Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klaus

No Audio after patch

34 posts in this topic

Not getting any audio at all when i log in.

Been running through it with Help Chnl in game. Uninstalled and reinstalled. With Directx....Rebooted. Set to Primary Sound Driver.

But WWIIOL doesn't show up in Audio Tab Mixer on desktop. Did it ever?

Help please

I've got the same problem. Uninstalled three separate times. Made sure to load the XDrive attach......no luck. When I initially login the game shows up in my Audio tool bar but right when the game switches to load the game online it disappears.....no sound. Any ideas?

No sound either. Ohm suggested I uninstall the game and do a full re-install which I did...NO sound. I have adjusted my sound in game and still nothing????

Ok, maybe a guess. Uninstal/ reboot comp. Go into the battle ground Europe folder where your cfml folder is....Should be c/documents/battle ground Europe. Delete or save to different location the wwiiol.xml

Reinstall the game. The reinstall will create a new wwiiol.xml (this is your game preferences file, vid card, sound card etc settings.)

Edited by OldZeke

Windows based install:

When doing a fresh install I always do the following in addition to going through the Windows Control Panel to remove the game:

Go to the Documents>Battleground Europe folder and inside you will find the CMFL folder along with several data/text files and screen shots you may have created.

Save or backup the CFML folder to another location but keep that one there, Don't delete, it has all your keyboard preferences. Really not necessary but it may help some day.

I delete the remaining data files (wwiiol.xml, lg.dat, playGATE.0.txt, WW2.log)

The screen shots shouldn't have any effect, do what you want with them.

Updating drivers didn't work. Nothing offered for advice in this thread seems to have worked. I really don't want to quit playing the game after nearly 13 years...please tell me this isn't the endgame. I may be in the minority of those for whom this patch has ruined the game, but it's a huge disappointment to have to quit after all these years :(

jizz I got the same problem and 13 years invested as well they will come up with a fix contact support they need to see we are having a issue

I am still having difficulties. No sound. I have downloaded the patch and direct x 4 times. I have tried to download the end runtime installer from Microsoft and it will not load properly. It says internal error and says to check my DirectX.log and DXError.log, I then checked the DirectX log (It was easy to find). The log just has a lot of code which made little sense to me. One technical forum I researched said that these end runtime downloads are hit or miss. It sounds like downloading problems can be difficult to get sorted. I also updated my drivers. My computer is a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with a 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5 CPU. Please advise on potential fixes.

Same problem of no audio.

Removed game, reinstalled thrice.

Reset audio settings, restarted computer each time.

No dice.

Hopefully somebody smart reads this and helps big dumb me on this. Fun game, by the way - I miss it.:cool:

I have the same situation. Have tried all of the posted possible solutions as my system drivers had recently been updated (and no newer updates exist). I had no errors with my DirectX installation. I have no other sound issues in any other programs.

Out of curiosity has anyone with VIA HD Audio gotten it to work? Perhaps its isolated to people with a certain chipset?

I noticed that people were playing on the main server before with the new patch. Is it possible for some people to run 1.34.9 until its resolved meaning can we downgrade and suppress the auto-patching system on our end somehow?

Out of curiosity why is it installing DirectX over again is even suggested. If I have a working version of DirectX 11.1 for Windows7 it seems to me the idea of installing it again is liable to only break things than fix them. I can only assume that the built-in version of DirectX in the game is v11 - but is this true? Is it an older version? I suspect this is just a big red herring and DirectX has nothing to do with this problem as I had 11.1 with the old game version too.

I DLed directx 9.0c from the web after patch and no sound in game and i now have sound in game again !

I DLed directx 9.0c from the web after patch and no sound in game and i now have sound in game again !
Just did the same and now I have sound again.Woohoo!

So you both removed the correct latest version of DirectX to install an older version to fix the problem breaking other games? Yuck, not much of a solution I'd say.

So you both removed the correct latest version of DirectX to install an older version to fix the problem breaking other games? Yuck' date=' not much of a solution I'd say.[/quote']

This a joke that's all I can say.. why the hell do we have to mess about changing and deleting files when we pay for this game

Ps I am a day one player not 2004

Edited by uehawk1

Yes, dx9c did nothing for me either. In fact it didn't seem to really install any files (either that or its really, really fast - unlikely) - it must thing the needed files are already on my system, which is possible. I think I had dx9c as part of my original Win7 build and then later upgraded to DX11.

Yes' date=' dx9c did nothing for me either. In fact it didn't seem to really install any files (either that or its really, really fast - unlikely) - it must thing the needed files are already on my system, which is possible. I think I had dx9c as part of my original Win7 build and then later upgraded to DX11.[/quote']

Same here mate.. we got to some how delete dx11 and reinstall dx9 by the looks of it.. but why and how!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0