Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

Preparing for The next Patch !!!! Now Finished !!!!!

335 posts in this topic

I see 2 things not mentioned here is it a oversight or just not going to be changed with this patch.

1. 1 AO softcap rule change (linked town ok to cap)

2. System AO timers

These changes were introduced before this update which is why they're not listed on the readme.

These changes were introduced before this update which is why they're not listed on the readme.

So we will see these changes then ?

So we will see these changes then ?

Oh I misread the first thing. You're talking about no mans land AO's where an empty town linked to a brigade can have an AO.

Won't be in yet, that will happen after release sometime. I thought you were referring to hard cap only, 1AO.

Everyone should be happy we can even add equipment.... Nothing has been added for years and former RATS said that we would never be able to do this and we a proving them wrong.

Keep up the good work guys!

Here's some cheerleaders for you guys :)!

cheerleaders.jpg

Oh I misread the first thing. You're talking about no mans land AO's where an empty town linked to a brigade can have an AO.

Won't be in yet, that will happen after release sometime. I thought you were referring to hard cap only, 1AO.

O.K. thanks xoom

There are reasons for leaving towns empty regardless of the 1 AO rule. Before this rule was implemented front line towns were still left empty. This rule was implemented in order to keep one side or the other from rolling a map in one day based on a lob sided population like in TZ3. I have no idea why everyone is complaining about this rule unless all you want to do is soft cap towns and this really isn't what the game is about. If you really want to have a unit in every front line town then I would suggest adding more divisions to the game for both sides considering there is not enough divisions to cover the entire front at map start fro both sides every map same towns are being soft caped mostly in the south.

People complain about it because the kindergartners that are the HC (both sides) like to pull back when 1 AO hits then put the same flag back forward when 2 AO's arrive again.

Keep up the good work guys!

Here's some cheerleaders for you guys :)!

cheerleaders.jpg

Tbh, I might have gone to high school with the one on the left. Something about her is oddly familiar...

There are reasons for leaving towns empty regardless of the 1 AO rule. Before this rule was implemented front line towns were still left empty. This rule was implemented in order to keep one side or the other from rolling a map in one day based on a lob sided population like in TZ3. I have no idea why everyone is complaining about this rule unless all you want to do is soft cap towns and this really isn't what the game is about. If you really want to have a unit in every front line town then I would suggest adding more divisions to the game for both sides considering there is not enough divisions to cover the entire front at map start fro both sides every map same towns are being soft caped mostly in the south.

1 BY HAVING A UNIT IN A FRONT LINE TOWN THAT COULD CAUSE THAT UNIT TO BE CUT OFF.

2 BY ONLY HAVING AN HQ TO PUT IN A FRONT LINE TOWN

3 YOU DONT HAVE UNITS TO PUT IN THE TOWN

4 JUST BECAUSE YOU TOOK A TOWN DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO MOVE INTO IT ALL THE TIME IT CALLED BUFFERING THE LINE. MOSTLY YOU WILL SEE THIS AROUND AIR FIELDS IN ORDER TO EITHER PUT AIR INTO IT OR TO BE ABLE TO ROTATE AIR IN AND OUT OF IT.

Seems to me that the new "no man's land rule" won't prevent you from pulling flags off the frontline if you need to for legitimate reasons. You can still spawn infantry into no man's land towns and that should lead to some cool infantry fights. Also, the new rule will still enforce no deep softcapping behind enemy lines. So I think the new rule will be an improvement.

The current exploitation of the rules had gotten so bad that it was starting to drive some good HC players out of HC and refusing to take the map because the enemy HC was dictating to them which towns there were "allowed" to attack, and which ones there were "not allowed" to attack during 1AO no softcap time. That is not good for the game.

Seems to me that the new "no man's land rule" won't prevent you from pulling flags off the frontline if you need to for legitimate reasons. You can still spawn infantry into no man's land towns and that should lead to some cool infantry fights. Also, the new rule will still enforce no deep softcapping behind enemy lines. So I think the new rule will be an improvement.

The current exploitation of the rules had gotten so bad that it was starting to drive some good HC players out of HC and refusing to take the map because the enemy HC was dictating to them which towns there were "allowed" to attack, and which ones there were "not allowed" to attack during 1AO no softcap time. That is not good for the game.

I havent seen any examples of this posted in the forums.

Thanks for all the hard work, guys! We really appreciate it.

Don't forget the new MAC OS X build... otherwise I won't be able to play and Axis won't rack up so many kills :)

The Campaign server is going to remain offline longer then we had anticipated, throughout the evening and lasting through tomorrow. However you can play the BETA server in an intermission style set up while we conduct vital work that hasn't been done in 3.5+ years.

We will provide a full briefing in our Friday update. Selecting the BETA server on the Playgate should automatically commence downloading the latest patch to 1.34.11.255. However below are the full installers:

PC: http://battlegroundeurope.net/installer/wwiiol_1.34.11.255.exe

MAC client requires a new build to have the new data.

People complain about it because the kindergartners that are the HC (both sides) like to pull back when 1 AO hits then put the same flag back forward when 2 AO's arrive again.

Not sure I would pick all the HCs on both sides, who are mainly persons who care for the well being of the game and want to ensure that there's always someone on to push the buttons, and put them in the "kindergartners" basket. A bit of a harsh comment from an ex-cinc imho...

For all the stories I've seen about this crap, not once in AHC I've seen someone do it while I was online or talk about doing it. Not once. I've seen a lot of superior officers telling us NOT to do it and to be fair play though...

The problematic period is when I'm not online, that's true. But still...

Edited by Lob12

I had a firsthand experience with this once when I asked a HC to make a flag move. We resolved it internally so no post was made.

Cheers.

I haven't quit, but I did log out the other night in middle of TZ3 when SGTHENNING decided it would be okay to pull back 5 towns to reinforce Laon, taking away the chance to AO Chaumont or any neighboring towns.

Even Central command is pulling this crap.

I haven't quit, but I did log out the other night in middle of TZ3 when SGTHENNING decided it would be okay to pull back 5 towns to reinforce Laon, taking away the chance to AO Chaumont or any neighboring towns.

Even Central command is pulling this crap.

This thread is about the new Patch not about TZ3 moves. If we want to keep it open take it elsewhere.

Not sure I would pick all the HCs on both sides, who are mainly persons who care for the well being of the game and want to ensure that there's always someone on to push the buttons, and put them in the "kindergartners" basket. A bit of a harsh comment from an ex-cinc imho...

For all the stories I've seen about this crap, not once in AHC I've seen someone do it while I was online or talk about doing it. Not once. I've seen a lot of superior officers telling us NOT to do it and to be fair play though...

The problematic period is when I'm not online, that's true. But still...

It is a fact that it has happened frequently over the past month because I have seen it with my own eyes, but I agree with you they are not kindergartners. They are just guys who care about their side's results in the game and they are doing the most the can to help their side win. It is human nature. Some of the guys are experts at pushing the edge of what they can get away with too without getting disciplined. :) This is why we need to modify the rule.

Edited by krazydog

This thread is about the new Patch not about TZ3 moves. If we want to keep it open take it elsewhere.

Yes, you are right of course. I am done commenting on other topic here.

Cheers

I installed the Beta today no problemo. Worked fine. Just clicked BETA and then play and it downloaded by itself and installed no prob.

However, the Beta is down ATM

I hope the update works better than the beta. I STILL CANNOT GET THE BETA TO WORK! :D

I take it you have downloaded the Beta client?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0