Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuzzycoco

New Patch for Mac

67 posts in this topic

I'm still getting the same error once it tries to DL the patch. How about some instructions on how to get this to work?

Are you on 10.9 at least?

Logged in with admin rights ?

Pretty sure most macs can boot off external drive; have to check to be sure but could be an option

Yes they can, no need to check. Stupid me I didnt think about this work around earlier.

Delems,

Please if you could goto

redmine.playnet.com and register and submit this issue so that we can look into it.

i tried to register, pending admin approval

my email starts with rmuginov

tons of bugs to report

Here you guys go! The latest MAC client!

http://downloads.playnet.com/wwiiol_1.34.11.255.dmg

Thank you for waiting!

At least two issues which could be fixed in 5 mins but greatly improve user experience.

1) Get the damned code signing right.

2) Add the Mac OS X Deployment target 10.9 so game would correctly warn user if run on pre-10.9 systems instead of crashing. AFAIC, if you set deployment target 10_6 it still might compile and work on 10_6 as i honestly doubt you guys used anything 10.9 specific. It might be just compilation issue.

I can't install those operating systems on my machine. time to cancel subscription and get on with life......

Like Delems suggested, you could create a boot disk on a partition of your HD or on an external one that holds 10.9 or upwards and boot from that one just to run the game.

Or wait til they potentially fix it cause like Rum says I doubt there was anything specifically used in it that requires 10.9 upwards.

i tried to register, pending admin approval

my email starts with rmuginov

tons of bugs to report

Approval granted this morning.

Made a 10.10 external boot disk and the game now works.

So anyone with less than 10.9 this is a workaround option.

I'm on a 2009 MBPro so not the most recent hardware either including integrated graphics card which weren't supported already on last ww2ol version but the game works.

Made a 10.10 external boot disk and the game now works.

So anyone with less than 10.9 this is a workaround option.

I'm on a 2009 MBPro so not the most recent hardware either including integrated graphics card which weren't supported already on last ww2ol version but the game works.

The integrated graphics is about Windows now Mac :)

But, still can't CMD-H out of game to desktop and back? I go back to game from desktop and it won't activate, game won't respond anymore.

I get that too, funny cause on previous version CMD-H worked.

I also have my chat bar replace itself each time I spawn back in somewhere left of the screen so I have to manually drag it back in the middle.

I get that too, funny cause on previous version CMD-H worked.

I also have my chat bar replace itself each time I spawn back in somewhere left of the screen so I have to manually drag it back in the middle.

Don't even try to use Command-H on Mac, it would lock the game so you'd have to force-quit it.

Instead I found Option-Tab does work for me (with minor annoying bug though - if you just opt-tab back it you'd get game screen but previous application menu bar atop. You do need to mouse-click the game window to get it full screen after option-Tab).

Don't even try to use Command-H on Mac, it would lock the game so you'd have to force-quit it.

Instead I found Option-Tab does work for me (with minor annoying bug though - if you just opt-tab back it you'd get game screen but previous application menu bar atop. You do need to mouse-click the game window to get it full screen after option-Tab).

Yes that's alright, just thought it to be strange that the former version didn't allow opt-tab and you had to opt-H and now opt-H just freezes the game.

Any clue about my chat window bug? It's annoying as hell, everytime I spawn back into game it is situated to the left of my screen and I have to re-drag it to the middle.

Yes that's alright, just thought it to be strange that the former version didn't allow opt-tab and you had to opt-H and now opt-H just freezes the game.

Any clue about my chat window bug? It's annoying as hell, everytime I spawn back into game it is situated to the left of my screen and I have to re-drag it to the middle.

Marcus, no idea about chat window, sorry, I do not observe it.

Do you use different resolution for the game and for your "normal" work? If yes then perhaps when switching resolution game tries to "adjust" chat location although noone ask it for it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0