• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

Preparing for The next Patch !!!! Now Finished !!!!!

335 posts in this topic

Ask you might receive.

==================================

WWII Online: Battleground Europe - BETA README

==================================

Version 1.34.11 (2015-08-14)

Major

- Added Active Battles Tab (ABT): When first entering the game, players will be presented with a list of the most active missions on their side. The old brigade selection screen is still available for more advanced players.

- Updated Fallen Soldiers list:

George "GeorgeH" H, Karen "Frank35" Sylte, Patrick "Icux" Carns, Ivan "Johan250" Telleria, Carl "Howie622" Howarth, Mike "RailRD" Perrier, Dalte "Stelgard" Hopkinson, James "Carolina" Simpson.

Gameplay

- FB spawn buildings' now require 2.5x more damage to destroy.

Loadout/Equipment

- All snipers now have a pistol as a secondary weapon with two magazines.

- Tiger's turret traverse speed increased by 50%.

- Updated vehicle textures: 38T, S35, Panhard, Vickers, Crusader MK II & MK III

- Updated gun textures: Pak38

- Updated aircraft textures: BF-110C, Hurricane MK II C, P39, Stuka

US Equipment

- US Stuart added to the game.

- Adopted Boys ATR & M37 Mortar.

- Adopted Vickers & Daimler armored vehicles.

- Adopted Hotchkiss 25mm AAA.

- Adopted Bedford & Morris trucks. Laffly removed.

UI

- Added new lobby music for Allies & Axis.

- New images added for non-paratroop infantry classes.

- Images for German vehicles updated.

- Added several new spawn-in screen tips.

- Updated in-game text to accurately reflect current Starter Account privileges.

- Updated credits & copyright date.

- Squad funders added to credits: 4Wing, Lancers, AEF and BlitzKader.

Bugfixes

- [MAC] Fixed issue where keymapper would treat Joystick fire button as the Escape key.

Thought so, thanks Zach ;)

Adopted Bedford & Morris trucks. Laffly removed.

Damn xoom promised me the beddy would finally be gone.....

:mad:

Are we there yet?

I WILL PEE ON SOON

THE NILY

S! LIES

I hope they increase the sappers in the supply pool because that many charges 15 sappers wont be close to enough to take a defended fb with

I hope they increase the sappers in the supply pool because that many charges 15 sappers wont be close to enough to take a defended fb with

True statement. Plus 18 hour resupply timers, ain't happening.

Hopefully 35 engineers by my math. Also, would be fun to have that many, maybe peeps would actually use the ppo's. Hell, make it 50.

Edited by kbuzz101

Hopefully 35 engineers by my math. Also' date=' would be fun to have that many, maybe peeps would actually use the ppo's. Hell, make it 50.[/quote']

we are lucky to get 2 people to try and blow and fb I cant see where anyone is going to blow an fb it would take a squad to blow an fb now. Really can you see 2 people trying to blow and fb? If HC is watching the map soon as they see one being damaged people will just spawn tanks and defend it so much for blowing the fbs

Stalemate across the map - left or right - heard it on axis side first

..course thats not stopping SYSTEM from placing AOs anyway, which is already a major PITA what w the hectics involved getting an FB NOW so as to place the proper AO before SYSTEM interferes but meh...

If that change was in any way destined to make FBs less of a hassle or "fun" stopper...uhh..ahh...yeah

Edited by axis412

Some harping above me about the difficulty of strategizing FB busts. Well, good. You're going to see prolonged battles again, that wonderful earlier-game experience of defending a town for hours may well return with this change. I remember obscure towns and their quirks becoming as familiar as Thermopolian ridges, so great was the investment in them over many hours, I think this is getting back to that kind of action.

This will be superb. Congratulations to CRS, XOOM and everyone in this one-of-a-kind community for getting to this point. It's a real-life underdog story paying off.

we are lucky to get 2 people to try and blow and fb I cant see where anyone is going to blow an fb it would take a squad to blow an fb now. Really can you see 2 people trying to blow and fb? If HC is watching the map soon as they see one being damaged people will just spawn tanks and defend it so much for blowing the fbs

The strategic game will change, It will be about holding FBs to important towns. This is a small plus, could have large battles for fbs to Brussels, Liege etc... So many fbs, important towns will be watched. Actually adds to the game in some ways... Lets leave it until we try.

The strategic game will change' date=' It will be about holding FBs to important towns. This is a small plus, could have large battles for fbs to Brussels, Liege etc... So many fbs, important towns will be watched. Actually adds to the game in some ways... Lets leave it until we try.[/quote']

I do not know, I have a feeling we are going to end up sitting around and guarding key FBs for hours in order to prevent attacks - this may not be so fun if people do not want to attack defended FBs.

But we will see - it is hard to predict exactly what the impact will be.

Edited by krazydog

The strategic game will change' date=' It will be about holding FBs to important towns. This is a small plus, could have large battles for fbs to Brussels, Liege etc... So many fbs, important towns will be watched. Actually adds to the game in some ways... Lets leave it until we try.[/quote']

..if the chef takes out his pee-stick and swirls it around in a jar of "In-house made" Ranch dressing, I dont need to "try it first" to know that it's not gonna meet expectations re. taste or otherwise - but thats me...

But we will see - it is hard to predict exactly what the impact will be.

Let's also not forget the most important thing this update represents: CRS being able to bring major updates again. That means whatever adjustments (if any) need be made, they can be.

This may also be putting us somewhere near firing range to get onto STEAM after that successful greenlight. Oh come ye target rich environments.

Almost there troops, still cracking away. Testing patching right now and adding the new US equipment to the TOE's. Looking good, S!

Almost there troops' date=' still cracking away. Testing patching right now and adding the new US equipment to the TOE's. Looking good, S![/quote']

Thanks guys and gals.

A hella long day (1 of many leading up to this one).

TY for the effort, but I NEED to die, er, kill some folks!

Uh Oh. No campaign through the whole day thursday. Will be updated on Friday. Sounds like they hit a bump. Beta open for intermission style play.

Guess I'll put on Netflix and hit the sack.

Edited by omar67

The Campaign server is going to remain offline longer then we had anticipated, throughout the evening and lasting through tomorrow. However you can play the BETA server in an intermission style set up while we conduct vital work that hasn't been done in 3.5+ years.

We will provide a full briefing in our Friday update. Selecting the BETA server on the Playgate should automatically commence downloading the latest patch to 1.34.11.255. However below are the full installers:

PC: http://battlegroundeurope.net/installer/wwiiol_1.34.11.255.exe

MAC client requires a new build to have the new data.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0