• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botox

How do supply lines work ?

14 posts in this topic

I hear people talking about it and about cutting off flags etc....

someone said just follow the supply lines back to the factory but what does that actually mean? Does a town have to have a brigade in it to make a supply line or can towns be empty with a line back?

Is there some reading material or something that explains all this?

I hear people talking about it and about cutting off flags etc....

someone said just follow the supply lines back to the factory but what does that actually mean? Does a town have to have a brigade in it to make a supply line or can towns be empty with a line back?

Is there some reading material or something that explains all this?

Each side has 9 factories located in :

German - Essen, Frankfurt, Koln, Duusseldorf(?)

French - Abbeyville, Amiens, Montrouil

British - Ashford, Canterbury, Whitstable

When the CRS map Viewers are up - this site http://www.okahq.com/bombermap.php links all the separate sectors together showing what town links to what town.

To be "in supply" any town occupied by whatever side has to be able to trace a link (through however many towns, in whatever way) back to any of that sides (allied or axis) factory towns. There does not have to be a flag in a town in order to trace back to the factories.

When a group of towns cannot trace a link line back, it's "cutoff" and any flag that is within that cutoff does not get new units resupplied. This is indicated in game by a white flag on/over the town(s) that are cutoff.

Each side has 9 factories located in :

German - Essen, Frankfurt, Koln, Duusseldorf(?)

French - Abbeyville, Amiens, Montrouil

British - Ashford, Canterbury, Whitstable

When the CRS map Viewers are up - this site http://www.okahq.com/bombermap.php links all the separate sectors together showing what town links to what town.

To be "in supply" any town occupied by whatever side has to be able to trace a link (through however many towns, in whatever way) back to any of that sides (allied or axis) factory towns. There does not have to be a flag in a town in order to trace back to the factories.

When a group of towns cannot trace a link line back, it's "cutoff" and any flag that is within that cutoff does not get new units resupplied. This is indicated in game by a white flag on/over the town(s) that are cutoff.

Ok, lines running back to the factory make sense. The map you posted does not blow up so its hard to see any lines. Are lines back to the factory like the in game map or this map? http://snipets.net/WebMap/

Ok' date=' lines running back to the factory make sense. The map you posted does not blow up so its hard to see any lines. Are lines back to the factory like the in game map or this map? [url']http://snipets.net/WebMap/

The one I posted normally does, but it draws information from here http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/campaign , but as this battleground Europe page is currently having issues, the supply lines aren't rendering.

When it works, it looks very similar to the one you posted, but has supply links for all towns

The Older forums had many discussions, Theory and fact's on Supply, atm I am unable to find you some original material from basics upwards, so I though in open forum we'd answer your question's best as possible. I see you have the concept of the map..now lets delve into the dark and secretive nuances of map movments (supplies)

Yep that snippet gives a good overlay.

Keep this rule fixed in your head an you won't go wrong from this campaign. Remember we can only attack a town with a Flag (brigade in it until we have 2 attack objectives)

Looking at say Grobbendonk with 2 Axis Flags in it for example you can see the roads and railways snaking back East to leopoldsburg and further east east to Dusseldorf are unbroken so no supply is being interfered with (supply lines are open)

E.G. Think of an enemy brigade for example attacking Grobbendonk from Schilde...their supply is also unbroken all the back to a english or french factory.

Thats a clean supply route without any intreruption also class as Allied supply.)

One thing to look for is how to stop that supply getting to the defenders town and making it easier to take.

If you moved from oostmalle to wuustweasel and the attackers take Oostmall. what do think would happen to axis supply. ( now remember we can only attack a town with a Flag (brigade in it until we have 2 attack objectives)

Beaking it in nice and gentle mate...once you grasp the basics you will be able to then move shall we say up the supply train and start making a mess of someone else gameplay...literally controlling the Map i.e. MOIC = Map Officer In Command

Keep firing the questions please bud, with the game changes (we'll keep to the basics atm) we all need the refreshers!!!!

Any wee scenarios you can think of, I'm pretty sure there are folk in game whom have either been involved with or have theorised them.

To keep the head steady and not being filled up with extra's...just Imagine 1 flag vs 1 flag with 100 riflemen in each flag. ( that's the total available starting Supply Pool for both sides.)

so after say 30 mins of combat as an example the resupply (train) arrives at Both Town Armybases and drops off 10 riflemen into the Supply Pool. In the meantime we lost 40 units of supply (riflemen) to deaths etc (we'll delve into that down the line a bit)

That leaves us with 60 men until the resupply arrives of 10 men = 70 men.

The other sides flag also receives 10 men however they lost 70 men leaving 30 with the resupply of 10 = 40 men.

The side with 50 men and an unbroken supply line killing faster than the other side can kill them and resupply...should win.

Basic attrition battle can be one name given to this.

You can expand/adapt/play with Try out all crazy and amazing moves with supply that is written into the core of the game which for me is broken down to they have a rifle..they can defend/attack...remove that we win :)

I have supply open =1

supply closed = 0

The map has these little men and equipment being released from their factory and head all over the map being delivered to theirs assigned spots..Resupply in action )in Coila's head onyways)

Ty

Coila out.

Edited by coila

If you moved from oostmalle to wuustweasel and the attackers take Oostmall. what do think would happen to axis supply. ( now remember we can only attack a town with a Flag (brigade in it until we have 2 attack objectives)

Axis supply to Wuustweasel would be cut....correct? If that happens what happens then to the cut brigade?

Breaking it in nice and gentle mate...once you grasp the basics you will be able to then move shall we say up the supply train and start making a mess of someone else gameplay...literally controlling the Map i.e. MOIC = Map Officer In Command

Will keep this in mind. Not even in HC just trying to grasp the concepts.

Axis supply to Wuustweasel would be cut....correct? If that happens what happens then to the cut brigade?

Sorry if these seem longwinded..but believe me when you take the time to learn this and ask questions is the further the game will go :)

Will keep this in mind. Not even in HC just trying to grasp the concepts.

It wouldn't be cut off is the direct answer

HOWEVER heheh one of many scenario's would open up:

I'll give a wee Divisional flag breakdown which should help a bit with the Wuust flag placement and my explanaition.

You always want your 2 brigades in front of your HQ as this is the strongest resupply route and will equally divide its supply with your 2 brigades. (not always..later again lol)

Scenario 1 of many!

In wuust we have 1st Iceream Coila (ICC HQ)with 50 riflemen and two infantry brigades of 100 riflemen in each.

Icc HQ and 2nd Icc, 3rd Icc Don't get too caught up on names (they all get shorterned e.g ...thats all they are a name. Whats important is the supply within them and thus dictates actions you can take.

Now what is important and is a MUST remember supply rule.

Factory Resupply will go to the Headquarters first and then be supplied to the other Attached brigades and onwards til a player spawns it uses it etc etc.

Its continious..bit like me

Now if the HQ was in wuust and its 2 bridages are in a Direct unbroken line from the factory to the HQ then the flags...your fine (not safe but fine)

This is where you have some magical players out there (i'm a supply person)

I.e. we want to attack town a from town b using no more tha x amount of supply..I'm comfortable with.

Now to answer at last :

ICC HQ is in Wuust

2.1 ICC is in Grobbendonk

2.2 ICC is in Geel

The Opposing force Attacked forcing the HQ into Wuust from Oostmalle and have not placed a brigade (to attack again) into Oostmalle.

We would have to move the HQ through towns to Breda and then all the way down Baarle and finish in Turhout to link back up with its nearest Axis force to be safe and not attacked...drained..and heaven forbid Booted to Training. (removed form the map a predetermined time XX hours)

Here we go!

The flag in wuust HQ would now have its own supply rule (we know this because its already been tested in a live Campaign and therefore its Hardcoded and will always happen! (developing Tactics)..(see still lots to try out),

Over game play we've found that the HQ ...still be linked to the factory via Breda not to its other 2 brigades directly is a weak target and you will either have to move up through Breda and south again to link up with its 2 brigades thus applying a (full throttle) supply.

or move the 2 brigades to their parent (ICC HQ)

That's a lot of moves and leave wee gaps in the map..the term being Readjusting Flags for Supply will be one you see. (you'll learn to Read the map and its little tell tale signs)

So Far we have had two major supply rules which are fundamental which you will see in game chat all the time...just said in different ways....

No flamin auto's anywhere more than 2 times from 2 diffent flags could be interpreted by High Command Officers as ( and the Vets as we say..old farts doing this more like.)

Where are the HQ's placements, whats their *Ticket's* and keeps the game moving as eother we are at condition 1 or condition 0.

remember terminology..saves a lot of re-reading** just now...and do we have supply in them/..

You have to look after your supply to win.

There we go...simple...

The Map Movers we have in game will astound you with the diversity of how the win and all whom play on the map bring character and flair however the community as a whole has to play on the map with Hardcoded rules which anyone with intrest can begin as I learn't when learning the supply game.

One Green Tag with the last available rifle on the Table can win the Map ) A motto given to me by someone whom I asked about supply!!

Cheers bud, blew out a few cobwebs there

Coila Out.

Edited by coila

Here's an old screenshot of all the towns with their links - it's kind of hard to see due to scale, but if you know/can reference what town is where it is usable.

101victory.jpg

Here's the corresponding view of the in-game map at the time - for the Antwerp area:

Slide1.jpg

It is a bit deceptive in that just prior to this, the allies had captured the last of the German Factories (this is the end day of campaign 101) - so the german towns would normally not have the white flags on them

Edited by b2k

I was going to use my end screenie 111 Bk however your example will suffice...OPEL NOW!!!

Were off to the Factories Tow!!

Nice one, as you can see overlaying one onto the game map shows the factories as black circles on the map..easier reference to them and there is the endgame...Capture the Factories...kill supply is the quickest way to achieve Victory conditions, currently any 3 opposing forces Factories will do.

The Community I feel since getting back on the forums are asking the Coila questions and LOTS of questions keeps me happy...keep asking away!!

I just got back ingame Dec 14 Bk after an unexpected absence :)...don't suppose you have your 101 moves available for study mate hehe

A straight telephone call before you make them will suffice :P

It wouldn't be cut off however one of many scenario's would open up:

I'll give a wee Divisional flag breakdown which should help a bit with the Wuust flag placement and my explanaition.

In wuust we have 1st Iceream Coila (ICC HQ)with 50 riflemen and two infantry brigades of 100 riflemen in each.

Icc HQ and 2nd Icc, 3rd Icc Don't get too caught up on names (they all get shorterned e.g ...thats all they are a name. Whats important is the supply within them and thus dictates actions you can take.

Now what is important and is a MUST remember supply rule.

Factory Resupply will go to the Headquarters first and then be supplied to the other Attached brigades and onwards til a player spawns it uses it etc etc.

Now if the HQ was in wuust and its 2 bridages are in a Direct unbroken line from the factory to the HQ then the flags...your fine (not safe but fine)

This is where you have some magical players out there (i'm a supply person)

I.e. we want to attack town a from town b using no more tha x amount of supply..I'm comfortable with.

Now to answer at last :

ICC HQ is in Wuust

2.1 ICC is in Grobbendonk

2.2 ICC is in Geel

The Opposing force Attacked forcing the HQ into Wuust from Oostmalle and have not placed a brigade (to attack again) into Oostmalle.

We would have to move the HQ through towns to link back up with its nearest Axis force to be safe and not attacked...drained..and heaven forbid Booted to Training. (removed form the map a predetermined time XX hours)

Here we go!

The flag in wuust HQ would now have its own supply rule (we know this because its already been tested in a live Campaign and therefore its Hardcoded and will always happen! (developing Tactics)..(see still lots to try out),

Over game play we've found that the HQ ...still be linked to the factory via Breda not to its other 2 brigades directly is a weak target and you will either have to move up through Breda and south again to link up with its 2 brigades thus applying a (full throttle) supply.

or move the 2 brigades to their parent (ICC HQ)

That's a lot of moves and leave wee gaps in the map..the term being Readjusting Flags for Supply will be one you see. (you'll learn to Read the map and its little tell tale signs)

So Far we have had two major supply rules which are fundamental which you will see in game chat all the time...just said in different ways....

No flamin auto's anywhere more than 2 times from 2 diffent flags could be interpreted by High Command Officers as ( and the Vets as we say..old farts doing this more like.)

Where are the HQ's placements, whats their *Ticket's* and keeps the game moving as eother we are at condition 1 or condition 0.

remember terminology..saves a lot of rereading** just now...and do we have supply in them/..

You have to look after your supply to win.

There we go...simple...

The Map Movers we have in game will astound you with the diversity of how the win however the community as a whole has to play on the map with Hardcoded rules which anyone with intrest can begin as we say a Green Tag but can still move the map.

Cheers bud, blew out a few cobwebs there

Coila Out.

Y

Wow...ok. Some questions and sorry for all of them in advance...I even printed out a map and went thru your scenario to better understand.

So supply "normally" routs like this.....FACTORY ->HQ->BRIGADES. If HQ is separated from the Brigades (more than 1 town away) it may create its OWN supply assuming it has a link to factory?

We would have to move the HQ through towns to link back up with its nearest Axis force to be safe and not attacked...drained..and heaven forbid Booted to Training.

So to re-route the HQ and link up with its brigades you mentioned we would have to go up thru Breda and back down. How often can you move a HQ or brigade for that matter? Often as in timer?

As far as supply goes...is there a set amount of equip number for each brigade. So a brigade at full supply has "x" amount of each weapon? Im assuming the amount of supply left also comes in to play when making brigade moves? Im guessing you can move a new brigade in then move another back to build up supply again.

christ....its like playing chess. LOL

Here's an old screenshot of all the towns with their links - it's kind of hard to see due to scale, but if you know/can reference what town is where it is usable.

101victory.jpg

Here's the corresponding view of the in-game map at the time - for the Antwerp area:

Slide1.jpg

It is a bit deceptive in that just prior to this, the allies had captured the last of the German Factories (this is the end day of campaign 101) - so the german towns would normally not have the white flags on them

thanks!

Simplest way to understand supply is that it runs via links from the factories. These links are towns which generaly link by road but not always as seems apparent. For 2 towns to be linked they must have shared depots, ie Antwerp has a schilde depot/schilde has a Antwerp depot. However there is no road link from Antwerp to walsoorden but Antwerp has a walsoorden depot/walsoorden has a Antwerp depot so supply/divisions/brigades can move from one to the other. So long as the chain of linked depots can trace to a factory then supply can be had.

Huy and nandrin are another example, a road runs from one to the other but no nandrin depot in huy/no huy depot in nandrin, no link. Supply can only move from one to the other through ramet as both have link depots to ramet.

damn for no live map, That snippet is a godsend!!

Yep cheers Zeke,

Look at the map closely and like chess you can have moves planned in advance like chess.

It's good to see a new player being interested in core meta game mechanisms like that. Be careful, before you know it you'll be a HC player Botox ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0