very reliable site) and downloaded the original file under search for 'directx/directx9' and selected the file 'Microsoft Directx redistributable (June 2010).

I now have sound.

All I need to sort out now is my tracker ffs.

Dandare9.

Zero sound in WW2OL.

Sound fine for videos, skype and Mech Warrior.

I tried every option for sound driver.

I use headset. Does game no longer support a headset or is there some special info you need to tell the game????

Rbrady u must turn off ur virus scanners to dl the file. I got same message. Stop scanners then dl file

hi, i did this and now I can not turn webroot anti virus and Windows defender ( windows 8.1 ) back on

Zero sound in WW2OL.

Sound fine for videos, skype and Mech Warrior.

I tried every option for sound driver.

I use headset. Does game no longer support a headset or is there some special info you need to tell the game????

The game understands nothing about your hardware. We use DirectSound to send sounds to your system. Some configurations (hardware) have developed issues with DirectX since we did our last build. Best advice is to try and grab a version of DriewctX that is more compatible with your system. Lots of people report 9c does the trick.

this is rediculess. every time you have us reinstall the game i loose sound or it isn't right. i followed the directions several times yet i have no sound where i did before WTH ? are you wanting me out of the game????

Rbrady. Google - issues with directx. There are videos etc to help understand. Nothing should of prevented the restarting of your virus scanners. Reboot ur PC and they should restart.

this is rediculess. every time you have us reinstall the game i loose sound or it isn't right. i followed the directions several times yet i have no sound where i did before WTH ? are you wanting me out of the game????

I think this helped everyone so far. Should fix your issue as well

IBSHOT POSTED THIS LINK FOR DIRECT X .

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

DOWN LOAD DIRECT X THROUGH THIS LINK. DO COMPLETE UNINSTALL OF WWII ONLINE.

DOWNLOAD FULL INSTALL THEN UNCHECK THE DIRECT X DOWNLOAD PORTION OF THE FULL INSTALL. THIS SHOULD FIX THE SOUND PROBLEM.

I SPENT 3 DAYS TRYING DIFFERENT DIRECT X DOWN LOADS AND MESSING WITH SOUND SETTINGS NONE OF THEM WORKED.

I DOWNLOADED DIRECT X FROM THIS LINK AND SOON AS I LOGGED IN I HAD IN GAME SOUNDS I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO MESS WITH THE SOUND SETTINGS.

S! TO IBSHOT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO FIND THIS AND POST IT TO THE FORUM.

bb

Now what!!!??? Has anyone had success with this "fix"??????

I did the emailed direct X and removal of Battleground Europe from my computer. Now the WW2 OL site will not respond to my clicking to do full PC install. Totally dead in the water.

No clue what I now have on my computer. I have did the original download with the direct x crap included a couple times. May be many versions of direct X now for all I know. I have deleted all WW2 OL related files, including CMFL, files from my machine.

Have played and enjoyed for over a decade with two accounts (geezer and geztk) active.

Sound fine on other activities and games. At least until this last attempt....

• Registered Users
Now what!!!??? Has anyone had success with this "fix"??????

I did the emailed direct X and removal of Battleground Europe from my computer. Now the WW2 OL site will not respond to my clicking to do full PC install. Totally dead in the water.

No clue what I now have on my computer. I have did the original download with the direct x crap included a couple times. May be many versions of direct X now for all I know. I have deleted all WW2 OL related files, including CMFL, files from my machine.

Have played and enjoyed for over a decade with two accounts (geezer and geztk) active.

Sound fine on other activities and games. At least until this last attempt....

The DX installer included in the wwiiol installer simply looks at the installed DX already on your machine and then installs what's missing. For some folks it seems it didn't detect properly.

No idea why (I'm not a tech) but from years of installing programs I can guess it's likely a bad download of the installer or a program running on your machine that's interfering with the DX detection/install.

In regards to the sound mixer… Battleground Europe Launch.. shows up in the mixer, (in Applications section) right after I log in. Then as the game launches, it disappears from the Mixer. Is this significant??