monsjoex

New Player Info Master Thread-Consolidated

16 posts in this topic

Quick start

This first part provides the most basic information to spawn at the right place as a new recruit.

Hb0ch.png

OMvwK.png

QRjMX.png

Spawnpoints: there are various spawnpoints you can spawn in at a specific spawnpoint by making a mission and setting an origin there.

Armybase: big spawnpoint each town has 1-4
Depot: small spawnpoint each town has 2-20
Docks/airfield: big spawnpoints for naval/air/paratrooper.
Forward base(FB): big spawnpoint between 2 towns.
Mobile spawn(MS)/FRU: spawnpoint for infantry to attack towns/FB.
To see the depots/armybases/FB's click on towns and zoom in.

To find action take the following steps:

1. Look for EWS, orange icons under a town name mean lots of enemy units.

2. If the town is enemy owned look for friendly towns nearby.

3. Join 1 of the brigades in the town by right clicking on the town on the map.

4. Look for a good mission. If its a defense usually the top mission is the best one. If its an attack, only join missions with a MS. If there are no missions with a MS try to join other brigades in the towns to check.

5. Spawn in: if you are further than 1km from the town you are attacking you are at the wrong mission. If you don't see any friendly tags at a defense you are at the wrong spot too. Don't waste time, go somewhere else.

If you tried the above steps and still can't find an enemy within 2 min of spawning in:

ask where to spawn in on the SIDE or OPS channels. (F3/F5 by default)

These are sources that can help you in getting to know the game better:

Tutorials

Quick start guide

Game mechanics

Guide 1

Guide 2

Infantry

Allied sapper and anti tank rifle guide

Axis sapper and anti tank rifle guide

Tanking

Engagement ranges for tank vs tank combat

Range sight tutorial for german tanks

Flying

Booklet for pilots

Picture and description of the circle around enemy planes showing the distance.

Altitudes of cities (for bombers)

1 person likes this

+1 Very nice thread, a must read for people starting out and wondering what the heck is going on here.

GfJ Joe ! Could this be Sticky worthy?

!S

Edited by Wrath04

Any feedback from players reading this is welcome.

Does it help you? What other questions do you have?

POOR FRAME RATES FIX:

When game is loading alt tab to start task manger. Set the ww2.exe "affinity" to 2 cores only on win7 pcs.

CRS need to put info about setting the ww2.exe "affinity" to 2 cores only on win7 pcs.

Put this in the System info or log in screen. Too many Green tags complaining about the poor FPS even though its a simple fix.

I get 60fps with 2-cores and 10fps with 8-cores set.

I know this is a very noobish question, but the vehicle tutorial is not working for me and I was wondering how to enter/exit vehicles.

POOR FRAME RATES FIX:

When game is loading alt tab to start task manger. Set the ww2.exe "affinity" to 2 cores only on win7 pcs.

CRS need to put info about setting the ww2.exe "affinity" to 2 cores only on win7 pcs.

Put this in the System info or log in screen. Too many Green tags complaining about the poor FPS even though its a simple fix.

I get 60fps with 2-cores and 10fps with 8-cores set.

Ive played this game forever and this is the first ive heard about this fix, so yeah definitely get it out there so people can use it.

Ive noticed that when I change it to 2 cores, there is definitely an improvement in frame rate, however I haven't found a way to save the settings, is this something I have to change everytime I launch ww2 online? or is there a way to perm change it to 2 core?

Thanks

I know this is a very noobish question' date=' but the vehicle tutorial is not working for me and I was wondering how to enter/exit vehicles.[/quote']

You can't enter or exit a vehicle.

When you spawn in one you despawn/die in one.

This is done partly because in a realistic situation a tank crew will not abandon their tank either. This can be considered as traison even if the tank still works.