• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy

Forum Avatar

11 posts in this topic

How do I use a custom avatar instead of the normal ones? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

F2p users can't use a custom avatar, we can't use an image on signature neither. Well, at least we can use smiles :rolleyes:

F2p users can't use a custom avatar' date=' we can't use an image on signature neither. Well, at least we can use smiles :rolleyes:[/quote']

I am a Premium account. Still can't seem to figure it out :)

Need what's in my sig, in the avatar picture as well. Is it possible?

I am a Premium account. Still can't seem to figure it out :)

Good luck, been trying for quite awhile, even went so far as to email the forums mods. Got some help, but when I finally got it figured out the size was wrong when I went to upload. Yet I see people with much bigger sigs and avatars than what is "allowed". Emailed the forum mod back, he told me would look at it and let me know, that has been 4 days ago.

Its not a huge deal, just would love to know how some people can get their sigs and avatars uploaded that are quite obviously bigger than allowed.

Good luck, been trying for quite awhile, even went so far as to email the forums mods. Got some help, but when I finally got it figured out the size was wrong when I went to upload. Yet I see people with much bigger sigs and avatars than what is "allowed". Emailed the forum mod back, he told me would look at it and let me know, that has been 4 days ago.

Its not a huge deal, just would love to know how some people can get their sigs and avatars uploaded that are quite obviously bigger than allowed.

We do not host the signature image, we host the avatar, The signature lies underneath your post and the avatar is above the post or to the left, in the margin (Billy F Gibbons is my avatar, my signature is my title under the post).

For a signature you have to use something like photobucket (it's free!) to host the image, then copy a link into your signature space in your profile. I'll be honest with you, I'm not real harsh on sig size unless it's ridiculously huge or the user is otherwise causing problems.

Edited by GVONPAUL

I am a Premium account. Still can't seem to figure it out

There ya go, Zippy!

We do not host the signature image, we host the avatar, The signature lies underneath your post and the avatar is above the post or to the left, in the margin (Billy F Gibbons is my avatar, my signature is my title under the post).

For a signature you have to use something like photobucket (it's free!) to host the image, then copy a link into your signature space in your profile. I'll be honest with you, I'm not real harsh on sig size unless it's ridiculously huge or the user is otherwise causing problems.

Aye, I did photobucket and did what was needed, but the error I get is the size is not allowed. Same for the avatar. I sent them via email to you and you had said you would look at them after you got home from work. No problem that you forgot, if you still have them take a look at them please. :)

Aye' date=' I did photobucket and did what was needed, but the error I get is the size is not allowed. Same for the avatar. I sent them via email to you and you had said you would look at them after you got home from work. No problem that you forgot, if you still have them take a look at them please. :)[/quote']

You did, I'm sorry. I can't find them now. I was looking in my forum PMs and wondering why I didn't see them! I'm getting feeble in my old age. If you could resend them to gvonpaul@playnet.com I'll take care of it today.

You did' date=' I'm sorry. I can't find them now. I was looking in my forum PMs and wondering why I didn't see them! I'm getting feeble in my old age. If you could resend them to [email']gvonpaul@playnet.com I'll take care of it today.

Emailed you. Thanks :)

Emailed you. Thanks :)

OK your avatar is good, but the issue is with the sig is that you are using the 'upload signature' function as opposed to hosting it remotely. Upload to photobucket, or image dump, or whatever, then use the little picture icon in the signature editor (it looks just like the window for posting) and paste in the remote url to to it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0