• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

Preparing for The next Patch !!!! Now Finished !!!!!

335 posts in this topic

f2p beta as well?

Unfortunately no, allowing f2p to access beta caused server crashes and other weirdness that need to be resolved.

been waiting this long' date=' what's one more day, lol.[/quote']

Sorry, we don't want to disappoint but if we're going to do this right, we need our site online and everything firing correctly.

I should mention Gadget has been working literally all damn day on our web stuff. Ridiculous this gal. One hell of a team working for the WWII Online community, damn proud of'em.

(falls over on keyboard) - tired.

Feels like the game is back to live again with a team of people working to improve it. Doesn't matter if we can play on friday or saturday, thanks to all the guys who are working hard.

S!

Ask you might receive.

==================================

WWII Online: Battleground Europe - BETA README

==================================

Version 1.34.11 (2015-08-14)

Major

- Added Active Battles Tab (ABT): When first entering the game, players will be presented with a list of the most active missions on their side. The old brigade selection screen is still available for more advanced players.

- Updated Fallen Soldiers list:

George "GeorgeH" H, Karen "Frank35" Sylte, Patrick "Icux" Carns, Ivan "Johan250" Telleria, Carl "Howie622" Howarth, Mike "RailRD" Perrier, Dalte "Stelgard" Hopkinson, James "Carolina" Simpson.

Gameplay

- FB spawn buildings' now require 2.5x more damage to destroy.

Loadout/Equipment

- All snipers now have a pistol as a secondary weapon with two magazines.

- Tiger's turret traverse speed increased by 50%.

- Updated vehicle textures: 38T, S35, Panhard, Vickers, Crusader MK II & MK III

- Updated gun textures: Pak38

- Updated aircraft textures: BF-110C, Hurricane MK II C, P39, Stuka

US Equipment

- US Stuart added to the game.

- Adopted Boys ATR & M37 Mortar.

- Adopted Vickers & Daimler armored vehicles.

- Adopted Hotchkiss 25mm AAA.

- Adopted Bedford & Morris trucks. Laffly removed.

UI

- Added new lobby music for Allies & Axis.

- New images added for non-paratroop infantry classes.

- Images for German vehicles updated.

- Added several new spawn-in screen tips.

- Updated in-game text to accurately reflect current Starter Account privileges.

- Updated credits & copyright date.

- Squad funders added to credits: 4Wing, Lancers, AEF and BlitzKader.

Bugfixes

- [MAC] Fixed issue where keymapper would treat Joystick fire button as the Escape key.

I see 2 things not mentioned here is it a oversight or just not going to be changed with this patch.

1. 1 AO softcap rule change (linked town ok to cap)

2. System AO timers

I see 2 things not mentioned here is it a oversight or just not going to be changed with this patch.

1. 1 AO softcap rule change (linked town ok to cap)

2. System AO timers

1 AO softcap rule change? Did I miss a memo? Do you mean allowing a side who just took a town to softcap any open town that is linked to it? Are we going back to allowing multitown rolls in underpop again?

AS far as the FB bust concerns... there is concern that once a side owns ALL the FBs, (like at the beginning of a campaign) then if they are vigilant, they can completely stop the other side from gaining any FBs at all, thus preventing the other side from attacking at all. This is something that needs to be tested in practice, though. I don't really think that many folks will even attempt FB busts during fights anymore. It would take some incredible effort, a LOT of manpower and real teamwork to pull it off.

Edited by Quincannon

1 AO softcap rule change? Did I miss a memo? Do you mean allowing a side who just took a town to softcap any open town that is linked to it? Are we going back to allowing multitown rolls in underpop again?

Towns linked to a Flag but without flag can be AO'd, yes -- to prevent the other Extreme: pulling Flags out of Frontline Towns to prevent ANY AOs at all

AS far as the FB bust concerns... there is concern that once a side owns ALL the FBs, (like at the beginning of a campaign) then if they are vigilant, they can completely stop the other side from gaining any FBs at all, thus preventing the other side from attacking at all. This is something that needs to be tested in practice, though. I don't really think that many folks will even attempt FB busts during fights anymore. It would take some incredible effort, a LOT of manpower and real teamwork to pull it off.

This is to prevent pulling from the front line, so if it is linked to a town with a flag it is fair game.

Any update on the MAC version? The "MAC client requires a new build to have the new data." Doesn't sound like we'll have game access for some time...

Performance update as well? like the memory leak and long timers for re spawn or swapping mission, the heavy lag in some area's like Antwerp.

Any update on the MAC version? The "MAC client requires a new build to have the new data." Doesn't sound like we'll have game access for some time...

Yes a new Mac release as well.

not been playing much at all last few camps, and with the list all i can see is allied getting crap bugged blackout truck to drive, lancers enjoyed fb fights busts and so on this has been taken away, because the majority wanted fbs harder to bust :/ ... we will see some shading so that will be nice... lets see what the future brings good luck

Performance update as well? like the memory leak and long timers for re spawn or swapping mission' date=' the heavy lag in some area's like Antwerp.[/quote']

That I believe is in 1.35

not been playing much at all last few camps' date=' and with the list all i can see is allied getting crap bugged blackout truck to drive, lancers enjoyed fb fights busts and so on this has been taken away, because the majority wanted fbs harder to bust :/ ... we will see some shading so that will be nice... lets see what the future brings good luck[/quote']

The biggest challenge here is updating the host .... That has not been done in 3 years. Once we can do this we can do a lot more!

I just asked how much data is being backed up. They said 1TB of data

1TB?? wow!

Great job guys! Really appreciate your hard work to update and improve the game.

Thank you!! :)

S!

The biggest challenge here is updating the host .... That has not been done in 3 years. Once we can do this we can do a lot more!

aye good stuff

This is to prevent pulling from the front line' date=' so if it is linked to a town with a flag it is fair game.[/quote']

There are reasons for leaving towns empty regardless of the 1 AO rule. Before this rule was implemented front line towns were still left empty. This rule was implemented in order to keep one side or the other from rolling a map in one day based on a lob sided population like in TZ3. I have no idea why everyone is complaining about this rule unless all you want to do is soft cap towns and this really isn't what the game is about. If you really want to have a unit in every front line town then I would suggest adding more divisions to the game for both sides considering there is not enough divisions to cover the entire front at map start fro both sides every map same towns are being soft caped mostly in the south.

1 BY HAVING A UNIT IN A FRONT LINE TOWN THAT COULD CAUSE THAT UNIT TO BE CUT OFF.

2 BY ONLY HAVING AN HQ TO PUT IN A FRONT LINE TOWN

3 YOU DONT HAVE UNITS TO PUT IN THE TOWN

4 JUST BECAUSE YOU TOOK A TOWN DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO MOVE INTO IT ALL THE TIME IT CALLED BUFFERING THE LINE. MOSTLY YOU WILL SEE THIS AROUND AIR FIELDS IN ORDER TO EITHER PUT AIR INTO IT OR TO BE ABLE TO ROTATE AIR IN AND OUT OF IT.

This may be true but with the change a side can counter as soon as they loose a town like we once were able to do, so if you gonna take a town you better be prepared to defend it.

What I would like to know OHM is why you took a truck that had no bugs worked perfectly well out of TOE and gave us a piece of junk that is bugged has been bugged forever with no fix in site and no one wants to even use. This is why no one wants to play with the British. Most of the time we try and have a French unit mixed with the British units just so we don't have to drive that Bedford. We use the laffy and use the British armor. I brought this up awhile ago when this was first announced while you all still had time to pull the beddy. Giving us bugged equipment is not going to do anything for the player base but annoy them even more than they already are. It is common sense man. Don't give bugged equipment and take away something that has no bug.

Stop right now and stay ON topic!

My question was on topic, I asked if these changes were coming with the patch..........no reply yet.

What I would like to know OHM is why you took a truck that had no bugs worked perfectly well out of TOE and gave us a piece of junk that is bugged has been bugged forever with no fix in site and no one wants to even use. This is why no one wants to play with the British. Most of the time we try and have a French unit mixed with the British units just so we don't have to drive that Bedford. We use the laffy and use the British armor. I brought this up awhile ago when this was first announced while you all still had time to pull the beddy. Giving us bugged equipment is not going to do anything for the player base but annoy them even more than they already are. It is common sense man. Don't give bugged equipment and take away something that has no bug.

lol it balances out...

Axis can't kill anything Allied frontally, Allies get a chitty truck:D

Everyone should be happy we can even add equipment.... Nothing has been added for years and former RATS said that we would never be able to do this and we a proving them wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0