Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lordgaben

Active Battles Tab needs adjustment

8 posts in this topic

It's a great improvement over picking through the awful brigade screen but I just noticed on the axis side that there are about eight defensive missions listed, but neither of the two offensive missions with FRUs are there.

What is the criteria for placement, # of players? I think some value should be assigned to FRUs so missions with infantry spawns get on the list and near the top. It would be even better if the server could read how far the FRU is away from target and value that as well, close FRUs being highly rated.

Edited by lordgaben

Our spec was to get mobile spawn's to populate to the top of the list, attacks by priority, defense by secondary, and which ever had more population to the top. Then to dynamically change as each mission (tactical situation) evolves. Did you lose the ms? Is it less populated than it was?

I was literally writing up a message just now to VICTARUS that we need to review this more. Some tweaking is needed for sure.

Glad you like it, so far we've had nothing but great feedback.

Yeah, it looks like there's a bug in the logic. Unfortunately players didn't really participate in the open beta — the bad logic only becomes apparent if there are enough missions to start cutting out others — so we didn't see the problem before now.

Fortunately all the logic is hostside, so we can fix it without requiring a new patch. No idea when the next good time for a deployment will be, but the fix will probably go out then. :)

Actually, I think it would be better if all missions were listed. It would be a lot easier to find FRUs called out on side chat.

There's some back and forth in the menu with the active battles tab now. Sometimes you can't create a mission because you are not in a brigade, even though you think you are in a brigade. Not a biggie, we will get used to it.

Great feature though. Best feature of this patch together with the FB change.

Edited by pulverapa

Would be cool if HC can appoint 1 AO and 1 DO as our P1s and get the missions to the top of the ABT.

Might be an idea to place a mission at the ABT when it is promoted on the open channels

Took me some time yesterday to get to our P1 attack because i expected it in the ABT, but it wasn't even listed, so had to go to the brigade screen to join the mission.

Yep, found the bug. I got all the missions in a nice little sorted list, and then immediately proceeded to start at the wrong end of the list when sending the info out to clients. Oops! :D

A fix is ready and should be deployed sometime in the next week.

Yep, found the bug. I got all the missions in a nice little sorted list, and then immediately proceeded to start at the wrong end of the list when sending the info out to clients. Oops! :D

A fix is ready and should be deployed sometime in the next week.

DESC man..... DESC...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0