Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
genxs

Low/No pop Capture restriction

B2K
I haven't been playing long and I made the mistake of paying for 3 months before I had played much at al based on my early experience during prime time. Lesson learned, wont be paying again.

The game does seem silly to me.

During USA "prime time", which is when I have time to play, it takes many hours to capture a town and it's a lot of fun. You may have the good fortune to see some towns change hands and some "heroics" on both sides.

You come back to check in the morning, 6-8 hours later, and the entire front is gone and somehow one side has taken 4 or 5 maybe more towns. Any enjoyment you had from spending your evening playing is instantly erased and you feel like a fool for even bothering. I have tried just telling myself to just enjoy the game and play but unfortunately the game just isn't wired that way. Losing is losing even if the game is broken and there is rampant "hacking" going on. One may as well just go play DayZ for free if you want to be hacked repeatedly.

Possibly there could be a "side lock" restriction when the ratio of players gets to a certain point. The other day it was 6-1 odds on one side. I believe they said 24 players on one side and 4 on the other. Why not just lock the side when it gets to say 3 to 1 odds. Players could still log on and play but they would have to hop over to the other side.

Waking up to seeing hard won gains lost (especially if a regular occurrence) is definately a downer. Unfortunately it is a 24/7 game environment though, and is bound to happen at least semi-frequently. Though thankfully the shift doesnt happen nearly as often nor is as dramatic as it has been in the past.

I would encourage you not to buy into the "everyone is hacking" hype though. While are some shannanigans going on at times, it is not nearly as pervasive of a problem that some vocal players would lead people to believe.

genxs

So Kev.. you are playing the prime timezone having good combat simulation but you do not like that the captured town is undone so 'easy' ? Your combat and kill fun is not undone though. I find this a strange decision angle.

I feel the same though but i joined in (as OIC and Logistics) to make the combat more fun and lasting even if it is with 5 players on. I do wish i could force a change but cant so hanging in there like the rest enjoying what we can.

Unsubbing won't help the problem and unless your a cap-man simulator kinda guy i think you can see the value of your combat fun to match the pricetag even though the strategic fun is less then expected.

Note: This is temporary as WE will resolve this problem.. this decade.. or after...sometime... soonish :)

S!

Genxs

I haven't been playing long and I made the mistake of paying for 3 months before I had played much at all based on my early experience during prime time. Lesson learned, wont be paying again.

The game does seem silly to me.

axis412

2 Solutions for your "Problem" :rolleyes:

1. Turn the Earth into a Disc - "Problem" solved...

2. Turn one of them fancy new Virtual Machines into a 2nd Server JUST for our narcisisstic, self-centered, entitled little Friends from the North American Continent campaigning so hard for "Server Shutdowns / No Caps while were sleeping Restrictions" and all that - "Problem" solved...

Then the Rest of the World w Players from Around the World in this 24/7 Online Game can play and not have to listen to the endless whines while something gets capped nor have to endure Restrictions because of aforementioned reason #2 and basically trot in place waiting for certain nationalities to get up, take the morning pißß, go to work or whatever and log on finally...

Problem Solved ^^^ right there

ps. (Kev67 - subbed JUNI 2015, srys? Wheres your whine post re. "Unfair, no Fun" when allies capped left and right 24/7, now you experienced ONE Campaign loss and you're all Emo?)

stonecomet
2 Solutions for your "Problem" :rolleyes:

1. Turn the Earth into a Disc - "Problem" solved...

2. Turn one of them fancy new Virtual Machines into a 2nd Server JUST for our narcisisstic, self-centered, entitled little Friends from the North American Continent campaigning so hard for "Server Shutdowns / No Caps while were sleeping Restrictions" and all that - "Problem" solved...

Then the Rest of the World w Players from Around the World in this 24/7 Online Game can play and not have to listen to the endless whines while something gets capped nor have to endure Restrictions because of aforementioned reason #2 and basically trot in place waiting for certain nationalities to get up, take the morning pißß, go to work or whatever and log on finally...

Problem Solved ^^^ right there

ps. (Kev67 - subbed JUNI 2015, srys? Wheres your whine post re. "Unfair, no Fun" when allies capped left and right 24/7, now you experienced ONE Campaign loss and you're all Emo?)

You know it's aggressive posts like these that can drive some people away. But maybe that is the intent anyway.

It would be a great experiment to run 2 servers of the same game with the different rule sets.

One with a lot of the old school rules with a lot less restrictions. No SD, No ToE, No Soft Cap rules etc. for those that want to try and return to the Golden Age of BGE.

Another with the new rules and continued development of those rules to make the game more attractive to those that do not want to play without the Soft Cap Restriction and prefer the more strategic realism of ToE etc.

It would be interesting to see which one would be more populated. I'm of the opinion that the former would see a small influx of old players trying to relive their golden age of WWII Online but would struggle to retain players on their server. I could be wrong because I never played in those days so I don't really know. What I do find is that their are a fair amount of old timers that can be pretty close minded and seem to hold a lot of bitterness towards the game, the developers and any new players that won't fall into line. Fortunately most of them have gone on to better things, even at the hopefully limited term detriment to CRS and subscription rates.

I would think the latter one would be the more popular of the 2 as the new rules and changes are slowly implemented and tweaked. Simply because it is aimed more at the newer audience and the many more open minded veterans that have really stuck around to try and improve the game.

I think the game was changed in the face of fierce opposition from the dominant squads back in the day and their retaliation was, in general, to leave the game en masse and do everything they can to make sure CRS and WWII Online never succeeds. But I have to wonder if, from CRS's standpoint, the writing was already on the wall and the game was already in decline because of the over dominance of squads and possibly some of their vetting processes for new players to the game.

If the game is never given room to develop and recover from what from my point of view appears to be mistakes on both sides, Old CRS and Old Player Base Squad Dominance, then the game will eventually die out, even if the rules were reset to the Golden Age of Battleground Europe.

There is a reason why developers in open world MMO's these days, for the most part, do not create games that facilitate very large squads within the game. You end up with a hardcore group of players that it is hard to crack into or get accepted thus limiting new player retention to a great degree. After some time, after what is usually called The Golden Age, these types of game dynamics end up in a dead end.

There is a place for squads and teamwork and all that, it just needs to be managed properly to prevent what has already occurred. We have to remember that most of us here on the forums and those that invest great amount of time to the game (HC and very active squaddies) are in the vocal minority. It is the silent majority that CRS should play to. That means a lot of out of game polling and email surveys to those that do not voice their opinion on the forums, especially those that leave the game pretty quickly. CRS has to dig for that mine of information and weigh it in their decisions on how to improve the game to attract new players and retain them. In turn, they should also be reaching out to old veterans as well and weighing those factors against past experiences with the old player base. I believe that is what the New CRS is trying to do.

These are just my observations and could be wrong, they are based on my experiences and observations within the game, within squads and on the forums. However, I do find the tone and rhetoric of the quoted post offensive. I've seen a few offensive and aggressive posts recently and these kind of responses, in game and on the forums, without any kind of direct personal provocation are part of what is wrong with the game and the community. Some would say welcome to online gaming. I say we should know better and that we can do better.

sydspain

The imbalance of tz3 it's just a reflection of the low population in the game. Closing the server, block cp captures, forbid players to join one side, these are restrictive solutions that won't solve the real problem, and could even be worse.

In my opinion we need more European and Australian players, this countries are the core of tz3 and these markets are actually untapped.

Edited by sydspain

kev67

Thought about it and stayed up late last night to see what the deal was.

I doubt there is a possible population fix by CRS. There is a group that's willing to win at all cost. That's pretty common on the internet because you have unsupervised children and the sociopathic online. The group of players is unwilling to make any personal adjustments and yes the hacking is in fact rampant, unlike the previous comment that it's not so bad. There were players running faster than vehicles, floating through the air like phantoms, every town had at least one player inside CP stairs at some point during the battle, a player even ran directly through an bunker wall and capped it. The hacking was on both sides. Same old internet...

The problem is not unique. Every Game I have played in the last 20 years has had similar issues. The ones that go for "realistic PvP" have it the worst. I remember a game called Shadowbane that came out 15+ years ago that was supposed to be the "mecca" for PvP and City Siege. It lasted a few years and managed to work out most the bugs. Then they went free to play. A horde of players from China logged on and overwhelmed the servers and the game play. I cant blame the players for wanting to be on the same team with players speaking the same language but the end result was all the remaining paying customers left and the game couldn't afford it's servers anymore.

So yeah, apart from figuring out how to stop the hacking, there is nothing anyone can do about it accept the players that are doing it and that will never happen. It's the Internet.

genxs

Bunker block is not to solve the problem its to minimize the damage.

;)

The imbalance of tz3 it's just a reflection of the low population in the game. Closing the server, block cp captures, forbid players to join one side, these are restrictive solutions that won't solve the real problem, and could even be worse.

In my opinion we need more European and Australian players, this countries are the core of tz3 and these markets are actually untapped.

ammoboy

in TZ3 when AHC already pulls off many frontline flags so axis cant attack those towns ?

in TZ3 when you see allies spawning in planes and tanks like hell but cant defend their CPs/ABs ?

delems

Same problem for what, 10+ years now? Many band-aides limiting game play to try and fix it?

Stop treating symptoms with medicine that is killing the patient and just deal with the root cause: extreme over pop.

Here it is, after 10 years of wondering...... Lock the in game world at some ratio, say 3 to 1.

Then your 24 to 4 will be 12 to 4; much better, plus, maybe that 4 will be 5 or 6 now cause they know they have a small fighting chance. Now it is 18 to 6 with only 6 players waiting to spawn in. With just two more low pop players, it's 24 to 8 and everyone is playing - this is plausible because the low pop players feel they have a small chance and will keep playing and stay logged in.

Presuming worst case though - it's 12 to 4 with 12 players waiting to spawn in as their teammates die; is that so bad to have 12 players waiting, to keep the low pop side active during the other TZs? I think not.

Just fix the problem already and stop with the extreme over pop and limiting game features.

Thrance

Same pile of dung.. Different day..

Although, I do not think I have ever posted in the general discussion.. Imagine that.

lordgaben
Bunker block is not to solve the problem its to minimize the damage.

;)

Because damage = loss of USTZ players. The game needs to cater to the players, as many players as possible if it wants to get more people.

This rule caters to the armchair generals that want another game rule to manipulate because they can't/won't actually manage players online, and it caters to the handful of people that play a game with a persistent game world while complaining endlessly that the game world is persistent.

US "prime" is like 45 people per side at most so they've overwhelmingly rejected the game despite every accommodation being made for them, maybe it's time to stop treating the other time zones like garbage and get more players.

erasmo

In my career, I have 24k sorties as allied and 21k as axis. I can actually say I know both sides perfectly and I hammered/been hammered on TZ3 on BOTH sides repeatdly. The problem have been switching sides. But it can be said that in the last couple of years, the problem got bigger and punished the allies more than the axis.

That been said, I, as an european player, I will never accept the TZ3 shutdown. Intolerable and unfair for the players/clients who maybe only can play in that schedule (myself for example, not these days but yes a couple of years ago). All clients MUST be treated equally since they pay their suscriptions too. I guess NOBODY has doubts about this.

In the same way, I totaly dislike the genxs' restrictive measures/proposal. It's unnaceptable treating the tz3 players in a different way than others, just because they live on a different continent, or they have an uncommon schedule at work, or whatever. Even they have the freedom for choosing play in that time zone just because they wish to. Period. Discriminatory measures will not help at all to balance the game. In fact, it will make the POPULATION PROBLEM bigger and deeper. It will kill the game more than help. If the proposals gonna go in the way to force the "garbage TZ/players" to play a kind of intermission (even worse, wasting supply for not being alowed to cap anything), then prepare for saying a definitive goodbye to the game.

All of this been said, OF COURSE it's unnaceptable how the TZ3 absolutely RUINS the maps. But the measures to take have to be implemented potencially for all tzs (like the new AO rule, the no man's land... etc, which can be implemented even in prime time...), which guarantess the equally for all the players. I am more than sure that, when CRS recovers all its coding capacities, we will see more measures to help the game without harming the RIGHTS of any player, whichever the timezone he plays.

EDIT: And finally: yes, sometimes the battles have been 4 vs. 24. Not everyday, but 2 -3 times per week for sure in the worst moments of the tz3. I lived it from both sides, sometimes overpoped, sometimes underpoped. No exageration. No science-fiction. For real.

Edited by erasmo

pulfer

It's an interesting idea, shutting down the server on TZ3. Maybe we could do that on weekdays and keep the server up on weekends. TZ3 during weekdays is extremely low pop, US players are sleeping and EURO players are working.

saerdna

As i said you dont change the 30 sec sd but what you cand is:

1. Increase the cap times for CPS from 2 to 5 or 6 min even more (make it dynamic according to the population inbalnce.

2. Similar you decrease the recap time (Dynamic as well)

3. Increase when AB will be hot from 10 to 20 min

These way you dont let people looking at a screen all day but you give a chance the defenders to actually defend the town.

This is way more fair i believe than everything else.

genxs

The thing is if we had more lasting firefights more would stay for longer only leading to recovery of the number problem and end of the restrictive condition.

And yes we sure do need more Eur/Aus TZ players.

S!

Genxs

palpatine

Nope,Restrictions are not good specially locks for each side,what if a HC wants to get online,and can not because of "Lock"then he can't play his side,why pay if you can not play what you want to play.

Is this for Allies having low pop on this time zone?

---->pulverapa:

Re: Low/No pop Capture restriction

It's an interesting idea, shutting down the server on TZ3. Maybe we could do that on weekdays and keep the server up on weekends. TZ3 during weekdays is extremely low pop, US players are sleeping and EURO players are working.

LOL nah,this is another Very bad idea to shut down game servers to cater to the few,Crazy talk.

undercova

all your ideas ignore the fact that there are still enough allied players around in most cases. they are mostly sitting in tanks or planes

even with 5-10 players you should be able to hold a town while axis have to face spawn delay at the same time

vasduten1
all your ideas ignore the fact that there are still enough allied players around in most cases. they are mostly sitting in tanks or planes

even with 5-10 players you should be able to hold a town while axis have to face spawn delay at the same time

True story.

There is a propensity on both sides for players to sit in tanks or planessays and not recap. Especially cutting low pop.

No more rules please. That won't help balance anything.

SD is fine at 30 secs. Even then it feels wrong in an intense fight.

Lob12
True story.

There is a propensity on both sides for players to sit in tanks or planessays and not recap. Especially cutting low pop.

No more rules please. That won't help balance anything.

SD is fine at 30 secs. Even then it feels wrong in an intense fight.

Don't you have whine threads to manage? :rolleyes:

The game is fixed I guess! Woot!

2ir0n7a.jpg

Here is a typical TZ3 picture :rolleyes:

You guys have fun capping empty town, then you can always start wondering why you're getting your ass handed to you when the real players start playing again. In that picture I held that town vs FULL EWS with 3-4 other guys for hours. You guys don't know how to win when theres an actual adversary playing. I can mope the floor with all y'all, like I did in Rochefort earlier this map. Too bad I'm actually sleeping at night :rolleyes:

Edited by Lob12

Lob12

Who's 2nd account are you?

Another legendary empty town axis capper no doubt.

vasduten1

wow, you're such a troll.

Come on, man...

don't sit here and clamor for more restrictions on TZ3 while boasting of how you and the suspected cheater xohorvath held off an Axis assault with four players.

I should know better than to bandy wit with you but why not?

Lob12
wow, you're such a troll.

Come on, man...

don't sit here and clamor for more restrictions on TZ3 while boasting of how you and the suspected cheater xohorvath held off an Axis assault with four players.

I should know better than to bandy wit with you but why not?

ahah Xoho and me could wipe the floor with all your empty towns cappers. Exactly like we did that night.

Keep hackusing us, its delicious.

And I'm not clamouring for anything. I'd like my rifle and supply lists to be normal though :rolleyes: . You guys can cap empty towns if it fills you with purpose. I don't care. Just don't act surprised when it all goes to **** when you meet real resistance. Like you did in your thread lol.

I'll be back in game when CRS fixes the mess they created with T3 this map.

Edited by Lob12

vasduten1

Oh, you can't find a way to play this campaign?

Pity.

Lob12
Oh, you can't find a way to play this campaign?

Pity.

My finals are coming soon and I'm pretty busy RL. Plus yeah CRS messing up the T3 didn't make me want to log in really lol. Since the hot fix was today maybe I'll log in a bit now after eating.

I've got more than 3 times your kills this map so far and I haven't played in nearly 2 weeks.

just saying. Don't worry about me. :rolleyes:

I just needed a little break after scoring something like 6000 kills in the last 3 maps :)

Edited by Lob12

vasduten1

Try not to break your arm jerking off over how cool you think you are.

Such a dbag.

Sign in to follow this