Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
drill

Light green Depot names

drill

They tell me I am a little color blind to some hues

When I try to make a mission I have to zoom all the way in click on and try to find and read the spawnable Depot name. So through the clutter of building and Light green depots on a green map its is really hard for me to see name on depot.

I laughed at myself yesterday when I was capping a depot and found out I was not in spawnable.

Heck I capped it anyways just to draw enemy into the town. I thought to myself if HC was watching what I was doing they would be scratching there heads. After capping that depot I said what the heck and jumped into another non spawnable depot and capped that one. About that time HC took the AO off the town. Or maybe game took an AO away because I did not know what I was doing. Oh well it was a good laugh on my part.

But in making mission now I am finding it harder to see the depots name.

Regards,

drill

tomppeli2k

isnt spawnable always the one which is linked to the town you are attacking FROM?

stonecomet
isnt spawnable always the one which is linked to the town you are attacking FROM?

I believe that is correct. Any depots in a town a side is attacking that have links to towns that the attacking side owns are known as spawnables as far as I know. Meaning, if that depot is captured then the attacking side can create a mission within that depot in the town being attacked. I suspect you know this already. The issue the OP is discussing is that sometimes the depots are arranged in a fashion that does not make it obvious which one is linked to the attacking town or towns. The author of the OP has difficulties with reading the pop up text that appears when a player hovers their cursor over the depot because of it's light green color. I think he is suggesting that either the color is deepened to a darker green or changed to a more legible color. I have a little trouble as well, but my squint factor usually resolves this. A more visible text in this case would be a welcome change.

drill
I believe that is correct. Any depots in a town a side is attacking that have links to towns that the attacking side owns are known as spawnables as far as I know. Meaning' date=' if that depot is captured then the attacking side can create a mission within that depot in the town being attacked. I suspect you know this already. The issue the OP is discussing is that sometimes the depots are arranged in a fashion that does not make it obvious which one is linked to the attacking town or towns. The author of the OP has difficulties with reading the pop up text that appears when a player hovers their cursor over the depot because of it's light green color. I think he is suggesting that either the color is deepened to a darker green or changed to a more legible color. I have a little trouble as well, but my squint factor usually resolves this. A more visible text in this case would be a welcome change.[/quote']

Thanks,

drill

stonecomet

Just as a follow up. The highlighted depot names appear to me as a light tan color not a green color. I have a friend who is color blind and he has told me that males have a propensity to be slightly color blind in the green spectrum. It looks like it is more of a tan color for you. In any case the text could use some improvements to make itself more legible. S!

drill

Well still having problem seeing Depot names when setting missions; but CRS has more to do than recode colors for depots.

Here is my work around but it takes a little more time and when in the middle of a battle it seems like every spawn delay second or game enter-face counts. "But it's just a game"

What I do is click a depot and see the name on the mission menu. If I got the spawn-able than great.

Regards,

drill

usmfan08

in the map, you can uncheck certain parts of the legend to declutter the map, works if you're trying to .own a factory and the bridge icon is sitting over the factory icon.

jwilly

About 8% of males of primarily northern European ancestry are "red-green colorblind".

Red-green colorblind persons can't see deep dark reds at all; see some purples as blues and some oranges as yellows or browns; and are unable to distinguish some browns/tans from greens, and other browns from reds.

Sensible armies don't send red-green colorblind persons into combat roles...they filter them out during intake testing, and either reject them entirely or use them in behind-the-lines roles.

Gaming companies that don't want to cut themselves off from 8% of their potential market may want to take a different approach, such as not approving the art-output of non-colorblind artists and producers until a red-green colorblind person has OKed it.

OTOH, that'd be a lot of extra trouble, and CRS has plenty of customers. There's no need to worry about a paltry eight percent. 8^)

(Yes, this has been brought to CRS's attention many times over the years, but game artists and producers rarely are red-green colorblind so I guess they tend to forget.)

drill
About 8% of males of primarily northern European ancestry are "red-green colorblind".

Red-green colorblind persons can't see deep dark reds at all; see some purples as blues and some oranges as yellows or browns; and are unable to distinguish some browns/tans from greens, and other browns from reds.

Sensible armies don't send red-green colorblind persons into combat roles...they filter them out during intake testing, and either reject them entirely or use them in behind-the-lines roles.

Gaming companies that don't want to cut themselves off from 8% of their potential market may want to take a different approach, such as not approving the art-output of non-colorblind artists and producers until a red-green colorblind person has OKed it.

OTOH, that'd be a lot of extra trouble, and CRS has plenty of customers. There's no need to worry about a paltry eight percent. 8^)

(Yes, this has been brought to CRS's attention many times over the years, but game artists and producers rarely are red-green colorblind so I guess they tend to forget.)

I have resubed to this game on and off for years; one thing I do notice with other games is that they do cater to colorblind people. They do this by putting a tab up that says "colorblind"

Clink the tab can your aiming recital turns blue.

This is a small hindrance for me because of the Hues colorblindness that I have. It does make me wonder if it is a small deal and as said in above post 8 % of males have a small problem with color blindness in hues; why do other games put a check box in setting to help the 8% and not CRS? Is it that time consuming to change a color code in programming and put a check box in settings? Since I don't know how this game is coded and how much work it would take; I would just say I can deal with it and put your resources to better use. You don't need to help color deprived people.

Love,

drill

xolt

Drill, I think you need more fiber in your diet.

Sign in to follow this