Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
traveler

Latest Patch/update News For Mac users

18 posts in this topic

I know there is info posted on other threads like:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=456087

however this is the Mac Support section, so...

As of this post they are concentrating on getting the campaign server up and running.

The beta server works for windows users only at this time.

They have several dedicated people working on the Mac client.

Once the campaign server is live (for windows) the Mac client will follow "shortly" thereafter.

I would like to humbly suggest updates for Mac users get a post here in the support section since this is where most may start for answers (especially new users to the forums).

It's okay to ask us to be patient. But I also think it's okay to ask for an update at the very least every 24 hours. I usually pop into Teamspeak and ask around, but I'm sure that gets old for both the asking party and CRS guys. Maybe I'm out of line for this post, that's not my intention. Only wanting a one stop shop for Mac users to get news while we are anxiously waiting to get back in the game.

I would also humbly suggest that people would reframe from "commenting" or going into "discussion mode" here. Please limit it to mac update news only please.

Sincerely,

Traveler

~

~

~

~

~

Edited by traveler

Once the campaign server is live (for windows) the Mac client will follow "shortly" thereafter.

Shortly like this week? Or by the end of the year?

So, if us mac clients cannot log in, are we going to get credit for the days we cannot? I've paid already for my subscription but since I cannot play, I hope CRS compensates me in some way.

I'm guessing within the next 24-48 hours?

But I'm not really the one to ask. And no CRS is responding to this thread.

For the MAC guys. We needed to take a break been going none stop since Wed. The server is up and campaign is now live. So now we can focus on the MAC build.

For the MAC guys. We needed to take a break been going none stop since Wed. The server is up and campaign is now live. So now we can focus on the MAC build.

Do you recommend Mac users to use wineskin to play the game?

====

The server is up and campaign is now live.

====

This doesn't help at all. I know you worked hard, but all that hard work means nothing to me if I can't get in game.

thanks Zach. Even though it isn't pleasant to be blocked from playing (I have a day off today and would have loved to get into the game for a bit), it's easier to take when we get good, timely communications about what has happened, is happening, and will happen (soon). :)

Really appreciate all the work you guys have been doing, and especially appreciate you guys taking time to keep us updated. It helps a lot.

S!

thanks Zach. Even though it isn't pleasant to be blocked from playing (I have a day off today and would have loved to get into the game for a bit), it's easier to take when we get good, timely communications about what has happened, is happening, and will happen (soon). :)

Really appreciate all the work you guys have been doing, and especially appreciate you guys taking time to keep us updated. It helps a lot.

S!

Thanks for the kind words. We are all trying our best and working many hours to get this going!

can't you just run the pc one on bootcamp ?

The problem with bootcamp is resources. It's better to partition drive and set up a duel boot system = boot up OS X or Windows = all resources will be available.

I am running the game on an iMac. I use the Mac side and Bootcamp. No problems with using bootcamp noted.

iMac Info:

• iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
  • MAC OS: 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
  • PC OS: Windows 7 home edition
  • Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

I am running the game on an iMac. I use the Mac side and Bootcamp. No problems with using bootcamp noted.

iMac Info:

• iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
  • MAC OS: 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
  • PC OS: Windows 7 home edition
  • Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

That's good to know. I'm on a MacBook Pro and tried it in 2010 and it sucked. I discovered that the bootcamp side of things was not able to use all the processor resources. However, on an iMac you've got a bit more power.

I'm going to look into it since you are able to run it fine. Do you happen to use the TS overlay?

That's good to know. I'm on a MacBook Pro and tried it in 2010 and it sucked. I discovered that the bootcamp side of things was not able to use all the processor resources. However, on an iMac you've got a bit more power.

I'm going to look into it since you are able to run it fine. Do you happen to use the TS overlay?

The TS overlay works fine also under Bootcamp.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0