Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B2K

Win 10 or not to Win 10

18 posts in this topic

Got my little notice thingy........... usually I wait until SP1 to upgrade, but I'm feeling frisky with the is new OS......

Edited by b2k

I thought about this too and I think ill let the lemmings go first and test the water. After much effort everything is working perfectly and I don't want to risk anything breaking.:rolleyes:

well, installed it on my surface pro 3, and it works - game is even playable at decent from rates (20 fps with default game install).... can probably get it up to 30-35 fps after tweaking things a bit....

Ironically the computer I usually play the game on (and the first one that I reserved win10 on) is still waiting it's turn.... kind of odd....

Edited by b2k

i just installed win10 and this game i launched, i only see 70% of the screen.

i went to the settings and lowered the resolution, the problem is the same.

it is the same problem on my 13inch sony vaio on windows 8.

anyone who can help me out?

What is the native resolution on the monitor you are displaying on?

1920x1080

game resolution the same

i just installed win10 and this game i launched, i only see 70% of the screen.

i went to the settings and lowered the resolution, the problem is the same.

it is the same problem on my 13inch sony vaio on windows 8.

anyone who can help me out?

I made sure to set the compatibility to XP and also run it maximized. For some reason if it's windowed it does odd things even if it's at max and native resoultion

well, installed it on my surface pro 3, and it works - game is even playable at decent from rates (20 fps with default game install).... can probably get it up to 30-35 fps after tweaking things a bit....

Ironically the computer I usually play the game on (and the first one that I reserved win10 on) is still waiting it's turn.... kind of odd....

Use this link to get Windows 10 now

Windows 10 Link get it now

I've been running Win 10 for almost 3 months now ,only problem was only showing about 70 % of game screen. I reinstalled latest video drivers and fixed it. Everything else on Win 10 good, my only dislike is the new browser doesn't have the menu bar and insufficent controls for favorites.:D

Edited by obewon

My copy of Windows 10 is downloading...got prompted to download it this morning.

Other than the windowed game (e.g., only 70% of screen) issue, have y'all encountered any other issues?

- Reduced performance in game (e.g., Before Windows 10 your FPS was ~40 and after Windows 10 was installed it is now ~30 fps)

- Keymapper settings wiped out/non-responsive

- Other

My copy of Windows 10 is downloading...got prompted to download it this morning.

Other than the windowed game (e.g., only 70% of screen) issue, have y'all encountered any other issues?

- Reduced performance in game (e.g., Before Windows 10 your FPS was ~40 and after Windows 10 was installed it is now ~30 fps)

- Keymapper settings wiped out/non-responsive

- Other

it had problems on my custom build but it recovered nicely all by itself. my laptops had no issues at all.

if I even download windows 10 at all (still very happy with windows 7) it'll be in a few months after they've had time to iron out all the little bugs and glitches.

I heard from a friend it's basically Windows 8 2.0

I install (clean install) Win10 in VHD (virtual HD), update ATI HD7970 drivers, download BE, and all work fine, with better colors in game.

I install (clean install) Win10 in VHD (virtual HD)' date=' update ATI HD7970 drivers, download BE, and all work fine, with better colors in game.[/quote']

I've been playing on my Surface Pro3 with win 10.. liking it so far a bit awkward getting my keyboard setup without a numpad and the F keys being a 2 key usage, but it does bode well for my actual gaming rig back at home

Upgraded my work computer to windows 10 last week have had no issues as of yet. Upgraded my home computer this weekend and again no issues and the game loads fine.

two squaddies did windows 10 and are doing fine ,, think they had to make sound adjustments but that's it,,

For anyone that's having problems after upgrade to Win 10 the first thing to do is update all drivers. Preferably uninstall the old ones first, at least if you've upgraded from windows 7.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0