• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jake226

Joystick problems with new software.

3 posts in this topic

Downloaded the 1.34.10.10 game after sending the 1.34.9.255 (using since 2012) to the "yosemite" "trash". Looked like everything working (mostly new sounds and eye-candy). However moving to the aircraft I found the trigger on my Joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) acted as the "escape" key on the keyboard (Logitech K120) and other joystick buttons acted as "function" keys. The axis functions and throttle worked ok.... i could take off and fly ok.... just couldn't shoot using joystick. Attempts to reassign actions and joystick buttons using "key mapper" failed....trashed new software and reloaded old from the trash bin and everything works ok again with the old software. Will not try new software again till I see a "fix" reported here.

Downloaded the 1.34.10.10 game after sending the 1.34.9.255 (using since 2012) to the "yosemite" "trash". Looked like everything working (mostly new sounds and eye-candy). However moving to the aircraft I found the trigger on my Joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) acted as the "escape" key on the keyboard (Logitech K120) and other joystick buttons acted as "function" keys. The axis functions and throttle worked ok.... i could take off and fly ok.... just couldn't shoot using joystick. Attempts to reassign actions and joystick buttons using "key mapper" failed....trashed new software and reloaded old from the trash bin and everything works ok again with the old software. Will not try new software again till I see a "fix" reported here.

Yep, joystick buttons don't work with 1.34.10.10. I've asked that the rats post the 1.34.9 client but get no response.

s!

yes... being unable to shoot puts one in a bit of a disadvantage in an air dogfight...not that i'm any good at it to begin with. What are the new mac users doing that don't have the old software to fall back to? Seems it would be a bit of recruitment killer for mac users?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0