Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gretnine

Windows 10 users playing WWIIOL!

13 posts in this topic

I want to start off by saying that this IS NOT a support or troubleshooting thread, so that's why i decided to put it in the General Discussion section.

So, players who are playing the game on WIN10, I want to hear your experiences and thoughts. I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 10 in a couple of days. Have you experienced any problems with the install (ESPECIALLY with the new patch), client etc, after upgrading to Windows 10? Any common problems that players are/have been facing that I should know about?

I have had 0 issues with playing with win10 on 2 different platforms (my PC and a Surface pro-3). From what I can tell FPS is about the same, may even be a little quicker. I do play on an old PC though, so a lot of the efficiencies with win 10 are lost on my old single 32bit processor.

The problems I've seen in the help forum are display related (disable the DPI scaling and it fixes it), or audio related (the DXinstall that comes with the download also generally fixes that).

Edited by b2k

After my Upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 i have no ingame sound in BGE.

I have format c: and install all new and then it works perfekt again.

FPS is the same

My only issue has been with my joystick, Saitek x52, that if unplugged while the PC us on it locks everything including mouse and have to do a hard reset :mad:.

I to have had an increase in FPS and aside from my JS issue it runs very well.

FYI....Win7 to Win10

I want to start off by saying that this IS NOT a support or troubleshooting thread, so that's why i decided to put it in the General Discussion section.

So, players who are playing the game on WIN10, I want to hear your experiences and thoughts. I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 10 in a couple of days. Have you experienced any problems with the install (ESPECIALLY with the new patch), client etc, after upgrading to Windows 10? Any common problems that players are/have been facing that I should know about?

are you a it guy?I hate win10 but I am no it guy.

are you a it guy?I hate win10 but I am no it guy.

Yes sir, IT guy here. I just hate battling with these kind of things. I want everything to be smooth... lol

Thanks everyone for responses.

I have had no game related issues with Windows 10. I have had some issues with Windows 10 itself but I'm kind of the exception. Most other folks I know that run Windows 10 have very few if any issues. My issues are specific to my system and the mother board and the BIOS. I've had to go through and re-install some of my drivers from the manufacturers to resolve issues. My Nvidia Card and the Broadcom Netlink Etherent adapter and my SondBlaster Sound Card have also experienced some communications issues. Windows 10 and these 3 drivers sometimes have issues communicating properly and it sometimes drops my wired internet connection thinking the Router or Adapter needs to be reset.

Usually I have to restart my system to resolve this issue. It is rare and eventually if Microsoft does not eventually resolve the issue I'll just spend the $30 dollars or so to get a new Ethernet Card and install it. This has NEVER happened while playing the game. It seems to only happen when watching videos and/or multitasking at the same time. Very rarely it occurred while playing games and using Teamspeak at the same time, but only if I have my graphics card audio adapter enabled at the same time so I just uninstalled the Nvidia graphics card sound drivers and audio files.

Edited by stonecomet

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0