• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonecomet

Why are we allowed to play with 2 accounts at the same time?

58 posts in this topic

Stonecomet, I hate to say it but you are fighting a battle that you can't win.

I agree with every single thing you say. There's not a chance in Hades that I will ever use the free tow account that CRS affords me.My rule is that I will not use any method that gives me what I consider an unfair advantage over a new player. Unfortunately that puts me in a minority that probably only includes the two of us.

As some players have stated, they have spent a lot of time and money finding ways to manipulate the game to their advantage with two accounts. It's NOT just that they want to let others play in most cases. In many cases, it's power-gaming at it's finest.

Is the game supposed to be competitive? Yes, but let's face it, we live in a world that has reached a state where the only people who care about things like steroids in competitive sports are the judges. Heck, the fans actually get angrier at the competitors for being dumb enough to get caught than they do about their attempt to cheat to gain an unfair advantage. All's fair in love and war has pretty much replaced every other consideration.

To put it another way, I was playing once and someone suggested that I get an ATG and bring it to the fight. I said that I would be glad to play an ATG if they wanted to tow me or to drive the truck to tow them. They asked me why I didn't just use my tow account to drive myself. When I told them that I didn't use one, and that I thought doing so was playing unfairly, I was told that I didn't care about my side. I was told that if I wasn't willing to take advantage of a legal rule then I was just being stupid and selfish for limiting myself because of some unfounded sense of fairness. The guy was actually ticked off at me for refusing to use a second account!

I'll admit that I personally don't necessarily have an issue with someone using a second account just to drive a truck. Any player can get two f2p accounts and do that. My issue is the guys who take second accounts and set them in FBs to use as impromptu EWS, or as someone has said, to use them to cap a CP twice as fast.

There's nothing that you or I can say or do that will make folks stop gaming the game like this. CRS actually gives people a second account, thereby giving it their blessing. That alone makes it an impossible battle to fight.

Look at it this way If they NEED two accounts to beat your one...does that really make them better players than you? ;)

The beauty of this game is that it does allow all kinds of game play. That can be a blessing and a curse.

If you want to play fairly, go right ahead. if anyone gives you crap, it's their problem, not yours. I will tell you that I'll be glad to back you up anytime.

Stonecomet, I hate to say it but you are fighting a battle that you can't win.

I agree with every single thing you say. There's not a chance in Hades that I will ever use the free tow account that CRS affords me.My rule is that I will not use any method that gives me what I consider an unfair advantage over a new player. Unfortunately that puts me in a minority that probably only includes the two of us.

As some players have stated, they have spent a lot of time and money finding ways to manipulate the game to their advantage with two accounts. It's NOT just that they want to let others play in most cases. In many cases, it's power-gaming at it's finest.

Is the game supposed to be competitive? Yes, but let's face it, we live in a world that has reached a state where the only people who care about things like steroids in competitive sports are the judges. Heck, the fans actually get angrier at the competitors for being dumb enough to get caught than they do about their attempt to cheat to gain an unfair advantage. All's fair in love and war has pretty much replaced every other consideration.

To put it another way, I was playing once and someone suggested that I get an ATG and bring it to the fight. I said that I would be glad to play an ATG if they wanted to tow me or to drive the truck to tow them. They asked me why I didn't just use my tow account to drive myself. When I told them that I didn't use one, and that I thought doing so was playing unfairly, I was told that I didn't care about my side. I was told that if I wasn't willing to take advantage of a legal rule then I was just being stupid and selfish for limiting myself because of some unfounded sense of fairness. The guy was actually ticked off at me for refusing to use a second account!

I'll admit that I personally don't necessarily have an issue with someone using a second account just to drive a truck. Any player can get two f2p accounts and do that. My issue is the guys who take second accounts and set them in FBs to use as impromptu EWS, or as someone has said, to use them to cap a CP twice as fast.

There's nothing that you or I can say or do that will make folks stop gaming the game like this. CRS actually gives people a second account, thereby giving it their blessing. That alone makes it an impossible battle to fight.

Look at it this way If they NEED two accounts to beat your one...does that really make them better players than you? ;)

The beauty of this game is that it does allow all kinds of game play. That can be a blessing and a curse.

If you want to play fairly, go right ahead. if anyone gives you crap, it's their problem, not yours. I will tell you that I'll be glad to back you up anytime.

I want to thank you for speaking up with your support. It is greatly appreciated. In return I pretty much agree with everything you say. I really DID NOT nor DO NOT think CRS will ever really remove this feature from the game. Maybe some day if they ever get big enough and strong enough financially and population wise there is a sliver of hope for a change on this front, but honestly I seriously doubt it.

The original intent of the post was to simply point out what I think might have been an error, in some ways, on CRS's part. Originally the multiple account usage was most likely a financial decision and the extra account given to builder level subscriptions was partially financially driven to secure more builders. I really have no issue with the game mechanics allowing ATG's a third position that automatically spawns a truck or with players using their secondary accounts strictly for towing (something that will never occur in the general population). Again, I DO NOT expect for CRS to take away something they have given to builders and that some use "to great affect" and was part of their expectation when signing up as builders.

It's too late now, the genie is already out of the bottle. At least until CRS is able to wrest some control away from the inmates in this quirky little asylum known as WWII Online. I do try and play as fairly as I can, I've used the warp feature in the past and have occasionally shot the random foot sticking out of a building. All you new players reading this keep good situation awareness of where your feet are when in a building. I've stopped doing all of these things in the interest of my own sense of fairness.

It really does not bother me that much that other players are using extra accounts. I just wanted everyone to understand why I don't use mine. And while I appreciate the gesture from CRS, at least in my case, it is not something I will ever use. It is refreshing to see someone who dedicates a fair amount of their time into the game to keep a fair and balanced view of certain play mechanics and the player base. I think some players invest so much time into the game that it becomes a bit unhealthy and affects their reasoned judgement when it comes to some of these things. However, I am grateful to all players that have stuck around to keep the game alive and that shows in how I play the game and try to assist the player base, regardless, in any situation I find myself in game. Remembering that I'm really just an average player so success is not assured.

My greatest concern right now is that the player base needs a wake-up call to change their thinking and behaviors for the STEAM release. Otherwise, we might drive a fair amount of those potential customers away and miss a real opportunity to grow the population beyond the first influx of new players. All of these gaming the system type of behaviors will only be attractive to a minority of the incoming player base. To those that might find these types of behaviors unappealing, well, most of them won't even say anything, they will just stop playing or never pay for a subscription.

In fairness to all there are some really great community members here and overall I think that is true. But it does not take many to spoil something good if the good just sit back and watch. We have to police ourselves, no one else is going to do it. At least not anytime soon.

Thanks again and let me know if you need anything in-game or out that I might be able to help with.

S!

Edited by stonecomet

At least you found someone to tow you. Rare is the day that someone will give me a tow even when they spawn a truck for some other purpose. That is why I paid for a second account after the game population crashed years ago. In addition I am helping other players who want a tow when I spawn a truck and helping CRS stay in business.

BTW I exclusively play the losing side. Two acccounts helps even out the game play, making it more fun for all.

That's unfair?

At least you found someone to tow you. Rare is the day that someone will give me a tow even when they spawn a truck for some other purpose. That is why I paid for a second account after the game population crashed years ago. In addition I am helping other players who want a tow when I spawn a truck and helping CRS stay in business.

BTW I exclusively play the losing side. Two acccounts helps even out the game play, making it more fun for all.

That's unfair?

Granit, the last thing I would want would be some bad blood between us, or for that matter anyone else in the community. I'm glad you purchased an additional account to help with your towing needs and I admire your altruism in using your extra account to tow other players. I'm happy that those additional funds help CRS to stay running and hopefully thrive.

I did say it was unfair, but maybe in retrospect that language is a little harsh. All I will say is that it gives certain players a slight advantage over opposing players that do not have the luxury of additional accounts. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

I'm a bit of an underdog champion myself but still cannot seem to bring myself to play Axis during campaigns. In fact if you track down all of my game activity you will find very little Axis activity at all. I know it's silly but there it is. I hope to see you in game and either help or hinder your cause depending on which side you are situated with at the time.

That's unfair?

While I see your reasoning, it IS unfair.

Here's an example.

Say I am a player who CAN'T have a second account, for whatever reason (Comp can't handle game twice...No resources for a second computer/monitor...etc...)

I am defending a town. You are attacking. After awhile we keep fighting and I am making no progress, so I decide that while you are trying to cap the town, I will try to kill your FB/ or your FRU. So I head out of town and take the time to get out to the FB or to find your FRU. At this point I find out that you have a second account waiting there. You are able to quickly switch to your second account and kill me. By the time I spawn in again I am getting a message stating that you have capped the CP I was defending. e can rinse and repeat, but while i am running back and forth trying to win one objective or the other, you don't have to do much at all. You are in both places and just have to wait for me to come to you. In the end I never really had much of a chance.

This example, while not perfect, really sums up what can happen. Often a player with a single account has effectively been defeated before he even starts to fight the player with two or more accounts.

This kind of thing can really put players who can have multiple accounts heads and shoulders above single account players. And no, it really isn't fair, no matter how much you want to use the ability to help the underdog team...and yes, there is the possibility that new players will find out that it's happening, start screaming that the game is "pay to win," and leave. It's a risk that every company that offers f2p accounts and allows second accounts takes. It's not just CRS.

I believe, however, that the majority of new players who complain at first, will themselves gleefully obtain a second account in order to give themselves just such an advantage. Because, my friend, we live in an age where power gamers are the cool kids, and where companies that actually try to ensure and enforce completely fair gaming usually don't survive for very long.

Edited by Quincannon

I am defending a town. You are attacking. After awhile we keep fighting and I am making no progress, so I decide that while you are trying to cap the town, I will try to kill your FB/ or your FRU. So I head out of town and take the time to get out to the FB or to find your FRU. At this point I find out that you have a second account waiting there. You are able to quickly switch to your second account and kill me. By the time I spawn in again I am getting a message stating that you have capped the CP I was defending. e can rinse and repeat, but while i am running back and forth trying to win one objective or the other, you don't have to do much at all. You are in both places and just have to wait for me to come to you. In the end I never really had much of a chance.

I only use my second account for towing.

If there are only two of us playing the point is moot.

I think the reason we are allowed to have more than one account active at one time is because of the smaller player base we have.

2 accounts were allowed like 10 years ago when the game had enough players to support over a dozen AOs at a time.

2 accounts were allowed like 10 years ago when the game had enough players to support over a dozen AOs at a time.

You say 10 years ago so 2005 in the infancy of the game. Do you remember complaints from the player base concerning this addition to the game? Perhaps this decision may have contributed to the lowering of the population, perhaps not.

I do realize that now. So maybe my opinions are way of base on why they were allowed. It sounds like being able to play two accounts at the same time has been around since or near the beginning. If that is so, in my mind at least, I still consider that a questionable decision in this type of game environment. I certainly do not think anyone should be restricted from purchasing as many accounts as they wish. My concern was about the improper usage of multiple accounts at the same time even if on the same side. For the majority of the player base I believe this is a non-issue. I've come to the conclusion that this is something that most likely will never change so I will just have to live with it. I get why it is popular and why players that do use them enjoy them, so I defer to the general player base on this one. The dual usage of accounts by other members will not stop me from playing the game and I will still enjoy the game overall.

You say 10 years ago so 2005 in the infancy of the game. Do you remember complaints from the player base concerning this addition to the game? Perhaps this decision may have contributed to the lowering of the population, perhaps not.

Multi-accounts were never an addition to the game - a player has always been allowed to have multiple accounts - going back to initial launch in 2001

There has never been a restriction on the number of accounts a person can own and use. The only limits by CRS was that they play the same side.

I kept 2 paid accounts for years as my grandson occasional played when he stays with us, kept 2 computers that could run the game as well. When he's not here/playing I occasionally use the 2nd along with the primary.

I've loaned the 2nd to friends that for whatever reason couldn't afford a full sub at times as well.

So long as both accounts are used on the same side I honestly see no reason for a concern.

The only limits by CRS was that they play the same side.

Which was enforced about as often as jaywalking in Alaska.

I think the reason we are allowed to have more than one account active at one time is because of the smaller player base we have. Honestly, it just feels like cheating and gaming the system to me. You can't get a tow, tough. You can't set up a pre-camp and play elsewhere. Even better. You can't be in two place at one time, hmmm sounds a bit too realistic to me (#sarcasm). CRS you can just take my second "towing account" away. I'll never use it.

I'm hoping one day in the near future, when we get a larger player base, that you will take this "feature" away. It just doesn't sit right with me. I'm not worried about spies. I'm more concerned with players on the same side being in two places at one time. And please for the games sake get rid of warping. I use this one currently, but I think I'm just going to abstain from now on as it doesn't feel right at all, regardless of how my fellow allies think about it.

We need to start thinking of solutions, changes and improvements that facilitate large populations over smaller ones and get ourselves ready for Steam release and that means removing some of these gamey aspects that turn off a significant amount of players.

I love to run four accounts (with all similar names to Zach) at once during TZ3, defending every depot in a small town... the rage is always wonderful

I agree with everything you said. In addition I see it as unfair that some people have a better computers and lower ping than I do, so CRS should make the same computer and internet connection to all.

This game is indeed realistic; my dad used sneak up on lone panzers during the Battle of the Bulge and place charges on them to blow them up. That of course is after he pushed an atg from a walled army base, found a good spot in the fields and killed the occasional tank going to town from the german fire base.

/threadover

I have a second account as I am a hero builder. Everyone knows I am a tanker and I recently joined HC. Overall I will tell you having a second account has degraded my tanking but has been helpful to the Allied cause.

The pros as a tanker is I can bring myself ammo and build a FRU to support my tank. (My squad was always willing to do this, now I don't have to ask.) The pro for me as an HC is that I can bring a ML with my tank and build a FRU to attack the target. I feel like building an attack FRU that is supported by a tank is a positive because I am doing something that benefits other players and in turn my tank gets quasi support.

The cons, because I am on my second account doing things; I am missing opportunities to kill things, I am getting snuck up on more easily and generally not as effective as usual. I have huge TOM now will far fewer kills to show for it. Each minute I spend on my second account weakens my main in combat effectiveness.

what nonsense...

2 or 3 accounts this is normal (always on the same side).

If you can have 2 or 3 accounts good!! CRS thanks.

I'm even thinking of buying another...lol

I don't have a second account. Never have, never will. I've pushed paks for 30-40 minutes just to have an AO pulled as soon as I get there, lol. CRS needs to let 251's tow pak40's as they could IRL.

Second Accounts have been here since day one. AS far as CRS is concerned is that they do not play both sides at the same time.

There is many reasons to have a second accounts and 99% are for the right reasons. That 1% gives having a 2nd account a bad name.

If you suspect anyone to be abusing their 2nd account dot report it. The GM's are players just like you who hate to see stuff like that go on. They will investigate it and do the right thing by Warning the abuser or even kick them from the game and then they make an after actions report for CRS to follow up on. When CRS gets a report from the GM's on something like this we will try and contact the player.

GM's will never Contact the player reporting any issue that is sent by players ... That is there standing orders by CRS.

Second Accounts have been here since day one. AS far as CRS is concerned is that they do not play both sides at the same time.

Hey, what was the name of that guy who got busted for having an account in BOTH HCs at once?

Man, that was funny.

Hey, what was the name of that guy who got busted for having an account in BOTH HCs at once?

Man, that was funny.

Turd ferguson

Just gotta love it when people automatically go to a player is going to cheat with two accounts. We had additional accounts within our squad and would allow people to play with it to check out the game for instance.

"Second Accounts have been here since day one. AS far as CRS is concerned is that they do not play both sides at the same time. "

-Ohm

I agree with what OHM said. I don't care if someone ha$ 3 or even 4 accounts as long as they don't use them to spy. I don't think spies should be banned (at least on the first few offenses), but definitely scolded or warned about doing such; afterall, it is arguable whether spying significantly effects a campaigns outcome and they did exist in the real WWII.

-just my dirty little ho

;-)

I'm a fanatic extremist defending the 2 pay accounts for a player, I have my tow (esbirro250) and, even tough the beginnings are difficult, when you get used to it, and only if you have a good pc that can support both accounts, you have unlimited possibilities:

1.- Guarding at the same time 2 ab bunkers or any combination of important places (docks, spawnables, FB etc...) when it's needed. To do this you have to be the type of player who can sit somewhere guarding it for hours.

2.- Add your tow as crew member (specially good in planes and ships)

3.- Tow you anywhere fast at any moment.

4.- Use mortar with your main account with the unlimited ammo that your tow gives you (I love to do this).

5.- Blow an FB alone in kamikaze missions (opel+sapper, also very fun), when the map is boring you can just play to blow any undefended FB in the map.

6.- Set your own fru fast (opel+infantry) and then capture at double speed with both accounts.

There are many more things but these are the main I use to do. Now I never log in only my main account, I'd be missing too much.

S!

thats why I made my builder tow account into a real account, now I can guard more, tow more, etc. I dont use both accounts as much as I should as it can get a little hectic, but when I do it usually works well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0