Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.34.10.10 - New MAC Test Client

XOOM

• CORNERED RAT

MAC Client bug reporting thread (CLICK HERE).

==========================================

World War Two Online - Battleground Europe

==========================================

PRIMARY MIRROR: New MAC Version 1.34.10.10 Full Install (HERE)

SECONDARY MIRROR: New MAC Version 1.34.10.10 Full Install (HERE)

UNINSTALL - Please uninstall your Battleground Europe game from the Programs menu in Windows Settings before installing this release.

1.34.10.10 Release Notes

Command-Tab may cause white screen

I think this is resolved but still noting that if you command tab out of the game you may encounter a white screen.

The game is still running and if you want to get the screen back without relaunching there is a workaround until we get it fixed.

The basic solution is to change your screen resolution and the screen will reappear. Two ways to do this:

1. Open your System Preferences, select Display, change resolution, change it back to original. Now click in the game window and nothing else, you should be back in the game.

2. Download and install Display Menu at http://displaymenu.milchimgemuesefach.de/features.html#retina and use it to switch resolutions.

Joystick may drift on startup

Still investigating this but a simple solution seems to be to move the joystick thru its full axis when first starting the game.

Joystick buttons may report as function keys.

I have not seen this and cannot duplicate with the several joysticks I have on hand. If you do encounter this problem please report which joystick make and model you are using on the forum web page at http://forums.wwiionline.com where you will find a thread for reporting Mac problems.

Edited by XOOM

Just tried 1.34.10.10 (mac) briefly offline and was disappointed.

-no app icon

-joystick buttons still don't work

config:

MacPro5,1

0SX 10.10.2

• CORNERED RAT
Can't download' date=' says pageok[/quote']

Noted and team made aware we're working on the servers at the colo right now, stay tuned.

This is newer than the beta I already have installed a week or two ago?

There was a recent mac beta? I missed that memo :confused:

also, if you keep getting the blank page 'page ok' at the link, try clearing your browser cache then retry. That worked for me on Chrome.

We had a bad download server in the round robin table. While this is now rectified, if you have cache entries from previous attempts in your browser, you'll need to clear then or you'll keep getting the same bad server attempt, even with it removed from the table.

• CORNERED RAT
I got this again. It worked last night

Secondary mirror added to the original post above just in case.

Just tried 1.34.10.10 (mac) briefly offline and was disappointed.

-no app icon

-joystick buttons still don't work

config:

MacPro5,1

0SX 10.10.2

Dog, I have the same configuration except . . . what joystick are you using? And does it have custom Mac drivers that might be interfering with the input manager we built into WWIIOL?

e.g. if you hit a button that in manufacturers software was meant to generate a keystroke AND you program the button in at the WWIIOL mapper, the results will NOT be what you expect. It MAY generate the keystroke AND report the button press inside the game. I had a heck of a time getting this straight with the FE developers to specify to joystick users that the stick control panel, if any, should do NO button mapping if possible, instead leaving it to the game.

Anyway, in some situations this can lead to interesting results, like attempting to start your engine and doing a start/stop instead, thus making you think you can’t get the engine to turnover with the joystick. Two presses for every key mapped OUTSIDE the game, if the OS X joystick drivers are allowed to run correctly and the game, correctly, bypasses them in favor of device button ID numbers.

Dog, I have the same configuration except . . . what joystick are you using? And does it have custom Mac drivers that might be interfering with the input manager we built into WWIIOL?

e.g. if you hit a button that in manufacturers software was meant to generate a keystroke AND you program the button in at the WWIIOL mapper, the results will NOT be what you expect. It MAY generate the keystroke AND report the button press inside the game. I had a heck of a time getting this straight with the FE developers to specify to joystick users that the stick control panel, if any, should do NO button mapping if possible, instead leaving it to the game.

Anyway, in some situations this can lead to interesting results, like attempting to start your engine and doing a start/stop instead, thus making you think you can’t get the engine to turnover with the joystick. Two presses for every key mapped OUTSIDE the game, if the OS X joystick drivers are allowed to run correctly and the game, correctly, bypasses them in favor of device button ID numbers.

JS worked fine prior to 1.34.10 so I see no reason to believe it has something to do with drivers.

First, sorry for the delay in replying I have been a little busy.

I have a JS, throttle, and rudder by CH Products. I have used 'ControllerMate' to mediate JS inputs in the past but not at present. These controllers have all worked fine with previous versions for a long time. Something about the hid input has changed in the new version. The JS buttons are mapping to the top row of function keys on my apple keyboard and the escape key is 'F0'. From prior discussions, I am of the understanding that the game has NEVER played nicely with the mac's hid api.

I am just speculating but irc the hid code has changed under Yosemite and recompiling the client may have introduced an incompatibility.

Anyway, good to hear that someone is working on it. If you need someone to run an instrumented version and have some patience then I am willing. I am sure others would be willing to help as well.

There are other, more easily fixed, problems as well:

- the app icon is missing

- the version string in the lower left corner of the splashscreen is not correct (shows 1.34.10.6)

When you release a new version, a brief list changes would be helpful for testing. I did not notice any difference between 1.34.10.9 and 1.34.10.10. It would have been helpful to know in what area changes had been made.

Thanks and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
First, sorry for the delay in replying I have been a little busy.

I have a JS, throttle, and rudder by CH Products. I have used 'ControllerMate' to mediate JS inputs in the past but not at present. These controllers have all worked fine with previous versions for a long time. Something about the hid input has changed in the new version. The JS buttons are mapping to the top row of function keys on my apple keyboard and the escape key is 'F0'. From prior discussions, I am of the understanding that the game has NEVER played nicely with the mac's hid api.

I am just speculating but irc the hid code has changed under Yosemite and recompiling the client may have introduced an incompatibility.

Anyway, good to hear that someone is working on it. If you need someone to run an instrumented version and have some patience then I am willing. I am sure others would be willing to help as well.

There are other, more easily fixed, problems as well:

- the app icon is missing

- the version string in the lower left corner of the splashscreen is not correct (shows 1.34.10.6)

When you release a new version, a brief list changes would be helpful for testing. I did not notice any difference between 1.34.10.9 and 1.34.10.10. It would have been helpful to know in what area changes had been made.

Thanks and good luck.

I think dog3 is on to something with the USB code under OS 10.10.2. My CH Products joystick/pedals worked great for years. I recently upgraded to a new iMac running 10.10.2 (Yosemite). The USB devices show up under the system report. WWIIOL still does not recognize the CH Products Joystick/pedals.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

MAC OS: 10.10.1 (14B25))

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x8c31

PCI Revision ID: 0x0005

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Bus Number: 0x0a