Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

Preparing for The next Patch !!!! Now Finished !!!!!

335 posts in this topic

New players need a history lesson about "soon" and why it's a forbidden word in the world of WWIIOL' date=' lol.[/quote']

I feel like a nice black and white old school reel to reel youtube video narrated to explain it...

There is your project till the server comes back up ;)

soon

adverb

in or after a short time.

"everyone will soon know the truth"

synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time.

I'd prefer eventually. ;)

Seriously though, CRS has to be as frustrated as we are, probably even more so. Hopefully, some day soon; ehem, I mean, eventually I'm hoping that some day CRS will look back on this as the day the game turned the corner for better things. Just keep plugging away and Godspeed. S!

soon

adverb

in or after a short time.

"everyone will soon know the truth"

synonyms: shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time.

I'd prefer eventually. ;)

Seriously though, CRS has to be as frustrated as we are, probably even more so. Hopefully, some day soon; ehem, I mean, eventually I'm hoping that some day CRS will look back on this as the day the game turned the corner for better things. Just keep plugging away and Godspeed. S!

It has a much, much deeper meaning that a mere dictionary definition. Especially when in context of this game

Looks like i jinxed us by using the forbidden word.. :mad: as soon as i posted is when this stuff hit the fan

I don't understand why we are not all in the beta server blowing things up.

What are the chances of letting the beta server start it's own short campaign??

That might satisfy the itch :)

Looks like i jinxed us by using the forbidden word.. :mad: as soon as i posted is when this stuff hit the fan

lol, you should know better, that word is banned from the forums.

beta is only boring with low numbers.

and when allies retake our spawn cp's :)

GMs should flip a capture point in a naval town, disable capture and then let everyone go at it. Either that or a contested land town with no flag but each side has a spawn. It's a test server, they should facilitate the actual testing. Walking/driving FRUs in to town that just get killed wastes a lot of time.

Thing is this re. "beta" or "Training" Server & why we are not all on there blowing stuff up:

a. only inf fights - i wanna play CoD, i play CoD...course that doesnt stop getting the spawn CP camped by ETs as soon as you cap it

b. spawn a PZ on the off chance that someone else spawns one as well and you have a little duel going on...sitting 2-2.5k from town...6-10mins later you have someone sitting next to you, drooling and with a zook pointed at you - yeah thats right..instead of spawning a tank hes actually walked 6-10mins just to zook you even tho you were not even close to town or an FB or anything which makes that moot as well - 2nd time you spawn a Pz theres gonna be an EFRU then just for zooks 2.5k from town

c. getting flags kicked to training by same aforementioned slightly excessively salivating individuals - on the TRAINING/BETA server...

d. in case you actually spawn into a CoD fight in town chances are also rather good you get your FB blown away by the individuals w the saliva problem mentioned above

e. f2p cant join Training/Beta Server

Edited by axis412

The Margate/Ramsgate area is good for some fun. Tanks can fight it out in the area between Margate and the AFAB at Rams. Inf can fight in town to the east. Just need to make the rams/margate depot allied and lock capping

Never take saying the unsayable word lightly. Bad things happen when that word is typed in forums or ingame chat. It conjures a portal allowing gremlins to screw with the game code.

Edited by omar67

The Margate/Ramsgate area is good for some fun. Tanks can fight it out in the area between Margate and the AFAB at Rams. Inf can fight in town to the east. Just need to make the rams/margate depot allied and lock capping

Ramsgate was first thing recapped along w point c. - LW = Training *o_0*

See what happens?

See what happens?

We caught some of it on video. Just as the team was starting the celebration OHM yelled SOON!!!!

tumblr_nu8vj5t2VM1tlb56zo1_400.gif

Looking like it is going to be opening up SOON !!!!

Just some details on downloads we are fixing.

When I beta tested another game there saying was "this is a known issue"

It was easy and no time line

regards,

drill

First patch in 2 years?

There should have been two (2) patches -- one that is essentially a "practice patch"

for some very minor change and, if successful, followed by the more major patch.

The best is an update functionality where periodic patches are for minor changes;

minor patches are generally easier to troubleshoot. I know -- hindsight is 20-20.

just my dirty little ho

;-)

Hello there y'all good folks! I'd love to post in a little happy thread than to jump onto "please wait..." wagon but... good thing to have a patch going, even if it means waiting a little bit longer as a Mac user. I just hope it won't take whole next week to launch the campaign server and the Mac client. I'm already trigger-itchy. :) Cheers.

First extended server downage in 3+ years. Are the Rats even working on fixing the server today - Sunday? I see some forum mods still posting but that is different. Should non-beta players just check back on Monday?

An official update would be appreciated.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0