Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fallsjager

CRS: Problem that makes new increased Fb take down damage moot

10 posts in this topic

You can drive a truck right up to an empty fb with one or more sappers and the truck will endlessly supply satchels without having to make a fru.

Doesn't this make the increased damage to down a Fb now moot?

You can drive a truck right up to an empty fb with one or more sappers and the truck will endlessly supply satchels without having to make a fru.

It still takes time. One or more persons checking the fb for damage should be able to react quickly enough.

This could have been done at any point with the previous settings. Having the FB damage threshold increased remains valuable and under close observation.

Our goal is to make attacks last longer because that is when the game is at its best. Attacks = good for business. A great FB battle = good for business.

3 guys knocking out an FB in 10 seconds flat destroying the game for hundreds = bad for business.

And this is a problem because.... ?

Then again, getting a whole two people to work together on one thing is too much teamwork for most people these days.

Once upon a time people guarded FBs. I suppose back when that still happened, it wouldn't have been moot. Too little, too late?

This could have been done at any point with the previous settings. Having the FB damage threshold increased remains valuable and under close observation.

Our goal is to make attacks last longer because that is when the game is at its best. Attacks = good for business. A great FB battle = good for business.

3 guys knocking out an FB in 10 seconds flat destroying the game for hundreds = bad for business.

Can you do this...

Make FB take damage in a way that it would again be viable for it to accept damage from bombs and HE or the 37mm and up variety?

Back in the day FB took damage from everything bigger than a hand grenade

The good part was, everyone and their grandma was trying to shoot the FB's, which in turn cause the same effect for the defenders.

People spawning in to try can get some kills.

Now we have deployable structures to help with defense too.

(course you do have to deploy them)

The bad part is the damage threshold was too low, and it only took a few 75mm HE or a couple bombs and it was over.

If it could have lasted long enough for it to be a fight though...

As for the OP

If I guy can drive a truck right into the middle of the FB, while another guy

runs back and forth rearming, and no one contests them with any reasonable measure, said FB was lost anyways.

Only takes one defender to end that scenario.

Cut down the sapper, and if it doesn't bail out fast enough, add a bonus truck kill to it.

Can you do this...

Make FB take damage in a way that it would again be viable for it to accept damage from bombs and HE or the 37mm and up variety?

This has been a long time want of mine, but I think it only is viable if the FB can be repaired. Last thing we want is a Tiger 2km from the FB lobbing HE at our FB. Tough to defend...

Can you do this...

Back in the day FB took damage from everything bigger than a hand grenade.

You should know this better than anyone, DOC.

Oh sorry, this is your "Totally Not Doc Account." Whoops.

I kinda like amount of damage that FB take, while AO last. Problem are FB`s in zones that there is no AO. As i said online, that can be solved by lowering minimal distance of MS to FB, get it down to like 50m so single or 2 sappers would replenish charges and lower solo bust down to 5-10 as it was before minutes instead of 30+ as it is now.

From point of defense this make no difference, if u attacking defending FB u wont set close MS, u will go at least 500-600m from it to be able to attack properly.

I belive that with this we can have best part of old and new system, long AO`s and fast calm busts, which will eventualy lead to more AO`s.

you may think that this would be the case but I can attest that it is not the case and if I never have "Gretnine" interrupt me as I blow an Allied FB Again I will be very happy.

You should know this better than anyone, DOC.

Oh sorry, this is your "Totally Not Doc Account." Whoops.

I've always suspected that, but wouldn't it be a hoot if it isn't?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0