Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonecomet

Why are we allowed to play with 2 accounts at the same time?

58 posts in this topic

I think the reason we are allowed to have more than one account active at one time is because of the smaller player base we have. Honestly, it just feels like cheating and gaming the system to me. You can't get a tow, tough. You can't set up a pre-camp and play elsewhere. Even better. You can't be in two place at one time, hmmm sounds a bit too realistic to me (#sarcasm). CRS you can just take my second "towing account" away. I'll never use it.

I'm hoping one day in the near future, when we get a larger player base, that you will take this "feature" away. It just doesn't sit right with me. I'm not worried about spies. I'm more concerned with players on the same side being in two places at one time. And please for the games sake get rid of warping. I use this one currently, but I think I'm just going to abstain from now on as it doesn't feel right at all, regardless of how my fellow allies think about it.

We need to start thinking of solutions, changes and improvements that facilitate large populations over smaller ones and get ourselves ready for Steam release and that means removing some of these gamey aspects that turn off a significant amount of players.

AS i told a CRS and a HS 2 funnie ,u can haves 2 accs an MOOR, an sad tings if u ar a cheet u can run 1 ALLID an 1 AXXIS samse timse witch i tink is so FUBARS,,,,,, but it is tru.

PS i do havse mult acc i pay for but i DO NOT play thams is is 4 helpin out peeps tath can no aford tis dam gamse but loves it:)

I'm a fanatic extremist defending the 2 pay accounts for a player, I have my tow (esbirro250) and, even tough the beginnings are difficult, when you get used to it, and only if you have a good pc that can support both accounts, you have unlimited possibilities:

1.- Guarding at the same time 2 ab bunkers or any combination of important places (docks, spawnables, FB etc...) when it's needed. To do this you have to be the type of player who can sit somewhere guarding it for hours.

2.- Add your tow as crew member (specially good in planes and ships)

3.- Tow you anywhere fast at any moment.

4.- Use mortar with your main account with the unlimited ammo that your tow gives you (I love to do this).

5.- Blow an FB alone in kamikaze missions (opel+sapper, also very fun), when the map is boring you can just play to blow any undefended FB in the map.

6.- Set your own fru fast (opel+infantry) and then capture at double speed with both accounts.

There are many more things but these are the main I use to do. Now I never log in only my main account, I'd be missing too much.

S!

Edited by abe250

AS i told a CRS and a HS 2 funnie ,u can haves 2 accs an MOOR, an sad tings if u ar a cheet u can run 1 ALLID an 1 AXXIS samse timse witch i tink is so FUBARS,,,,,, but it is tru.

PS i do havse mult acc i pay for but i DO NOT play thams is is 4 helpin out peeps tath can no aford tis dam gamse but loves it:)

I'd advise against running duel accts on both sides. You will get caught and banned.

It is monitored.

As to having 2nd accts or more, it's fine. Just keep them on the same side.

OLDZEKE as u sarroiuse i can no evan play tha jvr1959 wit out gattin me ass hannadaded 2 me lat alonse, PLEEZE wat u sains , gamse is still FUBAR in taht wa an U NO IT it is RONG I NO IT ,but PEEPS DO IT an it SUKS

ps CRS tha post i mak at drak1 is FXXad up U need fix THA BS in gamse S! JVR1959 :mad:

Are you seriously suggesting that people play the game... fairly?

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

No I'm not new here and yes that is exactly what I am suggesting. I'm sure it will ruffle feathers. Lot's of folks play the same side with dual accounts. It is probably one of those issues that is the genie already out of the bottle and until CRS gets enough players and funding they will never be able to change it. It's just my opinion on the matter. I don't really expect everyone to play fairly, I just expect CRS to do more to remove any kind of gaming issues within the game that might turn off prospective players.

But what is wrong with playing 2 accounts if you always play for the same side?, do you see this as something unfair?, if so, tell me why please.

S!

Ever since the great depression here, i dont see a problem using 2 accounts for the same team. I use it for either 1 ML, and 1 DD for navy, or 2 MLs, or even a spotter and a DD / Bomber, its quite fun actually! Though I don't do it 24/7, i usually pull the alt up when full dedication comes in play. 2 accounts is fine, aslong as they're on the same team. I would see a problem with more than 2. Because if someone wanted to, he can set up 20 accounts, and control then at the same time using one keyboard and mouse.

But what is wrong with playing 2 accounts if you always play for the same side?, do you see this as something unfair?, if so, tell me why please.

S!

I see it as unfair because a single player should not be allowed to be in two places at one time in a competitive environment, at least not in a realistically simulated environment like WWII online, even if they are on the same side. If being in two places at one time was part of a games inherent design like some fantasy game then maybe. Or if all players in the game had this ability.

I don't deny that being in two places at the same time or towing your own anti tank gun is fun for many and it would be difficult for many if this was ever taken away. It would kind of be like having a favorite toy taken away. I could even accept it if the two simultaneous accounts were used strictly as towing accounts, but even then it takes away from the teamwork aspect of the game. I'd rather any equipment that needs to be towed to have a key that would switch the player into an appearing towing vehicle from the supply list and then return to the supply list when the player presses a key to enter the anti tank gun without having to resort to a separate account. So simulated realism has it's limits in a game environment and we could argue all day about what constitutes good simulated realism. My point is only that a player should not be allowed to be in two places at one time in this type of game play environment that is all.

I also understand that the two account system was put in place as a stop gap measure for overall low game population and also as an award for a higher tiered subscription. But since the additional account awarded at a higher subscription rate or if allowed for two premium subscriptions gives the player an advantage over a player that does not pay the additional amount or in a case of two premium subscriptions then it makes the game a bit like pay to win in some respects. I have never used dual accounts simultaneously, so I am asking the question about how they are used and whether they are good for the game overall or not.

Something about it personally does not sit right in my mind. Maybe it is just me and my own idiosyncrasies. I have a pretty good rig with a 3.4Ghz quad core processor and an Nvidia GEforece GTX 970 graphics card along with 16GB of DDR3 memory so it is not about my inability to use it or my trying to level the playing field to my level since I could run two if I wanted to. I just don't want to and think it is not going to be good for the game, generally, if we ever get the population to grow significantly.

Edited by stonecomet

I see it as unfair because a single player should not be allowed to be in two places at one time in a competitive environment, at least not in a realistically simulated environment like WWII online, even if they are on the same side. If being in two places at one time was part of a games inherent design like some fantasy game then maybe. Or if all players in the game had this ability.

I don't deny that being in two places at the same time or towing your own anti tank gun is fun for many and it would be difficult for many if this was ever taken away. It would kind of be like having a favorite toy taken away. I could even accept it if the two simultaneous accounts were used strictly as towing accounts, but even then it takes away from the teamwork aspect of the game. I'd rather any equipment that needs to be towed to have a key that would switch the player into an appearing towing vehicle from the supply list and then return to the supply list when the player presses a key to enter the anti tank gun without having to resort to a separate account. So simulated realism has it's limits in a game environment and we could argue all day about what constitutes good simulated realism. My point is only that a player should not be allowed to be in two places at one time in this type of game play environment that is all.

I also understand that the two account system was put in place as a stop gap measure for overall low game population and also as an award for a higher tiered subscription. But since the additional account awarded at a higher subscription rate or if allowed for two premium subscriptions gives the player an advantage over a player that does not pay the additional amount or in a case of two premium subscriptions then it makes the game a bit like pay to win in some respects. I have never used dual accounts simultaneously, so I am asking the question about how they are used and whether they are good for the game overall or not.

Something about it personally does not sit right in my mind. Maybe it is just me and my own idiosyncrasies. I have a pretty good rig with a 3.4Ghz quad core processor and an Nvidia GEforece GTX 970 graphics card along with 16GB of DDR3 memory so it is not about my inability to use it or my trying to level the playing field to my level since I could run two if I wanted to. I just don't want to and think it is not going to be good for the game, generally, if we ever get the population to grow significantly.

So when my wife logs on, I have to logoff because you can't handle it?

Both accounts bill back to the same spot, and player info........ (so to anything it would appear to be 2 accounts)

I'd tell you what you could do with yourself, but then I'd have to issue myself a forum ban..

Edited by b2k

Are you seriously suggesting that people play the game... fairly?

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Guilty conscience, much?

Cheaters will always exist, but I don't think it is as prevalent as you suggest.

So when my wife logs on, I have to logoff because you can't handle it?

Both accounts bill back to the same spot, and player info........ (so to anything it would appear to be 2 accounts)

I'd tell you what you could do with yourself, but then I'd have to issue myself a forum ban..

You know that is not what I am talking about. I have no issue with you and your wife playing the game at the same time. I'm curious why it angers you to such a point that you feel comfortable in your passive aggressive way in attacking me. Your counter argument is off base and not really what I am talking about here. I wonder how you would respond if we were sitting in the same room discussing the issue. I guess you would then be able to tell me what to do with myself. These types of counter productive arguments and threatening language are part of why the game struggles. If you have a point you can make it in a much more productive way than this. I'm sorry I offended you in some way and I hope you are able to get past my concern for the use of dual accounts by the same person.

If your suggesting that CRS would be unable to implement this because of someone using two different devices at the same IP address then just say so. However, I think technology has reached a point where the two separate devices could be identified as opposed to a single device at the same IP using dual accounts. I suspect your issue with me is actually unrelated to you and your spouse's ability to play the same game at the same time. Could you please explain how it is that I offended you so deeply so I can address the issue and apologize.

Edited by stonecomet

You know that is not what I am talking about. I have no issue with you and your wife playing the game at the same time. I'm curious why it angers you to such a point that you feel comfortable in your passive aggressive way in attacking me. Your counter argument is off base and not really what I am talking about here. I wonder how you would respond if we were sitting in the same room discussing the issue. I guess you would then be able to tell me what to do with myself. These types of counter productive arguments and threatening language are part of why the game struggles. If you have a point you can make it in a much more productive way than this. I'm sorry I offended you in some way and I hope you are able to get past my concern for the use of dual accounts by the same person.

If your suggesting that CRS would be unable to implement this because of someone using two different devices at the same IP address then just say so. However, I think technology has reached a point where the two separate devices could be identified as opposed to a single device at the same IP using dual accounts. I suspect your issue with me is actually unrelated to you and your spouse's ability to play the same game at the same time. Could you please explain how it is that I offended you so deeply so I can address the issue and apologize.

If I'm paying the bill on both, as far as CRS is concerned (or can tell) the accounts are the "same person" regardless of who logsin to use them. Same billed name, payment info, billing address, etc.... -- so while I "know" what you're talking about, you are overlooking the fact that as long as it's a username/password system the accounts can be anyone. I know some players who support 8-10 paid accounts (for a variety of reasons ranging from helping others who cannot currently afford a sub, to maintaining a squad account for general usage), should those players be unable to use their paid accounts simply because one or more of them may possibly go afk while leaving an account in game at some random FB (intentionally or not). Based on your initial post and subsequent follow up all of these accounts (and players) would no longer be usable in game. Your gripe completely overlooks this aspect of dual account usage.

If you personally don't want to use multiple account(s) in game, then don't. It's really that simple. The ability to have 2 (or more) has been around since the game launched (I'd wager it's similar in any subscription based game), only recently was the intentional distribution of an additional account included in a pricing package (hero account) incentive.

Edited by b2k

If I'm paying the bill on both, as far as CRS is concerned (or can tell) the accounts are the "same person" regardless of who logsin to use them. Same billed name, payment info, billing address, etc.... -- so while I "know" what you're talking about, you are overlooking the fact that as long as it's a username/password system the accounts can be anyone. I know some players who support 8-10 paid accounts (for a variety of reasons ranging from helping others who cannot currently afford a sub, to maintaining a squad account for general usage), should those players be unable to use their paid accounts simply because one or more of them may possibly go afk while leaving an account in game at some random FB (intentionally or not). Based on your initial post and subsequent follow up all of these accounts (and players) would no longer be usable in game. Your gripe completely overlooks this aspect of dual account usage.

If you personally don't want to use multiple account(s) in game, then don't. It's really that simple. The ability to have 2 (or more) has been around since the game launched (I'd wager it's similar in any subscription based game), only recently was the intentional distribution of an additional account included in a pricing package (hero account) incentive.

A much more reasoned response and I thank you for that. I'm not advocating that a person should not be able to purchase multiple accounts. I also do not pretend to understand how the payment and logging system for the game works and whether it is even possible to implement a restriction that identifies the same person using multiple accounts at the same time under the current code and systems. Yes, personally I do not use my secondary builders account and honestly this is not one of my greatest issues in the game. I did not upgrade my builders account for the extra towing account, although I am sure it is an incentive for others. I just upgraded to help the new CRS make changes to the game because I can currently afford to do so and because I see the new CRS actually making changes. I just wanted to start the debate and see where it would go.

You are correct also in that in my original post I did not consider some of the aspects you are discussing with possible legitimate usage of multiple accounts. Again though, I am still saying that usage of multiple accounts and or secondary accounts awarded at a higher subscription rate by the same person at the same time on the same device puts other players that cannot afford the higher subscription at an unreasonable disadvantage in my opinion. We have FTP accounts and differing subscription rates that already provide enough disparity as it is. I do not see CRS really moving on this issue any time in the near future, so consider this thread more like breaking the ice for possible future adjustments in this area.

There are other areas of multiple account usage that are not discussed in this or the original post. I was not trying to cover every aspect of account usage. I don't think most posts do this when they begin. Most OPs are a starting point for the discussion which hopefully turns into a thread that respectfully discusses the issue or issues at hand.

I agree with everything you said. In addition I see it as unfair that some people have a better computers and lower ping than I do, so CRS should make the same computer and internet connection to all.

This game is indeed realistic; my dad used sneak up on lone panzers during the Battle of the Bulge and place charges on them to blow them up. That of course is after he pushed an atg from a walled army base, found a good spot in the fields and killed the occasional tank going to town from the german fire base.

I agree with everything you said. In addition I see it as unfair that some people have a better computers and lower ping than I do, so CRS should make the same computer and internet connection to all.

This game is indeed realistic; my dad used sneak up on lone panzers during the Battle of the Bulge and place charges on them to blow them up. That of course is after he pushed an atg from a walled army base, found a good spot in the fields and killed the occasional tank going to town from the german fire base.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. I'm guessing there is some form of sarcasm going on. If you are trying to bring in the realism part of the argument to the fore then I bring to your attention that I did say the game is simulated realism. I also stated we could all argue all day about what areas are acceptable forms of breaking from that simulated realism in order for better game play. But I suspect you really don't want to here what I have to say anyway. My view is that 2 accounts being run simultaneously is bad form in a fun and healthy competitive environment. None of these comments really tell me what you really think about my view other than an insinuated disagreement through some kind attempt at clever sarcasm.

You state (I hope sarcastically) that CRS should provide the same internet and computers so that all players have the same ping/lag in order to level the playing field. Something that is entirely out of their control. It's the same old slippery slope arguments that are used to fear monger people into making a decision which you might support for reasons you never really attemt to give or possibly can't even articulate. Basically you are just sniping at me for whatever reasons are justifiable in your mind. None of which actually contribute anything really useful to the conversation. I might add that your examples are actually more like shooting from the hip and are well off target than any actual concerted sniping.

I expect better from our community. But go ahead and snipe away if that is how you prefer to communicate.

Edited by stonecomet

goodfellaslaff_zpsc5vgzwcp.jpg

Again I have to guess at this one. I'm going to assume that you are laughing at me or at least my post.. Like you find my comments to be unworthy of any kind of consideration. Even if you really felt this way why do you feel the need to express it in this forum. It's not like we have some kind of rapport going on in the forums where this could be viewed as some kind of joking or ribbing. It's just plain poor communication skills and bad manners if the original intent is to ridicule my view point. Maybe you just find the entire thread amusing. I guess I should get ready for the popcorn eating posts. I'm pretty sure they are on the way any minute now. And so it goes on and on and on...

207_not_sure_if_serious_zpssgpcjwd5.jpg

Yes, honestly. It is a serious question in my mind. I originally posted the question and my comments in all sincerity. I'm finding it interesting however how some of the responses have come across. It is difficult at times to truly measure original intent on forum posts because of the lack of visual cues. You will find that I am a pretty serious and sincere person.

All of my posts come from a place of good intent. I can't wait for the paved road quote, another quaint little slippery slope response to muddle the issue and create doubt and fear. I'm not much for nasty banter and the sometimes poor quality of communications within some if not most forums. Don't worry I'll eventually get bored and move on. I'm just in the mood to try and help steer the ship in a different direction. But there are diamonds in the rough and I truly enjoy civilized and rational debate with members that are willing to contribute in that way. Funny thing is, I can come across very often as a person who feels superior or condescending while nothing could be further from the truth.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0