• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

Preparing for The next Patch !!!! Now Finished !!!!!

335 posts in this topic

Lol I took off work today, excited about the new patch. Totally pwned. We JUST got up a nice little brawl in Ramsgat on the beta server, so that was a little satisfaction.

What does reload playgate mean? Uninstall it? My download of the patch quir at .01 mb left. WTF?

the Rats are working their butts off right now.

Remember there's more to this than simply "the patch."

This game has not had anything like this in a very long time and it needs to be done right. This opens a ton more doors for us a whole.

Beta server is up so go there and shoot.

Eta on main server? Getting teul_ERROR.

None of my game clients work, real game old, real game patched, and the beta.

I'm using the mac. Are servers all down? Do I need a new mac beta?

Mac needs a new client, not good to go yet.

oh put the pom pom's down already............if you can joke around here.........then where?

I appreciated you humor canukplf. It made me chuckle out loud. I think CRS is just trying to recover from the stench of all the dead bodied that were buried in the code over the past 3.5+ years. Probably had to call in a HAZMAT team late last night and it took quite a while to clean it up. Don't worry they will recover...wait for it...sooooon.

tried the beta Server,.... lost most of my ranks :/

i really hope i will get them back after the main server is back online..

Edited by kushsan

Thought the US was going to have Stu's in their ToE? none in the beta for them. Those stars make great aiming points. That's why the germans quit putting the cross in the center of the hull after poland.

XOOM did the incorrect slope modifier on the sherman front armor get corrected in this update? You mentioned you found it. Just want to know if it got fixed.

Thought the US was going to have Stu's in their ToE? none in the beta for them. Those stars make great aiming points. That's why the germans quit putting the cross in the center of the hull after poland.

i don't think their bad cause their "aim points", but they break camo.

the US white star in a bold circle is practically a neon sign saying "tank here! kill me here!"

i wonder, can the squad decals cover them?

What does reload playgate mean? Uninstall it? My download of the patch quir at .01 mb left. WTF?

Just run it again and the download will hopefully be there (in fact, you can check your `Documents/Battleground Europe` folder and it should be there if it actually completed), and there's also a direct link in the first post of this thread. (Something we've discovered in the last few months is that Playgate is buggy as hell, but unfortunately there were tons of more pressing issues for this first patch so Playgate has been pretty much untouched.)

tried the beta Server,.... lost most of my ranks :/

i really hope i will get them back after the main server is back online..

The beta server's information is at least a few weeks old now, so don't worry about if your rank is outdated on there. :)

I think CRS is just trying to recover from the stench of all the dead bodied that were buried in the code over the past 3.5+ years. Probably had to call in a HAZMAT team late last night and it took quite a while to clean it up.

Well to give a little technical sitrep, the problem is we reached a point where we couldn't trust the outdated OS/etc.: We were having a semi-random memory corruption issue that we might have been able to track down and fix, but the fact that the beta server hasn't had any sort of crashes for the several weeks we've had it running made us decide that it was best to just bite the bullet and update the OS/libraries/etc. on the live cluster.

The big time-consumer here is copying the database: There's a lot of information in there, and a lot of different systems rely on it being being set up exactly the way it is even if, technically, we probably don't need to know about vehicles variants that haven't been in the game since 2003.

So here we were, and the options are rebuild live or make the beta into the new live. As nice as the latter sounds sounds, unfortunately it would still involve that DB copy: The information on beta is weeks out of date, and since it isn't hooked up to a lot of other systems (stats, etc.) we skipped a lot of the larger but not-necessary-to-get-things-running-now data. Since that would mean we have literally nothing running during that long copy, we've opted to upgrade the campaign server itself and leave the beta running for players to play on.

(On a side note, technically the beta is configured as a training server right now. No guarantee it will stick around for long once the campaign is up, but take that as a sign of things to come. ;) )

Macs don't have access to the beta right? Are we outta luck for now? GJ Rats, stoked to see the game moving on up! S!

Well I feel like part of history... we are witnessing the revival of our love affair with rats! Good Bless you guys, I been subbed since 2003 and this is THE game to play, get that steam green light approval and flood this masterpiece with fresh juuuuicy blood so I can feel like I am back, then more than a decade agooo gogogogo! S!

I DEMAND IT!

Edited by carlos83

Thanks for the birthday present/ got to play in Beta! That was fun! Although I still hate that beddy truck! grrrrrrr! I liked playing the game on my birthday!

Thanks Again!

S!:)

Well I feel like part of history... we are witnessing the revival of our love affair with rats! Good Bless you guys, I been subbed since 2003 and this is THE game to play, get that steam green light approval and flood this masterpiece with fresh juuuuicy blood so I can feel like I am back, then more than a decade agooo gogogogo! S!

I DEMAND IT!

The game is already greenlit we are good to go there!

Steam Sucks. Steam is invasive. That's all this resource hungry game needs is another program running in the background.

Steam Sucks. Steam is invasive. That's all this resource hungry game needs is another program running in the background.

No, this is not true at all.

C.

You won't need to be on steam for playing WWIIOL, as far as I understood from the Rats.

You won't need to be on steam for playing WWIIOL' date=' as far as I understood from the Rats.[/quote']

Correct.

Server still off!! =(

I also CAN'T download the full installer!! it's failed several times!

I'm kind of mad with that!

Can you CRS upload the full installer at some good link please???

We should at least have some pics of XOOM pulling his hair out by now. I want to see some evidence that they are not all on a boat to Cuba laughing and smoking cigars.

This has actually tuned into a classic epic CRS fiasco, one for the ages =D

Though the one update that actually erased peoples' hard drives was the best one.

Soon-er-er

Edited by fallsjager

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0