Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
gousgounis

Free accounts are useless going up tier

gousgounis

Ok i understand why free account can only use rifles but going up tiers when it comes to atgs can only use pak36. So free account is only riflew and nothing else. Shame limits the options so much you can even play.

For me you just dont want free accounts.

exlax

$4.99 can fix this

1 pack smokes $5.00

1 Long neck beer $3.50

1 starter account $4.99

This game wasn't meant to be a FREE game, the ftp account was to give a "try before you buy" option.

Edited by xxsalxx

gousgounis
$4.99 can fix this

1 pack smokes $5.00

1 Long neck beer $3.50

1 starter account $4.99

This game wasn't meant to be a FREE game, the ftp account was to give a "try before you buy" option.

Then why have free if not ment to.

exlax
Then why have free if not ment to.

To give you a taste of the game, hence "try before you buy"

Boudreau

uhhhhhh...nevermind.:rolleyes: Good reply xxsalxx! Cya in the game with my "higher tier" atg! ;)

XOOM

We're glad you're here Gousgounis. We are a subscription based game and we don't do micro-transactions, there are advantages and disadvantages to doing that - but I think you'll find a lot more advantages.

For example, your Rifle has the same equivalency for damage / fire power as a premium account. Now imagine that for every weapon, turns out there's not a whole lot of "gamey-ness" going on.

We're one of the smaller guys these days in a big market, 100% funded by our subscriber base. We hope you'll join us and find out why players have been here since June 6th 2001 and still play to this day.

$4.99 will give you a significant increase in access, and if you don't like it, you can return to free to play. The same cost of $4.99 equates to a typical micro-transaction purchase, so give it a shot and see what you think.

Thanks for playing WWII Online, Salute.

smythes

S! Don't forget a rifleman can still kill heavy ATG's and all other infantry types.

It's still potent!

vynalderp

I'd be way more lenient to pay for the game, if I could actually freaking play a darn tank, other than in tutorial. And when late game comes, I can't even kill them.

sgtfury

You will get access to the other equipment with a paid account. Free accounts are limited in equipment access.

shdowfrc

You will also find a that a good portion of the "vets" play the rifleman just about as much as anything else when it comes to the infantry classes.

The free account gives you a real good feel for the game play, and bonus! if you find you can't pay one month for some reason, your premium account drops to a free play account so you can still play at least! :)

audimrfy

FTP paratroopers riflemen have 1 satchel(AP) for armor and another for Forward Bases(FB) which is a HE satchel.?

don't be afraid to ask for paratrooper missions. PLENTY paratrooper supply

sydspain

I still thinking that f2p users should be able to cap, I saw a lot of new players quitting this game just because they feel useless.

Seriously, I don't understand this company policy of "pay or quit"

shdowfrc
I still thinking that f2p users should be able to cap, I saw a lot of new players quitting this game just because they feel useless.

Seriously, I don't understand this company policy of "pay or quit"

I am thinking it is simply because it could be abused by players, particularly in the low pop times.

Its a shame that it could be used that way so the limits have to be imposed against all players because of the few.

Then again I could totally wrong and that is not the reason at all...

gvonpaul
Seriously' date=' I don't understand this company policy of "pay or quit"[/quote']

We offer a free trial because we think that once people realize how unique and incredible this game is, they will hopefully be willing to purchase one of the several levels of subscriptions we offer. It is an open ended trial with the restrictions mentioned above in place as incentive to convert to a paid subscription. As XOOM said, we are 100% funded by player subscriptions.

If we give too much access to the free players, we remove the incentive to subscribe. A steady stream of subscription revenue is what keeps the lights on and the servers running, primarily, but above and beyond that, allows future development to progress.

Honestly, we'd love to be able to give everyone access to everything, it would make for some great battles, that's for sure. It just isn't economically viable in the short or the long run for a small indie company like we are.

Edited by GVONPAUL

eno67
I still thinking that f2p users should be able to cap' date=' I saw a lot of new players quitting this game just because they feel useless. [/quote']

F2P players can be useful capping. If they deploy outside the capture point they get first crack at enemies trying to break the cap. They could also deploy on lower levels to give the cappers a warning the enemy is coming. Personally when I played f2p I preferred being outside.

I find that I still use the rifleman a lot more than smg or mortar since I switched to the $4.99 account. Smgs are only for close up. I get far more kills with a rifle. Mortars are cool but with only 10 rounds of HE ...by the time you get the target zero'd in on you don't have much ammo left. I've come use smoke rounds as spotter rounds (its better to shoot too far with them as you might obscure the target if you are short) and once I get the range I'll switch to HE.

Basically like everything in life I look at it as here's what I have to work with how can I best use it to be most effective.

butterstic

I am a F2p player and i enjoy the game and i understand why they make it by subscription.. I think that that is ok but i would ask that they might consider making semi-auto rifles available as well because bolt actions are pretty tough to use as a new person in close quarters.. Also i think capping should be allowed as well... In the sense that I also feel useless sometimes.. SO all that to be said if you could just make F2p players able to Cap and use at least a semi-auto rifle i think you may draw more people to pay for a subscription..:)

Thank you for listening maybe we can see some changes that would enhance your player base and get more people to enjoy and advertise this game.

delta1262

The pak 36 isn't that bad if you know how to use it well, it can kill S35s and Shermans if you know what you're doing with it :) Playing as riflemen in close quarter combat is difficult, but it is the same in real life, not many had access to semi-auto or automatic weapons at that time.

iceu

NO bak in ths days WW22 wolde offre a 2 week free trilas an it was GREET, u colde rank up an meet plsyrares that wolde help u an it kinda hook u on games,i tinks CRS is trins keep wit ALL tha FREE GAMSE out on intrenats that we as A frindlie grrop been playin sanse day 1 an yeer 2 tha RELLIE NEED HELP so as 4 me S! CRS i jus mad a nothre contrubatoins 2 u effarts 2 gat him in i do all i can help gamse is all we solde be at 34% now ?? S! crs

l0k0s

I am a F2P - unfortunately the exchange currency in my "corneroftheworld" and be a aged person with low incoming prevents subscribe a game - the only thing that I think that make the things worse for F2P is the lack of binoculars, but anyway I grateful accept these limitations and in can contribute by being a target for binoculars (and better weapons) equipped people. :)

The Pak-37 is useful for hunt... Rabbits: ;)

Well, if Fritz fix that sight will be better. :D

Sign in to follow this