Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomppeli2k

(suggestion) more darker night!

16 posts in this topic

i would like it because tactical aspects, also reminds me old days i never played in... :(((

like in older versions:

i would like it because tactical aspects. actually it could be even more darker? :)

i would like everyone to comment these ideas?! :)

i would like it because tactical aspects, also reminds me old days i never played in... :(((

like in older versions:

i would like it because tactical aspects. actually it could be even more darker? :)

No matter how dark it is, isn't it all relative to how high someone cranks up their gamma under display options? I feel like these are hard dynamics to control with hopes of creating the desired effect of lower viability at night.

like in older versions:

Ok, and then I think you should be forced to fly ONLY, in every campaign after they change that.

See if you flew you would understand how much night already suxx's.

It has been darker and it caused lot of ppl to log off... Back then when numbers in game were counted in hundreds it was just annoying.

With current numbers being in dozens annoying people to log off wont do any good for game.

Also keep in mind there is still double night bug in game.

It has been darker and it caused lot of ppl to log off... Back then when numbers in game were counted in hundreds it was just annoying.

With current numbers being in dozens annoying people to log off wont do any good for game.

Also keep in mind there is still double night bug in game.

wtf... i dont get it... why the hell people get annoyed because night? they can use it as a weapon, or get slammed by enemy using night as weapon (tactically...) now, the night is like day... it doesnt matter at all.. :/ i want people to understand it. i want more realism, not whining people if i cant see in night that well....

I wouldn't like darker nights :( I see your angle, OP, but it really does sound better as an idea than it would be in reality, it would either be too easy or too hard for either the attacking or defending side.

I wouldn't like darker nights :( I see your angle' date=' OP, but it really does sound better as an idea than it would be in reality, it would either be too easy or too hard for either the attacking or defending side.[/quote']

actually... no, padawan, :):D i think both sides would get variety on it... both are attacking and defending... so... both are experiencing the same... i would really love huge battle in dark night.... :( like it supposed to be... this is simulator, not arcade shooter... :( but... maybe i have to go with others if they dont want it... :/ i just dont understand what is so wrong in it :/

In my mind it would always work to the defenders favour when assaulting a town tbh. The attacker would be able to get to town pretty easily simply by crawling through bushlines totally unseen in the pitch black of a moon-less night, once the AI MG's are down ofc, but the defender would know that trying to spot a pretty weak ant trail (cause by low pop) coming from a fru into town in blackness would be pointless, so all defenders would huddle inside cp's instead.

So in my mind, once the attacker has made it to town totally safely once again, they get into a cp, and they're greeted by 5+ campers waiting for them as that's not only the easiest and best place to "hold the line!" in this scenario, it's also the only really viable way to defend when you can't see anything outside.

With that being said though, I would still love to try it! Watching for muzzle flashes in the dead of night would be hella fun!

Edited by padawan

In my mind it would always work to the defenders favour when assaulting a town tbh. The attacker would be able to get to town pretty easily simply by crawling through bushlines totally unseen in the pitch black of a moon-less night, once the AI MG's are down ofc, but the defender would know that trying to spot a pretty weak ant trail (cause by low pop) coming from a fru into town in blackness would be pointless, so all defenders would huddle inside cp's instead.

So in my mind, once the attacker has made it to town totally safely once again, they get into a cp, and they're greeted by 5+ campers waiting for them as that's not only the easiest and best place to "hold the line!" in this scenario, it's also the only really viable way to defend when you can't see anything outside.

With that being said though, I would still love to try it! Watching for muzzle flashes in the dead of night would be hella fun!

YEAH!! i agree with you, and thats what i want to see too... beautiful muzzlez and tracers flying trough town/fields/forests in middle of the night.... it would be like in real war.... and this originally made to be as realistic as possible... then some kids whining "I CANT SEE A ****!!" and now night is actually same as day time..... so... whats the problem people???? i dont see anything fun having a night in game which doesnt even look like real night, or effect on anything? padawan... im your master. and im very proud of you. :D

I do so look forward to having to adjust my gamma settings every few hours like we all did in the old days.

I do so look forward to having to adjust my gamma settings every few hours like we all did in the old days.

well, i just dont get it. why do we even have a night in game if its almost like day? i just would love to have great night battles, shooting where u see muzzle flashes :D

i would really want to have a test for it.

I think the main issue with this is some will turn their gamma up to see better than other players. Unless there is a way to completely standardize the night for all players equally in a player vs. player scenario then the playing field at night will not be really even. I could be wrong but I think that is part of the reason we have the lighter (double) nights that we do.

I would love to have darker nights, muzzle flashes, etc. Just not sure it would work overall. I also think those that dislike night play outweigh those that want darker nights and to a more distasteful degree. Players that want darker nights are more apt to continue play in the lighter nights than those players that like lighter nights would continue to play in the darker nights.

I don't necessarily want to fight WWII battles at night. It sounds interesting and would look cool when a firefight does ensue but I prefer the clarity of daytime. In fact in the interest of game play I would like to see CRS go in the opposite direction and stretch the time of day realism towards more daylight and switch from dusk to dawn and avoid night time altogether.

There will always be a way for some to find ways of changing the game for their benefit. Personally years ago with night time was just that it was a totally different game and required tactics to offset night time. Crawling ever so slowly from building to building only to have AI shoot you LOL. Those tracers lit the sky for others to see them. Tanks for the most part parked and waited the darkness out as infantry scouted and hunted them down like pigs in heat. Axis and Allied ships could pass each other without even knowing - ah was the a Axis ship or one of our Brit DD or other way around and than realizing the battle plans had to be changed. Ships were parked in numbers of 8 or more just waiting for first light to come neither side knowing where each side had moved to. Planes doing recon were useless giving DD's a chance to move into a totally different area some times Axis and Allied ships would end up so close to each other when first light came the battle started instantly or scouting parties did their things blowing ai and other things. Bunker guards had to place someone at the door in hopes to kill the ei crawling and some times a ei would make it in and mix in with the soldiers guarding and open fire while his buds raided the bunker. Yes there was down time waiting for first light or taking your chances walking or crawling around in the darkness but it was fun it gave a whole new side of the game. I know I have some things that are not correct but one does not need action in a game 100 percent of the time. While I was in the service night time was when we started our jobs as we hid during the day light hours. This game has lost some really fun things - climbing on buildings roof tops by way of building ladders - pretending to be monkeys in the trees but back than graphic cards were not that good either so we could hide in trees or AI towers we could climb - getting lost in the Black forest with no way out once in LOL. I don't know why some want the game or expect it to move so fast when in real life war was not at all like this. Plus I remember squads actually having to plan how to fight a different battle at night time when it was so dark one could barely see the guy next to them except for his name tag. To delete this or not is my question now - ah heck guess I put my two cents in correct or not - let me dream from the past LOL. Salute

P.S. I recall seeing tracers like the ones over BagDad LOL bolors lit the sky or in town but it didn't take long for people to realize - guess what I just found another way to cheat the game play - just reset their gamma and up the brightness - oh the fun days of the past - members need to decide what they want out of this game because so many did not experience the prime times in the game - but not all were good so balance is required. Just like some members for what ever reason feel the need to find an easier way to kill the enemy even if they are cheating themselves.

Edited by playtime

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0