Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

New Willytee Stayin Alive

19 posts in this topic

Noob itself is a derogatory term. Usually used with disdain and in a dismissive tone in most cases. While these videos themselves are informative and humorous, in some ways, they actually point towards one of the main underlying issues that some of the player base has and how some of the core group can vet people from actually continuing to play. I also find the gay references to be highly distasteful and could drive some players away from the game. It could have been done much more tastefully and professionally. The fact that a Cornered Rat is actually posting it kind of gives it official ramifications which is a little surprising and a little disheartening. If you want to see how it is handled professionally watch some of wargaming.net (World of Tanks etc.) tutorials for new players with Do's and Don'ts.

Willy's cartoons are satire about the game and the forums. All in good fun and in no way meant to be anything but humor pertaining to the above. A lot of times referring to stuff in OT.

Willy's cartoons are satire about the game and the forums. All in good fun and in no way meant to be anything but humor pertaining to the above. A lot of times referring to stuff in OT.

Honestly, I doubt fallsjager is serious about waving the rainbow flag here.

Honestly' date=' I doubt fallsjager is serious about waving the rainbow flag here.[/quote']

Was not in reply to fallsjager, he's been OT inoculated.

I didn't exactly write it this way, this is version 2 of a set of quick guidelines for new players to learn I wrote in something like 2003-2004, and enlisted WillyTee to illustrate them.

Don't know if they are hosted anywhere anymore otherwise I would link them. Xoom's links was the last place I knew about.

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=419918

Willy I think wanted to play with his new animation toys and resurrected the old lessons to learn.

Originally the idea was to do stayin alive like the disco song, but too many licensing problems, so he went with the Private Bieber meme.

The originals WERE pithy and short B2K, as they were designed for new guys needing to orient to our complex and lethal environment.

Was not in reply to fallsjager' date=' he's been OT inoculated.[/quote']

What is this OT you keep referring to?

A-Qmweg-5Bw

I couldn't understand half the lyrics. If people would sing clearly, to be understood, rather than trying to be "cool," their songs would be much better.

Wvl8AW9aOOA

Just sayin'...

-Irish

I couldn't understand half the lyrics. If people would sing clearly, to be understood, rather than trying to be "cool," their songs would be much better.

Wvl8AW9aOOA

Just sayin'...

-Irish

I have a "southern" accent, never thought of it as cool. It's just the way I am :)

You likely can't understand this one either.

2tpSkVJF7-8

Edited by oldzeke

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0