Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
alhassan

What Makes it Great?

alhassan

Hi,

So I have downloaded the free version of WW2 Online to test it out, been through the training and joined the game online a few times and I was wonder, well, what makes WW2 Online great?

I was expecting a lot of teamwork but I seem to be running around a lot and in target locations I hardly encounter many enemies (which, is not altogether bad as when I do I die a lot). I thought that I'd encounter actual leaders who would be barking orders to us raw recruits and pointing us in the direction we should be in but alas, I spend a lot of time looking for trouble by myself.

Am I doing it wrong?

Cheers.

drkmouse

Find a squad, Ask to play with them ( ts is a good start) the good squads work as a team adding a lot to the imertion. the team play also is something uniue to this game on all levels form air to ground to see the ability to quardinate and work as one group adds amazing comeradery and leathality to what you do:)

alhassan

Thanks for the response. I am used to squad play in Arma so I guess that would be the way to go.

Do WW2 Online squads allow "Free Players" in?

Cheers.

kibbles77
Thanks for the response. I am used to squad play in Arma so I guess that would be the way to go.

Cheers.

Most squads will allow anyone into their squad.

Kyotee

Get on Teamspeak (TS) first. The game has a steep learning curve and a squad will help a lot.

Squads will let you run with them and you can decide if it is a good fit. TS makes a big difference.

alhassan

Yeah I was on TS over the weekend and saw some squads on but did not want to jump in without being invited.

I guess I'll just ask if it is okay first.

Appreciate the info.

Kizmet
Find a squad' date=' Ask to play with them ( ts is a good start) the good squads work as a team adding a lot to the imertion. the team play also is something uniue to this game on all levels form air to ground to see the ability to quardinate and work as one group adds amazing comeradery and leathality to what you do:)[/quote']

Exactly. Very well put.

You'll also find that there are a lot of damned good people that you will meet and in fact, make friends that outlast even this game. The playerbase is what makes this game so exciting and challenging!!!

blipoop
Yeah I was on TS over the weekend and saw some squads on but did not want to jump in without being invited.

I guess I'll just ask if it is okay first.

Appreciate the info.

Wouldn't be afraid to jump on a squads TS and explain yourself. You'll find that everyone's really willing to help and TS makes it easy. I've never had a bad experience with anyone from game - even after nearly 6 years straight.

krazydog

The best way to do it is just jump into a squad channel and say 'hi, I am new to the game, is it ok run with you guys" And you will find that the squads will be glad to have you on their ts chat and they will help you to learn the game faster.

The main thing is to just introduce yourself so people don't think you are a spy from the other side :)

Cheers!

Krazydog

XOOM

Cheers.

Yes of course. If you are a team player and are trying to communicate and learn, almost any of our squads will be willing to work with you and teach you (and many others) the ropes.

Welcome to WWII Online, be patient. The advice you've received above is sound and will guide you to a successful (and most fulfilling) experience in our game.

Salute

chinaaike

I recommend you stay have a banner inside the building.

getattachment?attach=10139

wegue
Hi,

So I have downloaded the free version of WW2 Online to test it out, been through the training and joined the game online a few times and I was wonder, well, what makes WW2 Online great?

I was expecting a lot of teamwork but I seem to be running around a lot and in target locations I hardly encounter many enemies (which, is not altogether bad as when I do I die a lot). I thought that I'd encounter actual leaders who would be barking orders to us raw recruits and pointing us in the direction we should be in but alas, I spend a lot of time looking for trouble by myself.

Am I doing it wrong?

Cheers.

if y ar realy interested in the game! i can teach some basic things! and then maybe i will find a good squad abd and acount for y 2 prove the weapens ;)

wegue S!

Edited by wegue

alhassan

Really appreciate the responses. I'm on mainly weekends so I'll jump on TS and go from there.

Happy hunting.

Sign in to follow this